What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (11 Viewers)

I just hated the Iron Man suit on Spidey. And thought the fights were meh. Loved Holland and all the characters. The humor was top of the line. 

But I couldn't get over the annoyance of Spidey not being dialed in on spidey-sense and being in a Tony Stark Mark87 suit.  :wall:
He's a young hero, his powers haven't fully developed/he hasn't fully realized them.

He even says his senses are too powerful for him to handle, and that's why he wears the goofy goggles.

You can see in the previews for infinity his arm hairs standing up, he has a burgeoning spider-sense, it's not like they aren't including it. 

Watched Ragnarok last night and really enjoyed it.

I get why people think it was too much comedy but, to me, it also got really dark at times and definitely felt balanced enough that I did not find the comedy distracting.

Also regarding the humor did anyone comment yet on who the director was? I realized when Korg made his appearance that it was Taika Waititi doing the voice. Checked out IMDB and saw he directed Ragnarok, he also wrote/directed What We Do In Shadows with Jemaine Clement.  WWDIS is, perhaps, my favorite comedy of the past decade if you haven't seen it do yourself a favor and watch it. 

At any rate once I realized it was Waititi directing the comedy made a ton of sense.  Best of the Thor movies by a good margin.

Watched Ragnarok last night and really enjoyed it.

I get why people think it was too much comedy but, to me, it also got really dark at times and definitely felt balanced enough that I did not find the comedy distracting.

Also regarding the humor did anyone comment yet on who the director was? I realized when Korg made his appearance that it was Taika Waititi doing the voice. Checked out IMDB and saw he directed Ragnarok, he also wrote/directed What We Do In Shadows with Jemaine Clement.  WWDIS is, perhaps, my favorite comedy of the past decade if you haven't seen it do yourself a favor and watch it. 

At any rate once I realized it was Waititi directing the comedy made a ton of sense.  Best of the Thor movies by a good margin.
Thanks, will give it a try.  Loved the sense of humor in Ragnarok.

I took my sons to see Black Panther yesterday afternoon. To me, it was kind of meh.

I loved the visuals, and the fight scenes (especially the armored rhinos), but the story itself was really weak. I kept waiting for it to tie into the bigger MCU and it never did. This was essentially a Wakandan Civil War story. Ulysses Klaue acted like every ignorant Patriots fan all rolled into one giant doosh.  

If I was channel surfing on a rainy weekend afternoon and it was on, I'd probably watch it. Probably won't buy it.

ETA: My wife's cousin who is a total hippie told me the day before yesterday that he wanted to see it. Yesterday, after we told we told him that we'd seen it, said, "It's that superhero movie, isn't it?" He thought it was about THE Black Panthers. :lmao: :lmao:  

Last edited by a moderator:

I must lean towards the female side of things :)   :lmao:

Scarlet Witch, Peggy Carter, and Nakia
I guess I do  too.  

You got: Scarlet Witch, Peggy Carter, and Nakia

You're a combo of Scarlet Witch, Peggy Carter, and Nakia. You're bold, fierce, and passionate. You never back down from a challenge, and you always charge into danger head on. Your friends and family are the most important things in the world to you.

I guess I do  too.  

You got: Scarlet Witch, Peggy Carter, and Nakia

You're a combo of Scarlet Witch, Peggy Carter, and Nakia. You're bold, fierce, and passionate. You never back down from a challenge, and you always charge into danger head on. Your friends and family are the most important things in the world to you.
I think it was my love for Buffy that did it :)

You got: Captain America, Star-Lord, and Vision

You're a combo of Captain America, Star-Lord, and Vision. You're cunning, brave, and adventurous. You're someone who takes charge whenever there's a crisis. While you can sometimes be stubborn, you're just someone who sticks with your instincts.

Accurate.

Ok so IW is in theaters, Ant Man and the Wasp is coming soon....

and I am watching Jessica Jones s2. Luke Cage s2 comes out in June as does Clock and Dagger

Got to say, Im all in on any marvel show

That cloak and dagger show looks awful on the teenage girl network. I was hoping Dabney Coleman would reprise his role as the invisible guy who was the kids figure. 

AcerFC said:
That cloak and dagger show looks awful on the teenage girl network. I was hoping Dabney Coleman would reprise his role as the invisible guy who was the kids figure. 
Really? I think it looks good.  I was a Cloak and Dagger fan when they had their short run in the 80s though.  Even subscribed to the comic.

AcerFC said:
Hopefully its not as bad as inhumans but I expect it to be similar to Marvel's Runaways, which wasnt bad.

You got: Captain America, Star-Lord, and Vision

You're a combo of Captain America, Star-Lord, and Vision. You're cunning, brave, and adventurous. You're someone who takes charge whenever there's a crisis. While you can sometimes be stubborn, you're just someone who sticks with your instincts.

Accurate.
Got the same as you.   :thumbup:

Really curious how Infinity Wars is going to affect Shield. That could be a cool payoff of they do it right. Then the new season will be before the films get a chance at "fixing" everything. Unless Antman takes care of it which I think would surprise us all. 

Really curious how Infinity Wars is going to affect Shield. That could be a cool payoff of they do it right. Then the new season will be before the films get a chance at "fixing" everything. Unless Antman takes care of it which I think would surprise us all. 
Shield has not been renewed (yet).

The last episode this season is entitled

The End
which speaks for itself if the show is done.

Shield has not been renewed (yet).

The last episode this season is entitled

The End
which speaks for itself if the show is done.
Well they can't anything bigger than Infinity did, so they have to have some sort of "win" in regards to what they're trying to stop right now. Probably Thanos making everything they do irrelevant just in time. 

Shield was renewed for a short run but won't air until summer 2019.  I wonder if there is a big tie in to IW in the season finale and can't return until after A4?

I finished up Jessica Jones Season 1 last night.

I enjoyed the show but man that was some dark stuff.  

I believe Daredevil Season 2 is next on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread