What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (8 Viewers)

Finished Runaways and of course it ended in a way leaving me wanting another season.  Damnit.  Overall ok, not a great series.  Better then Inhumans.  Wouldn't surprise me if they don't do season 2 but the way it ended they will need to.

Next up is Jessica Jones season 2.
I liked Jessica Jones season 2. Not great, but I enjoyed it.

Looks great. Not to sound like a nerd but I got chills watching it.
I don't care.  I am nerdgasming right now.  The Russo brothers know what they're doing.  You can't tell for sure off of 2:12 seconds of footage but I think they're going to nail it.

Very curious what the run time will be.  It probably will be close to 3 hours.

that was great.  I am so excited I can't put it into words.  I know it never happens with Marvel but if there was ever a movie that would benefit from a Lord of the Rings style extended edition, this would be it.  I bet there is a ton of good stuff that got chopped for time.

=========

I did not see either Antman or Hawkeye again.  Did anyone see them?

that was great.  I am so excited I can't put it into words.  I know it never happens with Marvel but if there was ever a movie that would benefit from a Lord of the Rings style extended edition, this would be it.  I bet there is a ton of good stuff that got chopped for time.

=========

No but they're both in it.  Peter Dinklage is in it as well, probably one of the Black Order.

who's the bearded guy with black panther at the end of the trailer?

it's cap, correct?  is it a new actor?  looks nothing like him.  weird

Last edited by a moderator:
CentralPA said:
Oh, I did not see that.  Maybe they're not in it then.
I don't know if IMDB is official or not but Hawkeye, Haweye's Wife and Antman are all listed in the credits.

It may not be correct as you mentioned Peter Dinklage is in the movie and there is no mention of him in the cast.

DA RAIDERS said:
it's cap, correct?  is it a new actor?  looks nothing like him.  weird
same actor. 

The years are progressing for every one.    It has been almost 8 years since the first Captain America was filmed.

I don't know if IMDB is official or not but Hawkeye, Haweye's Wife and Antman are all listed in the credits.

It may not be correct as you mentioned Peter Dinklage is in the movie and there is no mention of him in the cast.
If you look at the movie poster down at the bottom with all the actors names he is listed.  But I guess Paul Rudd and Jeremy Renner's names weren't there.  I still think they're going to be involved in someway.  Evangeline Lilly too probably.

If you look at the movie poster down at the bottom with all the actors names he is listed.  But I guess Paul Rudd and Jeremy Renner's names weren't there.  I still think they're going to be involved in someway.  Evangeline Lilly too probably.
Why did they make his name so small? ;)

NewlyRetired said:

=========

Wasn’t that Ronin looking at the sky with Bruce Banner and the Black Widow? That would be Hawkeye.

In that trailer when it shows the Ebony Maw (holding Dr Strange prisoner and being tortured) in the background is the rest of the Black Order. Thanos' hit squad.

Corvus Glaive. Black Dwarf (now called Cull Obsidian). Proxima Midnight. And Loki!  Though Proxima has her spear pointed in Lokis direction.

:devil:

@B Maverick am I correct in thinking Runaways is kind of stand alone where as Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Punisher and Defenders are all kind of intertwined and should be watched in a specific order?

@B Maverick am I correct in thinking Runaways is kind of stand alone where as Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Punisher and Defenders are all kind of intertwined and should be watched in a specific order?
I can't speak to Runaways (need to start watching that actually). 

The others I'd suggest watching in release order.  Though the key one would be Defenders very heavily ties to all the others and would spoil several, so you should watch everything else (except Jessica season 2) before Defenders.

I can't speak to Runaways (need to start watching that actually). 

The others I'd suggest watching in release order.  Though the key one would be Defenders very heavily ties to all the others and would spoil several, so you should watch everything else (except Jessica season 2) before Defenders.
I found a viewing order I will follow that mixes and matches the episodes so that there is no overlap or spoilers.

You don't need to mix episodes across series. Just watch full seasons in the order they released.
interesting.  The list I found was very precise in their ordering most specifically around Luke Cage and Daredevil as the order flips back and forth every few episodes between the two.

interesting.  The list I found was very precise in their ordering most specifically around Luke Cage and Daredevil as the order flips back and forth every few episodes between the two.
You have me curious.  Shoot me a link?

Probably something to do with Claire.  She's the only person in all of the series.

You have me curious.  Shoot me a link?

Probably something to do with Claire.  She's the only person in all of the series.
I don't have the link but I wrote it down when I read it.  Here is the pertinent info for the overlap of the two series.

Daredevil S2 (1-4)

Luke Cage S1 (1-4)

Daredevil S2 (5-11)

Luke Cage S1 (5-8)

Daredevil S2 (12-13)

Luke Cage S1 (9-13)

I can't think of any particular reason to do it that way. Maybe it's chronological in the timeline but I can't think of anything you'd gain by it.  

I'd just go:
Daredevil 1
Jessica 1
Daredevil 2
Luke Cage 
Iron Fist
Defenders
Punisher
Jessica 2.

As I mentioned, Claire is present in all of them.  I joke that if someone were to ask what the Netflix Marvel series are about, I'd start with, "well, there's this nurse..."    

Users who are viewing this thread