What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (12 Viewers)

So I haven't seen the Legion TV series so I can't speak from that.  Legion is the son of Professor X, and he has split personality syndrome.  Each one of the split personalities have their own mutant powers (a lot overlap with Scarlet Witch). I think they are somewhat similar in that their mental state somewhat caps tapping their full power.

Generally, Wanda is considered one of, if not the, strongest mutants.  Legion is also very powerful.
It'll be interesting when they bring in FF4 and if they introduce Franklin. He's pretty much on par with Wanda and Legion power wise.

woo is awesome.  cool to see the other side of the bubble.  vision looks like he is still very dead.  can't wait until next friday
Definitely makes Friday morning must watch TV - as much as I want to say give me more and just drop the rest of the season now, I do appreciate the weekly episode as it gives me some time to digest what I watched and to watch all the Youtube easter egg videos to help keep up as I am not that familiar with all the comic storylines

woo is awesome.  cool to see the other side of the bubble.  vision looks like he is still very dead.  can't wait until next friday

Definitely makes Friday morning must watch TV - as much as I want to say give me more and just drop the rest of the season now, I do appreciate the weekly episode as it gives me some time to digest what I watched and to watch all the Youtube easter egg videos to help keep up as I am not that familiar with all the comic storylines
Loved this one. Darcy and woo are among my favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree. I know plenty of people love the Netflix model of dropping whole seasons at once and everyone binges the whole season, but I love the slow burn. Slowly unfolding the mystery of what is going on leaves me wanting more and feeling more invested.

Totally agree. I know plenty of people love the Netflix model of dropping whole seasons at once and everyone binges the whole season, but I love the slow burn. Slowly unfolding the mystery of what is going on leaves me wanting more and feeling more invested.
You know you can do that with the Netflix model too

You know you can do that with the Netflix model too
Sure, and I normally do. But I think it also affects how shows are collectively enjoyed. Shows that are dropped all at once that most people binge are in and out of the public consciences rather quickly. Shows that are dripped out tend to have a longer/stronger hold IMO.

I think there is a different cultural phenomena when people are left speculating and discussing a show week after week anticipating what is to come together.

So vision is dead AF right? Just being propped up in her dream world?
Just watched with my son, so awesome!

Thoughts:  A lot of what we speculated was right.  We got the Monica Rambeau payoff.  Also got some insight into the blip.  When she blipped she was next to her mom in the hospital, and she blipped back into the exact same spot.  You have to think if people were flying when they got blipped (or even on the interstate), there were a whole lot of deaths from people dropping out of the sky or standing in the street.  I wonder if someone built a big memorial or something and someone blipped back in, would they be half in a wall, half out?  Interesting to think about.

Wasn't exactly right about how Monica got in there, I thought she might have been in a real copter that got turned into the toy copter, but pretty much the same premise with the drone turning into the copter and her getting pulled in.  I wonder what happened to the sword beekeeper guy, he didn't fly back into reality like Monica did.  Also wondering how Monica survived flying through walls.

Thought it was cool that they could identify most of the townspeople we've met except for Agnes, implies that she is different.  She has to be Agatha Harkness with the way they constructed her name.  Jimmy Woo's magic trick was pretty cool as well, it was Antman who turned him onto the trick and we saw him trying to learn it in the last movie.

So is Vision dead? I still think the original Vision is dead and this vision is a created by Wanda magic version. I think she was so startled by the events with Monica she had not regained full control of her universe, which likely foreshadows her losing control on a larger scale.  Especially when she tells Vision "I have it all under control".  The neighbors seem to have some awareness that something is off (like Monica ended up having) but Vision is completely clueless on it.  When he gets too close, Wanda just edits time.  She knows what she has done by saying "We can't leave, this is our home" but she probably doesn't know the consequences of her actions.

Darcy saying she detected CMBR (can't remember the exact order) but the other guy saying "Yeah the stuff from the Big Bang" indicates that she has the power of creation.  I think this is further evidence that things she creates in her world will exist in the real world (saw it again with the jump rope at the end of the cable).

Also at the end, I loved the usage of Hendrix Voodoo Child.  I think that is a reference to her twins as they are literally Magic Children.

All in all another great episode!

Figure, at least Agnes and herb know what's going on, the others seem befuddled. Although the doc has some clue. 

Figure Ralph has to be the missing person. Unless it's herb, but that seems less likely. 

I don't know that Wanda pulling vision out of the facility would be dark but that depends on your pov. If it's that he's a corpse, sure. If it's that he's an Android, less so. 

The jump rope showing up outside the wire is huge. 

I want to see more blip fallout, but that's not this show and I'm not sure it will be really hashed out in any of the upcoming shows.

Figure, at least Agnes and herb know what's going on, the others seem befuddled. Although the doc has some clue. 

Figure Ralph has to be the missing person. Unless it's herb, but that seems less likely. 

I don't know that Wanda pulling vision out of the facility would be dark but that depends on your pov. If it's that he's a corpse, sure. If it's that he's an Android, less so. 

The jump rope showing up outside the wire is huge. 

I want to see more blip fallout, but that's not this show and I'm not sure it will be really hashed out in any of the upcoming shows.
Don't forget Monica's 70s style clothes also appeared outside of the bubble.

For me it depends on the show.  The Marvel and Star Wars shows for example I absolutely love the weekly episode drops - gives it time to breathe, speculate on theories with other people, watch reaction and Easter egg videos on YouTube etc.  I’d love if Netflix handled Stranger Things that way.

Something like Cobra Kai on the other hand, just give it to me all at once. 

IIRC, for WandaVision, the episode lengths vary quite a bit. Episode 4 is probably goint to end up being the shortest one.

If you want Wanda herself to give a brief overview of the Scarlet Witch history, here's Lizzie Olsen in a video from almost 5 years ago.  May end up with us seeing the introduction of Doctor Doom relatively soon, though probably not in WandaVision.  I'll be keeping an eye out for hidden references though.

Scarlet Witch History

If you want Wanda herself to give a brief overview of the Scarlet Witch history, here's Lizzie Olsen in a video from almost 5 years ago.  May end up with us seeing the introduction of Doctor Doom relatively soon, though probably not in WandaVision.  I'll be keeping an eye out for hidden references though.

Scarlet Witch History
I'm still somewhat irritated that the watch said 1000M. I swear I saw DOOM while watching.

My only disappointment with the show is we probably won’t see any more 1950s episodes. 
Kind of along this point, but why is the changing time frame significant?  If this is being formulated by Wanda, what is the endpoint?  If she is simply trying to exist in an alternate dimension with Vision and her sons, why is the time frame changing at all?  If this is being done TO Wanda, again, what is the end goal here?  So many questions and angles that could come into play here.

I'm all in.  This is great stuff.

Kind of along this point, but why is the changing time frame significant?  If this is being formulated by Wanda, what is the endpoint?  If she is simply trying to exist in an alternate dimension with Vision and her sons, why is the time frame changing at all?  If this is being done TO Wanda, again, what is the end goal here?  So many questions and angles that could come into play here.

Yea I keep wondering what the tv show stuff is about. I get her living in a protective bubble where she gets her own way but why the tv sitcoms?

Well, I believe she is trying to build the perfect family life with Vision and she only has sitcoms to draw upon.  I think she will likely use the changing decades of the sitcoms to age her children, otherwise we are stuck with a baby yoda situation where he would be a baby for essentially the whole show.  By fast forwarding, it allows the children to age.

Why would she do it?  Because she is mentally broken.  This isn't being done to Wanda (although she may be under partial influence).  When she realized what she did to Monica, she didn't snap out of it.  She repaired the destruction, "fixed" Vision, and kept on like she had "everything under control".  This is truly a depression spiral of a woman who has known only fleeting moments of happiness her whole life, and now she is unlocking her potential to reform her world (and the real world by extension) into the way she wants it.

Also, when it comes time to introduce the mutants, I think they will stick with a 3 word phrase like from the comics.  I'll go with "Unlock the mutants".  The word "the" could be replaced with "more" or "all".

Capella said:
Yea I keep wondering what the tv show stuff is about. I get her living in a protective bubble where she gets her own way but why the tv sitcoms?
her idea of "the perfect life"  she's just trying different ones.

eta:   what corp said.  it allows them to age the kids

Capella said:
Can't remember if it was here or on another board where I read this ... the working theory is that the various sitcoms Wanda watched (when young?) represented to her manifestations of "the perfect life". "The way things should be."

It's hard to see how Wanda fit in a lot of chill TV-watching time when she and Pietro were coming up. But, that's comics -- maybe she made up for lost pop-cultural enrichment as an adult. Maybe not too different of a process from what Steve Rogers went through to get used to the modern world.

EDIT: Further theory I read somewhere: WandaVision's "Westview" was modeled on her literal view of "the West" -- that is, the geopolitical West -- when she was growing up.

Corporation said:

Scarlet Witch History
It’s crazy to me that Mary Kate and Ashley’s sister is the one that achieved superstardom. Those girls were all over and now who even remembers them. 

Finally got around to watching this, glad I waited as the first episode was cute but weird, it turned my wife off of the show. 2nd episode hooked me, the Bewitched aspect was well done, sprinkled with just enough of the bigger mystery. Also loved that it was the spitting image of the Brady Bunch house in the 3rd and even Cindy Brady’s doll that vision changed the diaper on. I want to read the Easter egg articles but don’t want to be spoiled, skimming some posts in here too.

The Hydra references in the commercials heavily hint that they are involved somehow, maybe were trying to experiment or mind control Wanda which helped push her over the edge. The mind control soap from AoS was already mentioned but the toaster oven seemed very mind control related as well with the look on the woman’s face on the commercial and the deliberately red light in the center of the toaster while the rest was black and white. Reminded me of Daniel Whitehall’s methods from season 2 of AoS.

They haven’t revealed who Woo’s missing person was, my guess is it’s the guy in the commercials and he was former Hydra.

Edit: Also the casting is great, Kathryn Hawn is great in everything, Woo and Darcy, seeing Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer in episode 2/3 was awesome.

Capella said:
My only disappointment with the show is we probably won’t see any more 1950s episodes. 
Am I terrible for thinking during the 50s/60s episodes "Wow, these small town folks are REALLY comfortable with having a black neighbor!"

Capella said:
So vision is dead AF right? Just being propped up in her dream world?
You would think so, but it's been shown that the changes in her reality bubble stick when they leave. I guess it ultimately will be based on how strong she is in the MCU compared the comics. In the comics she can pretty much will things into existence.

You would think so, but it's been shown that the changes in her reality bubble stick when they leave. I guess it ultimately will be based on how strong she is in the MCU compared the comics. In the comics she can pretty much will things into existence.
Yeah I thought they were going to go with the "she created him out of thin air".  We saw Shuri working on Original Dead Vision so I thought he was in Wakanda. I've now seen an interview with Bettany where he talked about the body bag scene, so I guess she did grab the actual dead body.  I think there is still room for his original body to be elsewhere, may be even being the point of how they prove to the new Vision that he is a clone/new creation ("Here's your dead body Vision").

Users who are viewing this thread