Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Marvel Cinematic Universe - "What if" Now Playing; Shang-Chi on Sept. 3rd

2 minutes ago, CentralPA said:

I wouldn't consider Raimi's original and sequel (SM3 was terrible) as failures but yeah, Marvel probably can do better.

By that same token, Raimi's original was 15 years ago (from the release date of the new one). Not exactly right on the heels of it. 

Time for a new take with a new cast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Manback said:

By that same token, Raimi's original was 15 years ago (from the release date of the new one). Not exactly right on the heels of it. 

Time for a new take with a new cast.

yeah, they really should put out 3 new Spider-man movies every decade. 

Seriously though, it does make sense for Marvel to put their own movies out with underroos. If for no better reason than to mesh him better with the rest of the MCU.

1 hour ago, Harry Manback said:

I think it's fair for marvel to get their own spin on their character after Sony's failed attempts.

I believe the new Spider-Man movie, while in the MCU (apparently Stark will make an appearance) and under the purview of Feige, will be a Sony movie and not Disney.

1 minute ago, bcdjr1 said:

I believe the new Spider-Man movie, while in the MCU (apparently Stark will make an appearance) and under the purview of Feige, will be a Sony movie and not Disney.

Hmm...regardless, can we talk about how Marissa Tomei is freaking Aunt May?!?!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/

7 minutes ago, Harry Manback said:

Hmm...regardless, can we talk about how Marissa Tomei is freaking Aunt May?!?!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/

On 3/26/2016 at 5:27 PM, shadyridr said:

Marisa tomeii is gonna play aunt may? Kill me now

Agreed

2 minutes ago, bcdjr1 said:

We haven't seen her in the part yet.  She doesn't have to be sexy.

Its Marissa ####### Tomei. It comes naturally

• Like 1

They've got me hooked so no real complaint, although I would have prefered instead of an origin story to have the origin take place during the opening credits on comic book slides.  3 minutes of setting up the back story and then the movie starts.  They can then do their short internet stuff as they ahve been doing to fill in some gaps later on.  Everyone knows Spidey anyway.

2 hours ago, Yankee23Fan said:

They've got me hooked so no real complaint, although I would have prefered instead of an origin story to have the origin take place during the opening credits on comic book slides.  3 minutes of setting up the back story and then the movie starts.  They can then do their short internet stuff as they ahve been doing to fill in some gaps later on.  Everyone knows Spidey anyway.

I thought I read somewhere that it may be something like that. Not an origin story again but more like a reintroduction (ie he has his powers already or gets them in flashbacks) and the story is more about him exploring and understanding his new powers.

25 minutes ago, CentralPA said:

Interesting, I thought they were waiting for Iron Fist and Luke Cage to release S1?  I think Luke Cage is in August or Sept, not sure about Iron Fist.  Exciting ####.

Yep, Luke Cage hits Netflix September 30, and Iron Fist likely slated for next year

29 minutes ago, massraider said:

So, when I was a kid it was, Power Man and Iron Fist. They have completely separate story lines? 

The eventually teamed up but Luke Cage, Hero for Hire and Iron Fist had separate comics/storylines as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably nothing more than an Easter egg, but scenes filmed for GoG2 feature fake movie posters with Nathan Fillion as Simon Williams, aka Wonder Man. 

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Who-Nathan-Fillion-Might-Play-Guardians-Galaxy-Vol-2-127007.html

http://imgur.com/a/ZTWeW#siO2uuR

Edited by Peter Lemonjello
Link added

4 hours ago, AcerFC said:

This should break all kinds of records, no?

I mean until the new star wars

It will do well, but I don't think it'll do as well as the Avengers movies. I can see people staying away because it's Cap 3. Especially those who didn't see Cap 1 and/or 2. Cap 2 was said to be the best Marvel movie up to that point, but it did about $200 million less domestically than Avengers 2.

IMO, Cap 2 is still the best Marvel movie (I haven't seen Cap 3 yet, so I'm not counting it).  But because this is a Cap movie, Cap 3 will do less than the Avengers movies.

Edited by bcdjr1

On 4/27/2016 at 4:05 PM, bcdjr1 said:

It will do well, but I don't think it'll do as well as the Avengers movies. I can see people staying away because it's Cap 3. Especially those who didn't see Cap 1 and/or 2. Cap 2 was said to be the best Marvel movie up to that point, but it did about $200 million less domestically than Avengers 2.

IMO, Cap 2 is still the best Marvel movie (I haven't seen Cap 3 yet, so I'm not counting it).  But because this is a Cap movie, Cap 3 will do less than the Avengers movies.

You're probably right but Cap 3 is effectively Avengers 3.

On 4/27/2016 at 7:05 PM, bcdjr1 said:

I couldn't disagree more.

1 minute ago, Harry Manback said:

I couldn't disagree more.

To which part?  That it'll do well, but not as well as the Avengers movies?  That people won't go to see it because it's a Cap movie?  That Cap 2 did about $200 million less domestically than Avengers 2?  That Cap 2 is the best Marvel movie up to Cap 3?

On 4/29/2016 at 8:38 AM, Capella said:

Netflix ordered the Punisher series. 

yes yes yes this is my favorite dude i just get in to unhinged rage and yet with just a hint of goodness bam this is so awesome i hope that they never bring that foghat guy from dd in to the series he stinks up the joint but they can bring in all the elektra they want from dd she is one fine lookin papershaker that is all that i m saying take that to the bank bromigos 

2 minutes ago, bcdjr1 said:

To which part?  That it'll do well, but not as well as the Avengers movies?  That people won't go to see it because it's a Cap movie?  That Cap 2 did about $200 million less domestically than Avengers 2?  That Cap 2 is the best Marvel movie up to Cap 3?

Knowing Harry, pretty sure all of it

1 minute ago, bcdjr1 said:

Just about all parts.

I think it will beat the 2nd Avengers movie, maybe even the 1st.

I think people will see it because while it's not an Avengers movie in name, it is in the cast.

I think that this will do better than Cap 2.

I do agree with your last part.

1 minute ago, Harry Manback said:

Just about all parts.

I think it will beat the 2nd Avengers movie, maybe even the 1st.

I think people will see it because while it's not an Avengers movie in name, it is in the cast.

I think that this will do better than Cap 2.

I do agree with your last part.

The presence of Spider-man is going to make a box office difference. I think it will likely end up between the first and second Avengers, and I don't think it's impossible that it could pass the first. 

• Corporation changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe - "What if" Now Playing; Shang-Chi on Sept. 3rd