What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (8 Viewers)

Show is so good. So who's the aerospace engineer she knows?
I would never have said this answer if it wasn't for the ending but after that absolute awesome ending, I am not betting against Reed Richards....
When Wanda first opened the door and they showed Quicksilver from the back with the salt-&-pepper hair ... I thought it was Reed Richards for a moment.

But, yeah ... it looks like Mr. Fantastic has been all but name-checked.

I still can't get over how many layers there are to the ending.

My daughter said it is going to be a kick in the teeth if that was nothing more than a cameo that they never even mention again :)

I am unsure if it was some how related to the ending but can any one explain the significance of the scene where Woo is questioned about Wanda's nickname?

I always assumed it was never used due to various rights but all those seem to be muddled now with the ending....
It's a bit of foreshadowing -- comics-fan viewers know that Wanda is the Scarlet Witch, but within the MCU she has never been called that. That apparent throwaway scene gets fans considering why Wanda doesn't go by that name in the MCU, and in turn to start thinking about the erstwhile Fox rights to the X-Men and the whole "mutants" milieu ... and why all that would be given a nod during WandaVision.

Quicksilver's appearance is then the payoff.

It's a bit of foreshadowing -- comics-fan viewers know that Wanda is the Scarlet Witch, but within the MCU she has never been called that. That apparent throwaway scene gets fans considering why Wanda doesn't go by that name in the MCU, and in turn to start thinking about the erstwhile Fox rights to the X-Men and the whole "mutants" milieu ... and why all that would be given a nod during WandaVision.

That's what makes the ending so layered for me.

Wanda is not a mutant in the MCU but now she* conjures up an image of her brother who is not her brother but is an actual mutant in the x-men world.....

Does Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness play into things here where we are getting a first look at a multiverse allowing Mutants to mingle with Avengers?

* I should acknowledge that I actually believed Wanda when she said she had nothing to do with the door bell ringing, which may give another hint that some one or something besides Wanda may be controlling things in the town..

I think somebody else is spinning the wheel there. Hence Wanda saying that she didn’t know how it all got started either. I think she is happy to be there and go along with it but she didn’t start it up. Whomever is running it, sent her brother there at the end when her and vision were fighting in order to settle things down. 

I am a big marvel comic book nerd. I have read every xmen comic from mid 80's to around 2010, secret invasion may have been the last Arc that I read.  I also read many other comics during that time, but usually i only read avengers, spiderman, etc as it related to the major events. Either way, that is hundreds or possibly even thousands of comics.

This may be the best TV show I have watched. My expectations are so high and yet they have been met the last couple weeks. Come on February 12.

Yep, from a Super Hero movie perspective, that scene potentially has astronomical implications going forward.

*** SPOILER! ***

OMG!  What a brilliant way to bring X-Men Quicksilver into the MCU where they've already killed off Quicksilver!  I preferred that version anyway.  Another great episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what makes the ending so layered for me.

Wanda is not a mutant in the MCU but now she* conjures up an image of her brother who is not her brother but is an actual mutant in the x-men world.....

Does Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness play into things here where we are getting a first look at a multiverse allowing Mutants to mingle with Avengers?

* I should acknowledge that I actually believed Wanda when she said she had nothing to do with the door bell ringing, which may give another hint that some one or something besides Wanda may be controlling things in the town..
The Dr Strange movie will also tie into the next Spiderman movie with the rumors of bringing back Tobey and Garfield as Multiverse Peter Parkers (maybe they even bring in a live action Miles Morales?)

Interestingly, Norm never actually said specifically who he wanted Vision to save him from. All signs point to Wanda, but as of now, SHIELD and we are all making assumptions. Fun!

Show is so good. So who's the aerospace engineer she knows?

I would never have said this answer if it wasn't for the ending but after that absolute awesome ending, I am not betting against Reed Richards....
A strong possibility. 

It won't be, but I'd love it if the answer was Rocket. Mutual friend and all. I'm not sure he's an aerospace engineer but I'm sure he could figure this out if anyone we've seen already can.

Erik and Jane are astrophysicists, so not them but they could be useful.

She is the proverbial “other shoe to drop”.  She has to be an antagonist of some sort.

I think somebody else is spinning the wheel there. Hence Wanda saying that she didn’t know how it all got started either. I think she is happy to be there and go along with it but she didn’t start it up. Whomever is running it, sent her brother there at the end when her and vision were fighting in order to settle things down. 
It sure seems like Agnes is key. Although Ralph is probably the catalyst. 

I fully think Wanda is controlling many things. But she wasn't the cause and she won't be able to break out of this herself.

I hope it's something else. Otherwise we're stuck with a red haired lady who has a temper and goes crazy when things go badly for her. Which, comics aside, is a bit too stereotypical for my taste. Dude gets fat, gal goes ape#### crazy.

I fully think Wanda is controlling many things. But she wasn't the cause and she won't be able to break out of this herself.

I hope it's something else. Otherwise we're stuck with a red haired lady who has a temper and goes crazy when things go badly for her. Which, comics aside, is a bit too stereotypical for my taste. Dude gets fat, gal goes ape#### crazy.
Yea I don’t think Feige would go that route with the stereotype. Dude is a little too sharp for that. I agree. 

Yep. Bringing in the Evan Peters Quicksilver, it's now established that the Fox X-Men films and the MCU films exist in the same narrative universe.
With the ties to Dr Strange and the multi-verse this seems more like a cross universe than the same universe since her Pietro is already dead.

Yep. Bringing in the Evan Peters Quicksilver, it's now established that the Fox X-Men films and the MCU films exist in the same narrative universe.
With the ties to Dr Strange and the multi-verse this seems more like a cross universe than the same universe since her Pietro is already dead.
Right on -- I had to add in the word "narrative" to modify "universe" to make it clear, since the MCU's 'narrative universe' itself contains multiple 'universes'.

Does anybody know if wandavision is going to have more than 1 season, or will it be somewhat wrapped up (albeit with continuing fallout) like an extended marvel movie?

I'm not that fat.

Haven't seen her but one episode, but like one of those easter egg spoiler speculation videos somebody shared, I'd really love to see Dottie turn out to be Mephisto. It could play out that he's manipulating Wanda to get her life back with Vision etc.

There are so many cool stories they can do with the Multiverse concept. It is a fantastic way to roll these worlds together. 

I am super excited by the news on the Spider-Man movie. If they draw off the Spiderverse comic storyline that is going to be amazing. 

So the missing deleted scene proved to be correct, I thought she created Vision out of thin air, but nope, she stole the body.  Wow! I wouldn't be surprised if she found out that SWORD was experimenting on his body.  From the deleted scene with Hawkeye, she seemed overwhelmed with grief.  In the security cam footage, she was angry. 

So we learned that Monica's 70s outfit was crafted from the clothes she wore in (Kevlar).  I thought Vision and the twins were created from nothing, but they appear to have amended Wanda's powers to be reality shaping instead of reality creating. We know how she re-animated Vision, but what about the twins? From the comics, Billy and Tommy have powers similar to Wanda and Pietro and were made from slivers of soul from Mephisto.  With Wanda controlling but not creating this bubble, I think Mephisto is behind it, and she shaped the twins from something from Mephisto (without her really even realizing it).

Interesting to note that Wanda's powers don't work on the twins.  I don't think she is the one who aged them, I think it was Billy (who shares powers with Wanda).  It may look like they are aging themselves, but I think it is just Billy.  We should see Tommy start exhibiting some of the speed of Quiksilver.

The commercial as someone mentioned was pretty much in your face. Wanda was in Lagos when the Avenger incident with the bomb happened killing civilians, then the catchline "To clean up messes you didn't mean to make" could apply to the past incident and the current one, where Wanda essentially is keeping people captive.

You had to know the Director of SWORD would be a bad guy (or a really misguided "good" guy).  Funny to think he could take out an avenger with a drone after seeing her powers.  I think he was pressing Woo for a nickname of Wanda to put an evil (less human) face on it.  Easier to kill the Scarlet Witch rather than Wanda, Avenger who helped saved the world.

I think Captain Marvel 2 will provide backstory on Monica's problem with Captain Marvel.  Could be the radiation gave her mom cancer, could be she thought she should have been there to potentially heal her mom, or maybe she just wanted a friend to help her grieve, but there is unknown bad blood there.

Loved that Darcy called it "the hex" which those are what her powers are called in the comics.  Loved the Sokovian accent coming back along with her MCU costume as she walked out of the bubble.  She is not the villain, I think ultimately it will be Mephisto.  I don't think Agnes is in league with Mephisto, I think she is there to help Wanda.  Agnes (Agatha Harkness) has been good and bad in the comics.

The reveal of Quiksilver at the end reminded me of the jolt I got when I saw someone (in case of spoilers) at the end of Mando season 2.  This version of Quiksilver is far, far superior to the MCU's version.  Loved that he said "Who's the popsicle" which could refer to Vision's color, or the fact that he is a dead cold body.

I think Wanda could have brought the dog back.  She said it was against the rules, but didn't say it couldn't be done.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was Billy who brought Pietro back.  When they asked Wanda about her brother, she didn't tell them he was dead, but that he was far away.  Far away could have been an alternate universe.  It was also interesting that Vision didn't want to be repaired or brought back.  He wanted that piece of humanity of when it's over, it's over.  I'm not sure now that he will be able to exist outside the bubble, I thought they would want to use him in future movies.

Also, we had previously seen Monica's fighter pilot name of Photon.  The scans they took of her (blank) and the tech saying the machine messed up because it was like her body wasn't there is probably a hat tip to what will become of Monica. Photon's body is now made of just light that she can transform.  This might also explain how she survived crashing through walls and fences, although Monica thought it was Wanda protecting her.

ETA again, forgot about the dog Sparky.  Vision had an android dog named Sparky.  Also a male version of Photon was called Sparky for a short period of time.

Such a good show! 

This multiverse stuff has my head spinning.

I think I may have broken down and cried if instead of Evan Peters at the end (which was all sorts of awesome on its own), that Ian McKellen was there and Wanda says "dad...?"

:heart:

I was just thinking that Joss Whedon almost had a mental and physical break down trying to manage the Avengers movies, which looking back, now seem almost simplistic compared to juggling a multi verse.

I hope these next phases of MCU can find the anchors that the Russo's ended up being previously. 

Watched it with my 12yo son who was excited to see Peters at the end.  He looked at me and said "They missed their chance!" 

When I asked for what, he said,

"Pietro should've said 'I bet you didn't see that coming.' That would've been great!"

I can't disagree.

Not true.  See Buckna's post above.

Plus, I have an excellent capacity for suspension of disbelief, but only in context of a consistent framework.  Otherwise, I become distracted.  I'm perfectly comfortable with unrevealed information, also, and giving the writers the benefit of the doubt until the information is divulged and we are in a position to judge it's consistency (or lack thereof) with the established rules of the construct.

I just have a hard time with Scarlet Witch's seemingly "as needed" unknown powers.  Need someone to control minds?  Scarlet Witch!  Need someone to blow something up?  Warp reality?  Set a table?...
So you wrote this:

I get mind control.  But how do those things translate to being able to warp reality?
How exactly is it a stretch that someone with mind control can make someone see what she wants them to see? To me that is the shortest suspension of disbelief of any super hero ever. 

So what is up with the test on Rambeau that came up blank? I'm not seeing much on that on the easter egg videos. Admittedly I've only watched one. 

Regarding Evan Peters' Quicksilver.  I watched his scenes from Days of Future Past this weekend - great character, but was only in the movie for about 20 minutes or so and had just the one very memorable "Time in a Bottle" scene.  I see he was also in Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.  I've heard those are both terrible movies. Does anyone think they are worth watching to get the full picture of this character?

Regarding Evan Peters' Quicksilver.  I watched his scenes from Days of Future Past this weekend - great character, but was only in the movie for about 20 minutes or so and had just the one very memorable "Time in a Bottle" scene.  I see he was also in Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.  I've heard those are both terrible movies. Does anyone think they are worth watching to get the full picture of this character?
My wife and I watched half of dark phoenix last night and are watching the rest tonight.

He has only had one speaking line so far.

We are watching for the same reason you were going to watch obviously.

They do not develop his character too much more than you see in DOFP.  Unless you are a huge Xmen fan I would skip those two movies.

A few Comic Book Guys on another board are saying a resounding "no" to this, for what that's worth.

That was her mom's callsign in the MCU apparently, so not sure if that will be her name -- she may not get a cool name maybe?
Monica originally went by Captain Marvel, until Carol Danvers returned.  Then she went by Photon, and finally ended on Spectrum.  As noted, her mom's call sign was Photon, so odds are she will just go with Spectrum once her powers are revealed.  

Info on Monica/Spectrum's powers: Due to bombardment by extra-dimensional energies, Monica can transform herself into any form of energy within the electromagnetic spectrum. Among the many energy forms, she has assumed and is able to control are gamma rays, X-rays, ultraviolet radiation, visible light, electricity, infrared radiation, microwaves, and radio waves.

Users who are viewing this thread