What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (6 Viewers)

Mark Ruffalo from an italian interview that was translated on Hulk not being in Cap 3. The last sentence almost sounds like he won't be a part of Avengers Infinity War Part 1.

“The reason is too great to be revealed in this movie (Civil War),” Ruffalo tells BadTaste.it. “I was in the script but then they removed my character. They don’t want to reveal where is he and why. I don’t even know if Hulk will be back soon.”
Sounds like World War Hulk to me.
I'd still like to see a Planet Hulk first - that would be pretty cool and a new way to re-boot the franchise after the crappy start it received from Bana and Norton.
I would too, maybe they can pull it off after Guardians and Dr. Strange.

Harry Manback said:
Peak said:
Mark Ruffalo from an italian interview that was translated on Hulk not being in Cap 3. The last sentence almost sounds like he won't be a part of Avengers Infinity War Part 1.

“The reason is too great to be revealed in this movie (Civil War),” Ruffalo tells BadTaste.it. “I was in the script but then they removed my character. They don’t want to reveal where is he and why. I don’t even know if Hulk will be back soon.”
I'd still like to see a Planet Hulk first - that would be pretty cool and a new way to re-boot the franchise after the crappy start it received from Bana and Norton.
I definitely sounds like it might be headed in the PH or WWH direction but after

Iron Man somehow managed to knock Hulk out in A2
it sort of takes the shine off of Hulk thrashing pretty much everyone short of Thor.

I really didn't like that part of A2. Actually I think A2 fell short on a lot of levels, starting around the end of act 2.

I definitely sounds like it might be headed in the PH or WWH direction but after

it sort of takes the shine off of Hulk thrashing pretty much everyone short of Thor.

I really didn't like that part of A2. Actually I think A2 fell short on a lot of levels, starting around the end of act 2.
Not for me. I understand the less angry Hulk is, the less powerful he will often be. Deep down, he didnt want to smash Stark.

Rumors going around (Den of Geek, which isn't very reliable) that Marvel has attained the rights to Fantastic Four again.

#### the Fantastic Four, but this would be huge because it would probably mean they get Doom and Galactis back. And Silver Surfer.

Hulk is going to be in Thor: Ragnarok. I don't know why or how, but Ruffalo has said he's slated for that film for a fairly substantial role. Best guess is he ends up in space (PK?) and runs into Thor for part of the film. Wish I had a link to the news - sorry. I hear this google gadget works well but I'm too lazy to check.

Hulk is going to be in Thor: Ragnarok. I don't know why or how, but Ruffalo has said he's slated for that film for a fairly substantial role. Best guess is he ends up in space (PK?) and runs into Thor for part of the film. Wish I had a link to the news - sorry. I hear this google gadget works well but I'm too lazy to check.
Setting up... World War Hulk. :excited:

Rumors going around (Den of Geek, which isn't very reliable) that Marvel has attained the rights to Fantastic Four again.

#### the Fantastic Four, but this would be huge because it would probably mean they get Doom and Galactis back. And Silver Surfer.
Both Marvel and Fox have denied this. Fox swears they have a sequel in the works.

Both Marvel and Fox have denied this. Fox swears they have a sequel in the works.
True, but they denied the Spiderman deal until the last second as well, which gives me hope.

True, but they denied the Spiderman deal until the last second as well, which gives me hope.
I was never a huge FF4 fan. But I would like to see Marvel get a shot at it.

Well, Thor wasn't involved in WWH but he went toe to toe with Sentry.

It was a completely different incarnation of the Hulk that came back from Skaar. Worldbreaker Hulk would dominate Thor.

Help me out on the Hulk stuff. Does he never change back to Banner after a certain point? Banner just becomes Hulk permanently? All the different versions of Hulk frighten and confuse me.

I was never a huge FF4 fan. But I would like to see Marvel get a shot at it.
I'm not big on Fantastic Four either, but the villains that come along with that deal are HUGE. Marvel with Doom would be amazing.

I wish I could say that Marvel reacquiring rights to the FF and Dr. Doom would pave the way for a Secret Wars film(s), but I think it's too late for that. All the Avengers actors will have either aged out or fulfilled their contracts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could say that Marvel reacquiring rights to the FF and Dr. Doom would pave the way for a Secret Wars film(s), but I think it's too late for that. All the Avengers actors will have either aged out or fulfilled their contracts.
It's too late anyway based on where they are at with the MCU story. They could do that latest Secret Wars but it would lose context without the first 2 IMO.

I just read an interesting tidbit I never caught before -

In Guardians of the Galaxy, Star-Lord says that he escaped the planet Morag after an encounter with the people of Sakaar. Sakaar is the planet that Hulk takes over in Planet Hulk.

:popcorn:

Something I hadn't given thought to before.

Thanos is putting a lot of effort into trying to get the Infinity Stones, right? Backs Ronan to try to get The Orb. He backs Loki to try to get the Tesseract, but in doing so he gives Loki the scepter that has the Mind Stone in it.

Seems like an extremely ballsy and risky move giving away one of the Stones. I'm assuming he intended to get the scepter back after Loki won. But even if Loki wins, Loki could have ended up with 2 of the Infinity Stones. Maybe enough power for him to just keep them for himself?

So I wonder if Thanos even realized it was the Mind Stone that was powering the scepter?

Something I hadn't given thought to before.

Thanos is putting a lot of effort into trying to get the Infinity Stones, right? Backs Ronan to try to get The Orb. He backs Loki to try to get the Tesseract, but in doing so he gives Loki the scepter that has the Mind Stone in it.

Seems like an extremely ballsy and risky move giving away one of the Stones. I'm assuming he intended to get the scepter back after Loki won. But even if Loki wins, Loki could have ended up with 2 of the Infinity Stones. Maybe enough power for him to just keep them for himself?

So I wonder if Thanos even realized it was the Mind Stone that was powering the scepter?
More likely Loki, like Ronan, had no idea about the Infinity Stones - what they were or how much power they possess. Thanos seems to find flunkies who'll work for him in return for favors. Loki gets Thanos the Tesseract and in return gets to rule in the nine realms. Ronan gets the orb and in return Thanos destroys a planet for him. Once Ronan realized what it was he was getting for Thanos, he betrayed Thanos.

My guess at the reason for Thanos operating this way is that having flunkies gather items they don't understand the significance of calls less attention to Thanos than if he decides to go after the stones himself, which is what he now has to resort to.

I just read an interesting tidbit I never caught before -

In Guardians of the Galaxy, Star-Lord says that he escaped the planet Morag after an encounter with the people of Sakaar. Sakaar is the planet that Hulk takes over in Planet Hulk.

:popcorn:
I believe Morag was the planet at the very beginning of the movie where Star Lord finds the Orb from and then has to escape Korath and his two minions.....

Thanos told Korarth to take a platoon of Sakarans to get the orb.

Ant-Man post creds scene with Cap, Falcon, and the Winter Soldier.

It's brief, but functions as a teaser for Civil War.

Cap's Team shaping up as possibly -

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
Going up against Iron Man, War Machine & Vision hardly seems like a fair fight. Cap needs a legit heavy hitter on his side.
That would be Ant Man, once he figures out the Pym particle goes the other way, too.

Mad Cow said:
Chaka said:

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
Going up against Iron Man, War Machine & Vision hardly seems like a fair fight. Cap needs a legit heavy hitter on his side.
That would be Ant Man, once he figures out the Pym particle goes the other way, too.
Giant Man doesn't really qualify as a heavy hitter in the comic Marvel Universe. They would have to mix it up a lot for it to happen in the movies. And unless they amp him up a ton it still doesn't balance the scales against two Iron Men and Vision.

Is Thor known to be out of the Civil War film?

I know both him and Hulk weren't part of the comic version, but one of them on Cap's side would balance things. It seems like the movies are sticking to that version though, with Hulk appearing in Ragnorak.

But also, Cap's underground Avengers were fairly underpowered in the comics. They were the "street level guys" as Cap puts it. People like Luke Cage and (eventually) Spider-Man.

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
Giant Man doesn't really qualify as a heavy hitter in the comic Marvel Universe. They would have to mix it up a lot for it to happen in the movies. And unless they amp him up a ton it still doesn't balance the scales against two Iron Men and Vision.
1. Cap'n has Scarlet Witch. (Not shown in the poster.)

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
Black Panther with his vibranium would probably suffice...

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
I think Panther is on Iron Man's side.

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
And he's not remotely a heavy hitter.

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
Now, she qualifies.

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
Now, she qualifies.
HATED the comics story line and pretty much have the same about this.

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
And he's not remotely a heavy hitter.
Ok.

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
Now, she qualifies.
The story line was great... the resolution of the story was terrible... but that's the case for almost all of their "big events"

The problem with the Civil War in the comics is that it's pretty much impossible to tell the story without it having lasting effects forever... and at some point those guys have to get back together and get on the same team again.

If told as a one-off story in an "alternate dimension" or something, it's a good story.

Cap

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Ant Man

Perhaps.
Pretty much.
Now, she qualifies.
The story line was great... the resolution of the story was terrible... but that's the case for almost all of their "big events"

The problem with the Civil War in the comics is that it's pretty much impossible to tell the story without it having lasting effects forever... and at some point those guys have to get back together and get on the same team again.

If told as a one-off story in an "alternate dimension" or something, it's a good story.
Exactly.

When you have to make certain characters disappear for the story to work and pit the founding members of the Avengers against each other I lose interest really quick.

New Captain America trailer out looks pretty good.
I thought it was awesome. So it looks like the teams are:

Team Cap

Cap

Bucky

Falcon

Hawkeye

Scarlet Witch

Ant Man

Team Tony

Iron Man

War Machine

Black Widow

The Vision

Black Panther (fighting Bucky in the trailer although there seems to be some mystery surrounding whose side he's really on)

Spider-Man in the mix as well. Possibly on Team Tony to even the odds?

This should be awesome. I'm also really looking forward to seeing how this film sets up Infinity War.

Users who are viewing this thread