What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (12 Viewers)

Spoiler
Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Archangel (Ben Hardy) and Psylocke (Olivia Munn).
The last two I knew but did not realize that both

Storm and Magneto
side with Apocolypse.  But the trailer does seem to indicate that pretty clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last two I knew but did not realize that both

Hidden Content

side with Apocolypse.  But the trailer does seem to indicate that pretty clearly.
Apocalypse's Horsemen aren't always completely willing accomplices.  Some join him for the promise of power, but there have been a few times when he's used brainwashing to get them to follow him.

Also, shouldn't this move to a different thread as the X-Men are not part of the MCU?

Apocalypse's Horsemen aren't always completely willing accomplices.  Some join him for the promise of power, but there have been a few times when he's used brainwashing to get them to follow him.

Also, shouldn't this move to a different thread as the X-Men are not part of the MCU?
like the Trump thread?

I know the Xmen time line has been re-set and that continuity in general is almost impossible to worry about now so I am asking only for my own knowledge.

Angel first appears in XMen 3 in the 80's as a very young man.

Angel I believe in the comics later becomes Archangel.

Apocolypse is set in the 80's I believe and as such Archangel looks way too old.

do I have this right?

I know the Xmen time line has been re-set and that continuity in general is almost impossible to worry about now so I am asking only for my own knowledge.

Apocolypse is set in the 80's I believe and as such Archangel looks way too old.

do I have this right?
IIRC the last X-men reset the timelines to the point that I don't believe anything but first class is accurate.

Although it's a bit too much for the casual viewer.....Singer and Co. would have some balls if they were working towards an Age of Apocalypse scenario; IMO, one of the greatest X-stories ever told. 

do I have this right?
In X3 Angel appears but its not set in the 80s.  Doesnt the opening say its the "not to distant future" (Basically set in the time it was released)  

His Dad is the one that creates the "cure".  Angel saves him when he gets thrown off the roof in the final battle on Alcatraz.

The original XMen in the comics are Beast, Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Angel (who later becomes Archangel).

First Class is set in the 60s and I believe DOFP is in the 70s so Apocalypse may be set in the 80s?  But with the DOFP reset who knows what the continuity is.

In X3 Angel appears but its not set in the 80s.  Doesnt the opening say its the "not to distant future" (Basically set in the time it was released) 
X3 has a flash back scene of Warren as a little kid trying to cut his wings off in the bathroom.  In the main movie the character is in his 20's so that puts the flash back scene some where in the 80's I think roughly.

X3 has a flash back scene of Warren as a little kid trying to cut his wings off in the bathroom.  In the main movie the character is in his 20's so that puts the flash back scene some where in the 80's I think roughly.
Good call, I forgot about that scene. As much as I have enjoyed the XMen movies, I have been disappointed at how they set the ages, time lines, continuity, etc.

Here is a quote from Singer that confuses me

======================

“So what I’m doing with these in-betweenqueels is playing with time’s immutability and the prequel concept, meaning that yes we erased those storylines and anything can happen. That means the audience goes into the movie thinking that anything can happen. I mean anything, anyone could die."

==============================

If the time line has been reset to what we know at the end of Days of Future Past, don't we know at least for certain which characters (Bobby, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Cyclops, Professor X, Jean, Scot, Kitty, Beast and others) are alive in the future?

Or is the ending of Days of Future Past on a different time line from the upcoming Apocalypse movie?

Here is a quote from Singer that confuses me

======================

“So what I’m doing with these in-betweenqueels is playing with time’s immutability and the prequel concept, meaning that yes we erased those storylines and anything can happen. That means the audience goes into the movie thinking that anything can happen. I mean anything, anyone could die."

==============================

If the time line has been reset to what we know at the end of Days of Future Past, don't we know at least for certain which characters (Bobby, Rogue, Storm, Cyclops, Professor X, Jean, Scot, Kitty, Beast and others) are alive in the future?

Or is the ending of Days of Future Past on a different time line from the upcoming Apocalypse movie?
And does Wolverine have his adamantium skeleton in the future?

What Singer's saying is this:  DOFP showed that some events in the timeline can be changed.  Going forward, the movies are moving toward what is seen at the end of DOFP, but that's not a guarantee that they have to end up there.  Basically, he can do whatever he wants.  That's why I was equating it to what Abrams did with Star Trek.  Certain things still happen the same way:  Kirk cheats to be the Kobayashi Maru, becomes the captain of the Enterprise after Pike, meets up with Khan, etc.  But it doesn't have to happen in the same way, and other things may not happen at all or in a different order as well as things that didn't happen before can happen.

What Singer's saying is this:  DOFP showed that some events in the timeline can be changed.  Going forward, the movies are moving toward what is seen at the end of DOFP, but that's not a guarantee that they have to end up there.  Basically, he can do whatever he wants.  That's why I was equating it to what Abrams did with Star Trek.  Certain things still happen the same way:  Kirk cheats to be the Kobayashi Maru, becomes the captain of the Enterprise after Pike, meets up with Khan, etc.  But it doesn't have to happen in the same way, and other things may not happen at all or in a different order as well as things that didn't happen before can happen.
Star Trek is clearly Timeline A vs Timeline B.  That is very easy to understand.

Xmen is this:

Timeline A: Xmen 1, 2 and 3

Timeline B: First Class, Days of Future Past in the 70's

Timeline C: Days of Future Past in the present when Logan wakes up.

Star Trek is clearly Timeline A vs Timeline B.  That is very easy to understand.

Xmen is this:

Timeline A: Xmen 1, 2 and 3

Timeline B: First Class, Days of Future Past in the 70's

Timeline C: Days of Future Past in the present when Logan wakes up.
If you really want to complicate it, you should throw in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  That movie covers the time before, during, and after DOFP.

And you didn't account for the part of DOFP when Logan first gets sent back in time, which would be timeline C-A, maybe?  The one that gets rewritten by the end of the movie.

But the end result is like Star Trek.  You have one set of events that happened with X-Men movies from the aughts like all the Star Trek shows and the movies before Abrams' reboot, and then you have the events that are happening since First Class, like with the Abrams' Star Trek movies.  Like with Star Trek, all the X-Men movies are part of the same universe.  But they've made it so that where they go from here is not dictated by anything that's been shown in the past, even though what was shown in the past takes place in the future, just like with Star Trek.

Yeah the timelines are confusing, but it's not like it's been any less confusing in the comics.  #### they came out with alternate realities, what if's, all kinds of stuff.  "Age of Apocalypse" in the comics is even in an alternate reality.

I have watched the trailer with Spiderman probably 5 times now and I think I missed at least 9 of the 10 things he mentioned in that video above.  Very cool stuff especially who is in the freeze chamber.

I have watched the trailer with Spiderman probably 5 times now and I think I missed at least 9 of the 10 things he mentioned in that video above.  Very cool stuff especially who is in the freeze chamber.
Haha, same here too.  Plus when he zooms in on the suit it looks much better then originally thought.  

So are there no plans for the Scarlet Witch in the X-Men franchise or did I miss something?  Seems odd with Magneto and Quicksilver.

I believe Scarlet Witch falls under the same sort of deal as Quicksilver.  Elizabeth Olsen wouldn't play SW if they decided to include her in the X-Men movies just like the guy who plays Quicksilver in the X-Men movies isn't the same actor who plays him in the MCU movies.

In DOFP, there was a line cut where Quicksilver tells his younger sister to go upstairs and bug her older sister, which was to imply Wanda.  The younger sister possibly being Lorna Dane.  Other than that, I don't think there's been any plans made to include Scarlet Witch in any X-Men movies.

I believe Scarlet Witch falls under the same sort of deal as Quicksilver.  Elizabeth Olsen wouldn't play SW if they decided to include her in the X-Men movies just like the guy who plays Quicksilver in the X-Men movies isn't the same actor who plays him in the MCU movies.

In DOFP, there was a line cut where Quicksilver tells his younger sister to go upstairs and bug her older sister, which was to imply Wanda.  The younger sister possibly being Lorna Dane.  Other than that, I don't think there's been any plans made to include Scarlet Witch in any X-Men movies.
I know why it isn't the same actors.  It just seems odd to me to have Quicksilver and not Scarlet Witch.  Was just wondering if anyone had heard anything.

It's clearly old news, and has to do with the Sony/Marvel deal, yes?

How is it that Sony ended up with this control over Spider-Man anyway?

As long as they don't hit us with an origin story.  Just treat it like the Bana Hulk and the Norton Hulk.....
He also added that the film would not be an origin story for the character, saying, “In Spider-Man’s very specific case, where there have been two retellings of that origin in the last whatever it’s been – [thirteen] years – for us we are going to take it for granted that people know that, and the specifics. But... t is inherent to who his character is. [W]e want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers.” 

He also added that the film would not be an origin story for the character, saying, “In Spider-Man’s very specific case, where there have been two retellings of that origin in the last whatever it’s been – [thirteen] years – for us we are going to take it for granted that people know that, and the specifics. But... t is inherent to who his character is. [W]e want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers.” 
Cool.  Randy immortalized the characte BOOOONNNNEEEESAWWWW!....... It would be impossible to replace him in a Spiderman origin story. 

It's clearly old news, and has to do with the Sony/Marvel deal, yes?

How is it that Sony ended up with this control over Spider-Man anyway?
When Marvel was hurting for cash during the crash in the comics industry that happened in the 90s they sold the movie rights to most of their top properties. It's almost hard to remember now but Iron Man and the Avengers were considered B level characters back then. 

It'll be interesting to see how magic goes over with the public. They made sure to avoid it with Thor, saying Asgardians have greatly advanced science that just seems like magic to mortals.

They say that early Doc Strange comics were a little like an acid trip, visually.
people seem to like Harry Potter, LOTR, The Hobbit, Star Wars (yes, I'm equating the force to magic) and many others.

Users who are viewing this thread