What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (6 Viewers)

Seriously? 

It's not top 5 for me but I liked it a lot. 
Yeah, did not think much of it.  Humor was weak.  Story was weak.  A little too convenient that the mother could heal ghost.

Creativity of the size changing stuff was good.  But a miniature car outrunning a full sized car?  It was like 1/20th of the size and would have had to do like 1600 miles per hour relatively.

And it is too each their own - but the movie is lifte up for fitting in the Avengers/Marvel  mythos.  Standalone it like a 6

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, did not think much of it.  Humor was weak.  Story was weak.  A little too convenient that the mother could heal ghost.

Creativity of the size changing stuff was good.  But a miniature car outrunning a full sized car?  It was like 1/20th of the size and would have had to do like 1600 miles per hour relatively.

And it is too each their own - but the movie is lifte up for fitting in the Avengers/Marvel  mythos.  Standalone it like a 6
🤷‍♂️ To each their own, but I was entertained in the theater and am about halfway through it again on Netflix.  Rudd and Lilly work well together.  

I didn't mind that the mom could cure ghost but it is very convenient that just as they're trying to get her back ghost makes her appearance. 

With all comic book movies you need to suspend disbelief. I don't care that the scaled car would have to drive 20x60mph or whatever, when a tiny person can knock a full grown person out, and a building can shrink and move with nobody seeming to notice. 

🤷‍♂️ To each their own, but I was entertained in the theater and am about halfway through it again on Netflix.  Rudd and Lilly work well together.  

I didn't mind that the mom could cure ghost but it is very convenient that just as they're trying to get her back ghost makes her appearance. 

With all comic book movies you need to suspend disbelief. I don't care that the scaled car would have to drive 20x60mph or whatever, when a tiny person can knock a full grown person out, and a building can shrink and move with nobody seeming to notice. 
This I agree.  When I see someone point out a bunch of things in a fictional movie that could never happen IRL as the reason why the movie was bad it is a pet peeve.

-OZ- said:

Yeah, yeah and Ant Man was bracing himself and, with the levels of gravity and polarity, I believe the #### could happen!

LOL and we question when they shrink the house...what happens to the plumbing, the underground utilities blah blah blah......its a comic book movie. Suspend disbelief and let yourself be a kid again people.

Anyway, I loved Antman. Top 3 Marvel flick for me personally. The sequel.....meh not so much. It entertained me, but did not hold a candle to the the original. 

Mario Kart said:
That tv spot was awesome. This movie better be 2.5 - 3 hours long.
The internet sleuths are already examining the trailer frame by frame and have discovered things like what appears to be someone edited out to keep spoilers in play from 2 of the shots. 

I love the crazy dedicated people of this world.

LOL and we question when they shrink the house...what happens to the plumbing, the underground utilities blah blah blah......its a comic book movie. Suspend disbelief and let yourself be a kid again people.

Anyway, I loved Antman. Top 3 Marvel flick for me personally. The sequel.....meh not so much. It entertained me, but did not hold a candle to the the original. 
Off the grid building. And not even solar. Probably some fusion generator. Water from some sort of large vat on the first floor. Waste goes into a holding tank next to the water. 

The internet sleuths are already examining the trailer frame by frame and have discovered things like what appears to be someone edited out to keep spoilers in play from 2 of the shots. 

I love the crazy dedicated people of this world.
I tried not to watch too closely but they gave away an ultra minor spoiler but made it so obvious I assume they did not care.

It looks like Cap gets his round shield back.  I think this is likely important and symbolic since I still think Cap dies saving everyone and as part of his death scene he gives shield to Bucky

The only semi interesting part of the shield reveal is that they only showed the back of it.

I tried not to watch too closely but they gave away an ultra minor spoiler but made it so obvious I assume they did not care.

It looks like Cap gets his round shield back.  I think this is likely important and symbolic since I still think Cap dies saving everyone and as part of his death scene he gives shield to Bucky

The only semi interesting part of the shield reveal is that they only showed the back of it.
No spoiler in the fact they have talked about time shifting etc in this, so what we do not know is the when of your spoiler thought from the trailer, but your guess is as good as anyone else's I suppose. Marvel loves trailer misdirections, so making predictions is tough.

We finished up seasons 1 and 2 of Runaways.  I thought it was decent.  I think I liked the first two volumes of the comics better but they did a pretty good job with the casting and updating of the story for modern times.

You were spared by Thanos.

Whew.

I'm actually nervous about Captain Marvel.  The trailers have not connected with me, but of course I'll be in on opening night.
Same.  Know next to nothing about Captain Marvel but that is usually when I end being pleasantly surprised.

Same.  Know next to nothing about Captain Marvel but that is usually when I end being pleasantly surprised.
I was a little nervous for Ant-Man, but I liked the actors going into that one so I had more confidence.  Ended up really liking AntMan (and the sequel was good as well).  Some people mentioned being nervous about Dr. Strange, but I saw the animated movie on his story and it was great, and I knew Benedict was a top tier actor.  I really think Emily Blunt would have fit this character well, but we'll see how Brie does.

So really diving into this universe more.  I knew all the movies would be connected - but I was assuming they would just have their own movies so that when they show up in an Avengers movie they weren't brand new out of nowhere.  No idea just how connected all the characters would be with all of these "infinity stones", and how that started all the way back with the first Captain America movie.  Watched a short video on all of the stone connections, and how they spell out the name of a villain - mind blown.  So of course going back now and watching or rewatching them all in the order in which you're apparently suppose to (just movies, I doubt I'll find the time for the shows).  Realized I completely missed IronMan 3, never saw Hulk, and missed either Thor 2 or 3.  Between Amazon prime, Netflix, the ones I own on disc, and other sources - really hoping for a nice long snowed in weekend.

So really diving into this universe more.  I knew all the movies would be connected - but I was assuming they would just have their own movies so that when they show up in an Avengers movie they weren't brand new out of nowhere.  No idea just how connected all the characters would be with all of these "infinity stones", and how that started all the way back with the first Captain America movie.  Watched a short video on all of the stone connections, and how they spell out the name of a villain - mind blown.  So of course going back now and watching or rewatching them all in the order in which you're apparently suppose to (just movies, I doubt I'll find the time for the shows).  Realized I completely missed IronMan 3, never saw Hulk, and missed either Thor 2 or 3.  Between Amazon prime, Netflix, the ones I own on disc, and other sources - really hoping for a nice long snowed in weekend.
Link to said video?

Link to said video?
Initially this one (which is on Amazon Prime, I think you'd need that), apparently made just before Black Panther.  It was the 6:46 mark of that video where I was like, holy #### - it's all connected and they've been giving us clues all the way back to that first Captain movie. 

I then went down a rabbit hole of videos on youtube. 

What I find amazing is just how good Marvel is at this movie game. They are great at casting their main heros, and always seem to strike a great balance between humor, action, and drama within their movies. DC is getting better but is still not where Marvel is. Fox has done decently with X men but there has been some inconsistency there. You look at the other studios that did Fantastic Four and Spiderman, and again, some good moments but for the most part don't live up to what Marvel has done. Marvel just gets telling comic book stories in movie form.

Initially this one (which is on Amazon Prime, I think you'd need that), apparently made just before Black Panther.  It was the 6:46 mark of that video where I was like, holy #### - it's all connected and they've been giving us clues all the way back to that first Captain movie. 

I then went down a rabbit hole of videos on youtube. 
That's a great vid. Thanks for the link.

One question. The soul stone is the H, but it was hidden on Vormir. I'm trying to figure out how it can be the H, but maybe it can be just because it was Hidden

That's a great vid. Thanks for the link.

One question. The soul stone is the H, but it was hidden on Vormir. I'm trying to figure out how it can be the H, but maybe it can be just because it was Hidden
Don't think that will be it.  I mean N is for "necklace", O is for "Orb".  H could be anything. 

So in other words, people are just coming up with words to reflect the Infinity Stones in order to spell out Thanos. Seems legit.
Seems like a crazy coincidence.  Ok 6 letters and 6 stones is one thing, but none of the 5 thus far seem like much of a stretch.  I mean, go back and watch the first Captain movie and you hear "Tesseract" at least 30 times in that movie - same with "Orb" in GotG2.  I haven't seen the movie with the "Aether", yet so can't comment on it.  Necklace and Scepter just fall too perfectly into place, for me, for that to be a coincidence. 

Marvel and Netflix officially ending there relationship.  Such heartbreak.  Loved all the shows minus Iron Fist.  Bernthal was the best Punisher of them all and I really hope Marvel plans on bringing him back when/if they decide to bring these heros back in the fold for the Disney streaming service.

Well...sounds like Jeph Loeb is at least leaving the door open for these characters to reemerge:

“Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters... but you know Marvel better than that,” Loeb wrote, throwing some shade at Netflix for its decisions. “As Matthew Murdock's Dad once said, ‘The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it's how he gets back up.'

“To be continued…!”

Marvel and Netflix officially ending there relationship.  Such heartbreak.  Loved all the shows minus Iron Fist.  Bernthal was the best Punisher of them all and I really hope Marvel plans on bringing him back when/if they decide to bring these heros back in the fold for the Disney streaming service.
But now where will people get their [checks notes]...26 hours of Iron Fist from? 

CentralPA said:
It will almost be a hard choice between Disney and Netflix. 

Seems like a crazy coincidence.  Ok 6 letters and 6 stones is one thing, but none of the 5 thus far seem like much of a stretch.  I mean, go back and watch the first Captain movie and you hear "Tesseract" at least 30 times in that movie - same with "Orb" in GotG2.  I haven't seen the movie with the "Aether", yet so can't comment on it.  Necklace and Scepter just fall too perfectly into place, for me, for that to be a coincidence. 
It's all bunk. Joss Whedon admitted that he had no idea where they were going with thanks when he did the post credit scene in Avengers.

Capella said:
No it’s not. Those are internet trolls at rotten tomatoes. Tried the same thing with the Last Jedi and Black Panther. 

Losers
That's ALWAYS the excuse given. How 'bout it could just bad?

(Granted, we don't know for certain yet.)

Users who are viewing this thread