What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (5 Viewers)

Again, without saying spoilers - I'm really looking forward to seeing Darcy next week.
I liked how the when the Hex overtook her, she was saying the F word and it came out as "Fudge" :)

This one felt more straight forward than the others and it confirmed some of the things we were thinking, particularly with the twins getting their powers.  I think this was the first time Agnes was in the opening credits, and she had "naughty" on her butt, not sure if that portends Agnes being evil. In every other episode, there seemed to be a wink that she knew what was going on. I guess she got to far away from Wanda and was almost zombified until Vision got there. Her telling him that he was dead was the final piece of the puzzle for him and tried to warn the outside world.  Will be interesting to see now that she made the hex bigger if she'll just kind of reboot him, or if he will keep those memories.  I'm also curious how Vision is able to free people briefly like he did in the last 2 episodes.

It was fun to see all the classic comic costumes, really cool way to do it. I think the way Hayward was acting confirms they were experimenting on Vision's body, and her grief plus anger of what they were doing to him kind of set everything up. It seems like Pietro is not the XMen universe one, but probably a citizen of Westside who had Pietro's memories laid on top of him. It was interesting when they would talk about childhood and he said she was repressing her trauma (which she is still doing). The theme song also played along those lines with the lyrics "Don't stop the illusion, keep it going". Wanda still did not indicate that she started it but is certainly controlling most of it now. I thought the tear of the woman who was zombified was a nice touch.  She was still "in there" but had no power to do anything.

Pietro called the twins demon spawn one time, and I think that is either a clue or just a hat tip to the people who know the twins origins from Mephisto.  This was the first commercial without that lady, and the claymation kid couldn't tap into or control his powers and eventually died, hope that's not going to happen to Billy.

Another very good episode and looking forward to next week!

I liked how the when the Hex overtook her, she was saying the F word and it came out as "Fudge" :)

This one felt more straight forward than the others and it confirmed some of the things we were thinking, particularly with the twins getting their powers.  I think this was the first time Agnes was in the opening credits, and she had "naughty" on her butt, not sure if that portends Agnes being evil. In every other episode, there seemed to be a wink that she knew what was going on. I guess she got to far away from Wanda and was almost zombified until Vision got there. Her telling him that he was dead was the final piece of the puzzle for him and tried to warn the outside world.  Will be interesting to see now that she made the hex bigger if she'll just kind of reboot him, or if he will keep those memories.  I'm also curious how Vision is able to free people briefly like he did in the last 2 episodes.

It was fun to see all the classic comic costumes, really cool way to do it. I think the way Hayward was acting confirms they were experimenting on Vision's body, and her grief plus anger of what they were doing to him kind of set everything up. It seems like Pietro is not the XMen universe one, but probably a citizen of Westside who had Pietro's memories laid on top of him. It was interesting when they would talk about childhood and he said she was repressing her trauma (which she is still doing). The theme song also played along those lines with the lyrics "Don't stop the illusion, keep it going". Wanda still did not indicate that she started it but is certainly controlling most of it now. I thought the tear of the woman who was zombified was a nice touch.  She was still "in there" but had no power to do anything.

Pietro called the twins demon spawn one time, and I think that is either a clue or just a hat tip to the people who know the twins origins from Mephisto.  This was the first commercial without that lady, and the claymation kid couldn't tap into or control his powers and eventually died, hope that's not going to happen to Billy.

Pietro isn't another person. She caught a glimpse of him dead with bullet holes in him she resurrected him.

Also it seems pretty clear that once the dead leave the Hex they die again.

Finally anyone else catch the Kick-### Easter Egg? Maybe I read too much into that. FYI both Quicksilvers were in Kickass

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Wanda rebooted Vision.  In Infinity War, when they were talking about the Mind Stone and Vision, Banner said that if the mind stone was removed, 'there's still a whole lot of Vision left.'  Could the stone simply have been Vision's power source?  I know Vision's body was synthetic, so could it really 'die'?  Wanda is simply acting as Vision's power source.  He obviously has his own thoughts and his powers.  I really do see a real possibility of Vision existing outside the Hex.  Wanda just needs to find a permanent power replacement...  :shrug:

Pietro isn't another person. She caught a glimpse of him dead with bullet holes in him she resurrected him.

Finally anyone else catch the Kick-### Easter Egg? Maybe I read too much into that. FYI both Quicksilvers were in Kickass
I am not sure about that, the personality of Quick Silver matches the handful of speaking lines that he had in the xmen universe.

I think this could go 50/50 either way.

I see all these posts in the morning but I can't read them!  Son will be home from college this afternoon and will watch then.  Hope it was as good as the previous.
I do not even open the thread until end of Friday night now.

I know I am not a big poster here, but i like reading the other peoples theories.

Sorry if 3 posts in a row are inappropriate, but they address different things.

Like I have stated previously, I am a huge marvel comic book nerd, having read almost all marvel comics over a 20 year span (85-05) and even a handful outside of that.

I understand completely why I like this show.

What is funny is that the last few friday's after Wandavision ends, my wife is also reading theories on the internet. She is not a marvel nerd. That is how good the show is.

So, Wanda rebooted Vision.  In Infinity War, when they were talking about the Mind Stone and Vision, Banner said that if the mind stone was removed, 'there's still a whole lot of Vision left.'  Could the stone simply have been Vision's power source?  I know Vision's body was synthetic, so could it really 'die'?  Wanda is simply acting as Vision's power source.  He obviously has his own thoughts and his powers.  I really do see a real possibility of Vision existing outside the Hex.  Wanda just needs to find a permanent power replacement...  :shrug:
I think this is possible also.  What we saw tonight I think were the pieces that made Vision whole again.  I believe SWORD was doing experiments on him, and may have been close to bringing him back, only this time like they did in the comics one time when he was a greyish Vision with no human attributes.  They were bringing him back as a weapon, which was expressly against his wishes.  Just a supposition.

4 hours ago, Corporation said:

Expand  

You may be right, but I don't think we can definitely know right now.  I initially thought Evan Peters Quiksilver was brought over by Billy, but tonight he said it was Wanda's voice. If it was the XMen Quiksilver, he wouldn't have memories of getting shot in the street like a chump.  Those are Wanda's memories implanted either on the XMen QS or another citizen of Westview. Just like I originally thought she conjured a new Vision and found out it was wrong, she brought the body in. It seems like she has to have a base material to shape rather than creating out of nothing.  Still not sure if they are going to go with the comics line for the birth of the twins and bring Mephisto in.

Totally obsessed with this show. Like this theory I read on av club’s comments:

”One of my theories is: Agatha Harkness made a deal with Wanda to give her a perfect life in exchange for a) forgetting said deal, and b) ???. Wanda accepted, but yes, ended up being more powerful/chaotic than she expected. Now Agnes is stuck and is aware of it. And she’s doing something to try to break free.”

Driving my son and his buddies to practice this morning - they are certain Cumberbatch is coming. 

Does anyone know the total number of episodes for season 1? 

So this version of Quicksilver was also shot in the same way?  So it is just “recasting” rather than multiverse?
It’s the same quicksilver who died in the avengers movie. I think the casting was just a wink at the fans. For all we know the body was just some rando from westview. 

So this version of Quicksilver was also shot in the same way?  So it is just “recasting” rather than multiverse?
It’s the same quicksilver who died in the avengers movie. I think the casting was just a wink at the fans. For all we know the body was just some rando from westview. 
This is what I think.  She has not shown the ability to create from nothing, it has always been reshaping something existing (except for the Twins, which I think they will explain).

I don’t think it will end up being multiverse Quicksilver after this week.  Which is kind of a bummer.

It could be just another Westview rando implanted with Pietro’s memories (or rather Wanda’s projected memories of Pietro from Pietro’s point of view).  I also haven’t quite ruled out that it’s someone else controlling “Pietro”.  Some of his questions to her last night seemed odd if she was the one who conjured him up.

I don’t think it will end up being multiverse Quicksilver after this week.  Which is kind of a bummer.

It could be just another Westview rando implanted with Pietro’s memories (or rather Wanda’s projected memories of Pietro from Pietro’s point of view).  I also haven’t quite ruled out that it’s someone else controlling “Pietro”.  Some of his questions to her last night seemed odd if she was the one who conjured him up.
I still think it is the multiverse quicksilver. He said her powers were to cause nightmares and maybe that is his sister's powers.

I still think it is the multiverse quicksilver. He said her powers were to cause nightmares and maybe that is his sister's powers.
I hope you’re right because that would be more fun overall.  But if it was really multiverse quicksilver, why would he know all about MCU quicksilver’s backstory about getting shot in Sokovia?

Correct, one and done (really well done).
My biggest concern with them doing this is if they setup a bunch of stuff but leave it all on cliffhangers to be resolved in future movies. I’ve enjoyed what they’ve done but it sort of feels like it’s just edging into the good stuff without a lot of time left in the series. I would be a bit disappointed if this just ends up being a 9 episode teaser for what’s next.

My biggest concern with them doing this is if they setup a bunch of stuff but leave it all on cliffhangers to be resolved in future movies. I’ve enjoyed what they’ve done but it sort of feels like it’s just edging into the good stuff without a lot of time left in the series. I would be a bit disappointed if this just ends up being a 9 episode teaser for what’s next.
Don't worry, they hired Benioff & Weiss to write the last couple episodes and wrap things up.

Well we get Falcon and Winter Soldier shortly thereafter. Not sure if they will dovetail. 

If they aren’t planning on bringing in the Multiverse concept with Pietro I think it was a poor decision to use that actor. 

Drumming up interest and speculation with no payoff = 👎

It seems nearly a 100% certainty this show will end with a massive reveal/cliffhanger. 

Regarding Evan Peters' Quicksilver.  I watched his scenes from Days of Future Past this weekend - great character, but was only in the movie for about 20 minutes or so and had just the one very memorable "Time in a Bottle" scene.  I see he was also in Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.  I've heard those are both terrible movies. Does anyone think they are worth watching to get the full picture of this character?
The Quicksilver scene was the only scene really watching Apocalypse for.  I don't remember him in Dark Phoenix at all.

If you want to see the scene from Apocalypse by itself, I'll link it HERE.

Well we get Falcon and Winter Soldier shortly thereafter. Not sure if they will dovetail. 
It seems unlikely that F&WS will have much in common with WV, other than showing us a bit more of the world after endgame. Maybe there will be other aspects in common but it's not like SWORD will call in falcon to face Wanda.

It seems nearly a 100% certainty this show will end with a massive reveal/cliffhanger. 
I'm thinking the next Thanos level baddie will be revealed....or Magneto.
i like magneto and think he is neato so i call him neato magneto and it would be cool to see him come in but he doesnt really do mind control altered reality stuff like it seems is going on with the whole alternative universe thing and wanda right now but hey man if neato magneto is in then swc is in take that to the bank bromigos 

I'm holding out hope that the aerospace engineer will be Victor Von Doom.
Hmmm ... he could be the WandaVision big bad, as well. He was close to becoming the Sorcerer Supreme himself in the comics, so reality-warping could be in Doctor Doom's MCU wheelhouse.

One small hiccup, though -- nothing in Monica's (admittedly very limited) MCU background hints at her knowing Victor Von Doom. Probably something the writers could work around, though.
Bumping this exchange back up in response to CentralPA's mention of the questions surrounding the "next Big Bad".

Doom as Wanda's Westview "puppeteer" and Reed Richards as "the aerospace engineer" would be IMHO very cool ... but would they be too "chalk" for fans? I'd be down, for one.

EDIT: Keep in mind that an MCU Fantastic Four film has already been greenlit for a 2023 release. At present, Jon Watts (Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far from Home) has been hired to direct.

Bumping this exchange back up in response to CentralPA's mention of the questions surrounding the "next Big Bad".

Doom as Wanda's Westview "puppeteer" and Reed Richards as "the aerospace engineer" would be IMHO very cool ... but would they be too "chalk" for fans? I'd be down, for one.

EDIT: Keep in mind that an MCU Fantastic Four film has already been greenlit for a 2023 release. At present, Jon Watts (Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far from Home) has been hired to direct.
I think that the "aerospace engineer" is definitely not some throwaway character.  Reed Richards seems to fit the bill -- what would any other possibility even be?

I think that the "aerospace engineer" is definitely not some throwaway character.  Reed Richards seems to fit the bill -- what would any other possibility even be?
I see it like you do right now (Reed as the 'aerospace engineer') though there are, of course, fan theories aplenty as posted in this thread last week. FWIW, the "Talos' daughter" theory seemed to go 'poof' when Monica referred to "my guy" on the last episode of WandaVision.

There is still a semi-credible alternative to Reed Richards being thrown around -- a pretty new Marvel character (debuted in 2008) that is kind of overpowered in the comics. They'd have to alter his science background a bit, but he does have comics history with Monica Rambeau.

There was also the mention about half the astronaughts missing when Monica came back.  That could also open the door for the FF, allowing the engineer to be someone else.

I see it like you do right now (Reed as the 'aerospace engineer') though there are, of course, fan theories aplenty as posted in this thread last week. FWIW, the "Talos' daughter" theory seemed to go 'poof' when Monica referred to "my guy" on the last episode of WandaVision.

There is still a semi-credible alternative to Reed Richards being thrown around -- a pretty new Marvel character (debuted in 2008) that is kind of overpowered in the comics. They'd have to alter his science background a bit, but he does have comics history with Monica Rambeau.
Seen some good fan theories about the bolded to, and perhaps a way to bring Coulson back in along with Hawkeye (and his personal attachment to Wanda)

anyone else up in here pretty sure that neato magneto loves him some cheetos and doritos cause i am pretty damn sure thats on the money take that to the bank brohans 

SWC said:
anyone else up in here pretty sure that neato magneto loves him some cheetos and doritos cause i am pretty damn sure thats on the money take that to the bank brohans 
bromigos?

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Leeroy Jenkins said:
Rocket. 

(it's not him but fits the criteria)

AcerFC said:
Beast is pretty smart. 
Yeah but wrong science (I see that was already mentioned)

Users who are viewing this thread