What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (7 Viewers)

In the comics, spidey was tonys first recruit. He actually asked him to do him a favor without even telling him what it was. Spidey said of course. Iirc

Black Panther was part of a secret club with Reid Richards. I think he also sided with Iron Man so it would stand to reason that BP is team iron man.

Spidey changes teams in the comic. He starts with Tony, sees how unethical his team becomes, then tries to switch and is nearly killed in the process (The Punisher saves him).

The Civil War trailer looks great!

I love the formula they keep using of casting a classy older actor.

Jeff Bridges

William Hurt

Anthony Hopkins

Tommy Lee Jones

Ben Kingsly

Robert Redford

Micheal Douglas

The Civil War trailer looks great!

I love the formula they keep using of casting a classy older actor.

Jeff Bridges

William Hurt

Anthony Hopkins

Tommy Lee Jones

Ben Kingsly

Robert Redford

Micheal Douglas
who is it in the trailer?
William Hurt, reprising his role as General Ross
I believe he first shows up in The Incredible Hulk. I think this is his second time but I might have missed him some where else.

The two sides in a Civil War art promo.
Okay so because I'm that guy War Machine vs Falcon is an incredible mismatch as is Cap v Iron Man but Hawkeye gives Cap's side numbers and I am sure he has some arrows that will neutralize their armor (temporarily of course). But the obvious way they are going to balance the power gap is (this probably isn't a spoiler for most but just in case)

Vision falling in love with Scarlet Witch

Everyone has a dance partner but Hawkeye....could we read into that he does not pick a side?
In the trailer he's on Cap's side when they're all running into battle.

There's also another clip which was at a convention or show but hasn't gotten online which apparently showed Black Widow and him fighting.

Everyone has a dance partner but Hawkeye....could we read into that he does not pick a side?
Pretty sure he is on Cap's side. I think they are setting Hawkeye up to lead the team in the next phase of Marvel's plan.
I'm a huge Dr. Strange fanboy so I acknowledge my bias but I could see him being a huge part of their future plans if for no other reason than Benedict Cumberbatch is a pretty big deal so if Downey bows out he could pass the torch to Cumberbatch and still have a big name leading the way.

Pretty sure he is on Cap's side. I think they are setting Hawkeye up to lead the team in the next phase of Marvel's plan.
I'm a huge Dr. Strange fanboy so I acknowledge my bias but I could see him being a huge part of their future plans if for no other reason than Benedict Cumberbatch is a pretty big deal so if Downey bows out he could pass the torch to Cumberbatch and still have a big name leading the way.
If they can strike a deal, pulling in Xmen and F4 for Illuminati would be a great next move. With Hulk banishment and Ww Hulk.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they can strike a deal, pulling in Xmen and F4 for Illuminati would be a great next move. With Hulk banishment and Ww Hulk.
I could see the FF happening just because Fox has repeatedly whiffed on translating it into a sustainable franchise, but X-Men pretty much prints money for them so I just don't see it happening.

Dr. Strange would open the door for The Defenders. Would give the movie writers freedom to create unique stories and Marvel would probably love establishing that group. Looks like they will be a movie or series on Netflix.

Dr. Strange would open the door for The Defenders. Would give the movie writers freedom to create unique stories and Marvel would probably love establishing that group. Looks like they will be a movie or series on Netflix.
There is already a plan to do the Defenders on Netflix using the those heroes - Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. It's supposed to come out around the end of Phase 3.

There is already a plan to do the Defenders on Netflix using the those heroes - Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. It's supposed to come out around the end of Phase 3.
=( not even close to The Defenders team I remember.

Yeah, it was Hulk, Namor, the Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange who were the original Defenders so I'm not sure why Netflix is even doing this.

MaxThreshold said:
netnalp said:
bcdjr1 said:
Yeah, it was Hulk, Namor, the Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange who were the original Defenders so I'm not sure why Netflix is even doing this.
Luke Cage and Daredevil were early recruits and Iron Fist was involved once or twice. Not sure about Jessica Jones though.

Not a fan of them introducing T'Challa in a Cap movie. Especially a Cap movie filled so many other characters.

It's going to really suck if they rush his intro with something hamfisted and overly brief.

MaxThreshold said:
netnalp said:
bcdjr1 said:
Luke Cage and Daredevil were early recruits and Iron Fist was involved once or twice. Not sure about Jessica Jones though.
She got in on the "main squeeze" clause.

BTW, in case you haven't heard, Ta'Nehisi Coates is writing the next installment of Black Panther for Marvel.

To put in context how freaking incredible this, imagine if James Baldwin decided to write for a comic at the height of his ability.

I'm not over-exaggerating. Coates is that good. And he's been a huge Marvel fan since he was a kid.

Big admirer of Stan Lee. Feels massive debt and gratitude for what Stan did with the civil rights movement and the X-Men, as well as Black Panther.

flysack said:
Chaka said:
MaxThreshold said:
netnalp said:
bcdjr1 said:
She got in on the "main squeeze" clause.
They've all been members in the New Avengers at one point or another.

Love Deadpool. Totally going to see this in theaters.

I only wonder, if he is a Fox property like X-Men, why they went with a Russian Colossus when the other movies didn't. It would be nice if they kept continuity for their X-Men universe. They went through a lot of effort to synchronize the original and new X-Men films in Days of Future Past, I would hope that Deadpool is part of their bigger plan (although it is quite possible that there is no bigger plan).

I only wonder, if he is a Fox property like X-Men, why they went with a Russian Colossus when the other movies didn't. It would be nice if they kept continuity for their X-Men universe. They went through a lot of effort to synchronize the original and new X-Men films in Days of Future Past, I would hope that Deadpool is part of their bigger plan (although it is quite possible that there is no bigger plan).
Colossus in the Ultimate MARVEl world works for the Russian Mob. The preview made it look like that.

Colossus in the Ultimate MARVEl world works for the Russian Mob. The preview made it look like that.
Yeah it seemed like that but Deadpool did tell Colossus that he didn't have time for his X-Men stuff. But that really wasn't my point, if Fox is going to curate the X-Men franchise I would like to see the same kind of long range vision that is being demonstrated by Marvel/Disney for all the other franchises. This trailer makes it look very unlikely that, for example, Deadpool and Wolverine will ever appear in the same film (yeah, yeah I saw X-Men Origins) even though that would be awesome.

Yeah it seemed like that but Deadpool did tell Colossus that he didn't have time for his X-Men stuff. But that really wasn't my point, if Fox is going to curate the X-Men franchise I would like to see the same kind of long range vision that is being demonstrated by Marvel/Disney for all the other franchises. This trailer makes it look very unlikely that, for example, Deadpool and Wolverine will ever appear in the same film (yeah, yeah I saw X-Men Origins) even though that would be awesome.
There are rumors that Jackman's Wolverine will make a cameo in Deadpool.

Fuled by this: https://twitter.com/realhughjackman/status/680029157808582656

Current comic-movie discussion online is that the excitement generated with the public release of a Deadpool movie has kicked off the creation of the Xmen: DOFP spin-off for X-Force. Deadpool is one of the main characters in X-Force, along with Cable, Domino, Warpath, and Cannonball. Based on news from the Daily Superheroes movie site, the actor portraying Colossus was switched out at the last minute. I'm wondering if this had to do with him also being included in the X-Force movie? Depending upon which version of the comic you pick up, Colossus was also a part of the team.

Users who are viewing this thread