What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (12 Viewers)

Yeah, that looked much better.

Not sure what is going on in the video at all.  Hope he doesn't look that way in the movie.
It was a quick clip and his costume is pretty bright. I think it may be something that takes a minute to adjust to. Considering what they do with your namesake I'm not too worried. 

Hate to be all Donald Trump secretive and all, but the Marvel "universe" is about to really, really change.... the bigwigs are aiming for summer 2017 and have their target set on biggest opening ever.  Because of non-disclosures and #### I can't say any more at this point but I assume an announcement will happen soon.  :ph34r:
Here's hoping they'll get FF, although I'd really love them to get the X-Men.

Why is marvel able to use a guy like colossus in deadpool, but not wolverine. Just curious why some can be and cant be used. 

Why is marvel able to use a guy like colossus in deadpool, but not wolverine. Just curious why some can be and cant be used. 
Fox owns the X-Men and Mutants, Deadpool was a Fox movie.

Sony owns Fantastic Four, and somewhat Spiderman and Hulk (as I understand it)

Marvel/Disney owns pretty much the remainder.

Spidey would crush Black Panther.  He can lift cars, standing jump three stories high and senses danger before it happens (you can't hurt what you can't touch).  In this group he qualifies as a heavy hitter.
we could have a :nerd:  debate here, but BP seems like Batman with mystical powers.  I might be underrating underroos though.

Hulk has to be missing and was missing in the comics version as well. He's simply to powerful and could take on that whole group and come out on top.
true, but I would have liked to see him in the movie.  Plus Thor.  Again, he's probably too powerful and unlikely to care about the issue they're fighting over.

I think Wanda might be the most "powerful" person in this particular fight. I think that makes Dr. Strange a very interesting character if he's brought into Infinity War to battle Thanos (and I'll be shocked if Marvel doesn't want Cumberbatch in those films). Strange's powers dwarf Wanda's. 

I think Wanda might be the most "powerful" person in this particular fight. I think that makes Dr. Strange a very interesting character if he's brought into Infinity War to battle Thanos (and I'll be shocked if Marvel doesn't want Cumberbatch in those films). Strange's powers dwarf Wanda's. 
She's actually the heaviest hitter there IMO, she's one of the more powerful mystics in the Marvel universe.

Team Cap vs Team Iron Man

Cap vs Iron Man - Slight nod to Iron Man here, but Cap with his shield and tacticts is no slouch

Hawkeye vs Black Widow - Draw, but will give a slight nod to Widow

Winter Soldier vs Black Panther - Another slight nod to BP

Falcon vs War Machine - War Machine gets the nod here

Scarlet Witch vs Vision - Scarlet Witch wins easy

Ant-Man vs Spidey - Closer than you'd think, but Spidey takes this.

Now keep in mind, War Machine maybe out of the mix early, and Spidey is likely to switch sides.

we could have a :nerd:  debate here, but BP seems like Batman with mystical powers.  I might be underrating underroos though.

true, but I would have liked to see him in the movie.  Plus Thor.  Again, he's probably too powerful and unlikely to care about the issue they're fighting over.
We could.

Spider Man would kick the #### out of Batman too.

She's actually the heaviest hitter there IMO, she's one of the more powerful mystics in the Marvel universe.
And in the trailer she's taking down The Vision which says a lot about her power. Assuming she survives this film if she and Strange are part of the Infinity Wars that's a lot of mystical power the two of them can bring to the fight.  

Cap vs Iron Man - Slight nod to Iron Man here, but Cap with his shield and tacticts is no slouch

Hidden Content

Rumor is that Ant-Man becomes Giant-Man in the movie, in which case Giant-Man takes it easily.

Edit - sorry I don't know how to do spoilers anymore, apologies if this is was a spoiler for anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
<spoiler>Rumor is that Ant-Man becomes Giant-Man in the movie, in which case Giant-Man takes it easily.</spoiler>

Edit - sorry I don't know how to do spoilers anymore, apologies if this is was a spoiler for anyone.
If that's the case then it's even more heavily in favor of Team Cap. I think it's slanted very much to the side Wanda is on period.

Fox owns the X-Men and Mutants, Deadpool was a Fox movie.

Sony owns Fantastic Four, and somewhat Spiderman and Hulk (as I understand it)

Marvel/Disney owns pretty much the remainder.
Sony does not own Fantastic Four, Fox does.

Sony used to hold the rights to Spiderman.

Fifth time's the charm, right?
If they did it like this: http://www.mtv.com/news/1458473/fantastic-four-screenwriter-spills-super-secrets/.....it would actually be pretty cool.  F4 is supposed to be the greatest team/Marvel's First Family/Public Superheroes.....so embracing the celebrity of the F4 would be very much in line with the comic. They could tie it into the MCU by having them saving the world but being trapped in another dimension or something like that (or in an homage to the MARVEL hero Sentry.....make it that Earth's collective conscious has forgette about them but Stark/Banner accidently finds them while searching for something to fight Thanos with) and then have them reappear to help in the Inifinity War.

Harry Manback said:

Hidden Content

I'm not so sure about this.  Vision is kind of a badass. But we didn't really see SW in full fight mode (and the preview indicates that you're right)

Vision is a serious badass. That's why I posted for Wanda to be taking him down in the trailer is very interesting. I know this is a Cap movie but how much Wanda has harnessed and figured out her power since Ultron is an interesting storyline in my opinion - at least in terms of what could happen in Infinity Wars.

I'm not so sure about this.  Vision is kind of a badass. But we didn't really see SW in full fight mode (and the preview indicates that you're right)
I mean, that's true, but you saw Ultron right? SW literally ripped his heart out and destroyed him with half a glance.

I mean, that's true, but you saw Ultron right? SW literally ripped his heart out and destroyed him with half a glance.
I would say that the shot of Wanda taking down Vision is probably with him holding back.  I mean, he's got the Mind Gem in his forehead.  If he decided to cut loose with that, he'd have a good shot at taking down the planet.

He wouldn't, of course, which is why Thor was fine with letting him keep it at the end of Avengers 2.

It's too late to bring Fantastic Four into these storylines. It's a little late to just throw Spiderman into the party as well. Hopefully they set him up somehow and he doesn't just pop in from the sky out of nowhere like the trailer. 

Chaka said:
Pretty much but it's not quite the comic book version of Hulk.  Iron Man did knock him out in Age of Ultron. 
Also, Iron Man sucker punched Hulk as he was coming out of Wanda's spell and starting to calm down.  While the Hulk was focused on the fight and angry, he was tearing parts off Veronica, and Tony had to keep replacing them to stay in the fight.

I would say that the shot of Wanda taking down Vision is probably with him holding back.  I mean, he's got the Mind Gem in his forehead.  If he decided to cut loose with that, he'd have a good shot at taking down the planet.

He wouldn't, of course, which is why Thor was fine with letting him keep it at the end of Avengers 2.
Really depends on which version of Wanda this is power wise.

Does it?  The Mind Gem is one of the Infinity Gems - implying that it has infinite mind power.  If he uses it at full power, there should be no human who can withstand him.
At one point she had the power to create and destroy the multi-verse so yeah...I think so.

Thunderlips said:
That might be the stupidest thing anyone has EVER said on this board.  
Wouldn't even be close, Spidey would dispatch him as an afterthought while on his way to defeat another herald of Galactus.

It's nice that DC throws Batman the bone of possibly matching up with Superman but everyone with even the level of intelligence of a French Bulldog with a brain injury knows that Supe could crush Batman with his #### while enjoying a nice glass of Napa Valley Pinot Grigio.

Batman's best trait of planning and the element of surprise would be nullified by Spidey's best trait, sensing danger. If anyone can plan for that it would have to be Batman. He had plans to defeat the entire Justice League.

Batman's best trait of planning and the element of surprise would be nullified by Spidey's best trait, sensing danger. If anyone can plan for that it would have to be Batman. He had plans to defeat the entire Justice League.
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. 

He has defeated gods in the DC universe. In the DCU there isn't a better tactical mind and simply the best non enhanced fighter by a wide margin. Spidey can sense danger sure but he's not faster than Superman or Flash nor is he stronger than Supes or Bane or Grundy or Croc all beaten by Bruce. So to say it's not a contest isn't fair to either, it would be epic for sure and Pete may win the first fight but money is on Bruce to win the whole thing.

He has defeated gods in the DC universe. In the DCU there isn't a better tactical mind and simply the best non enhanced fighter by a wide margin. Spidey can sense danger sure but he's not faster than Superman or Flash nor is he stronger than Supes or Bane or Grundy or Croc all beaten by Bruce. So to say it's not a contest isn't fair to either, it would be epic for sure and Pete may win the first fight but money is on Bruce to win the whole thing.
Crushed, destroyed, humiliated etc.  That is how it works in the real world guys.  Spidey would beat the Bats into submission, sleep with his girlfriend while drinking his finest single malt scotch in the master's chair of the great room of his mansion.

Not even close.

Crushed, destroyed, humiliated etc.  That is how it works in the real world guys.  Spidey would beat the Bats into submission, sleep with his girlfriend while drinking his finest single malt scotch in the master's chair of the great room of his mansion.

Not even close.
Real world has no premise here my friend.

The winner is going to be whomever the writer wants to have win for the purposes of his story. Everything else about the particular heroes is almost entirely irrelevant by comparison.

Greg Russell said:
The winner is going to be whomever the writer wants to have win for the purposes of his story. Everything else about the particular heroes is almost entirely irrelevant by comparison.
Agreed.

Although, the writers tend to write batman more OP than Spider-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread