What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (9 Viewers)

Eh, if this wasn't tied into the current Marvel universe storyline, I'm not sure I'd be all the excited to see it. It's got some cool cgi and I'm sure it will be entertaining, but I've never been a Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers fan. She seems like a dull character to me. But since it's theorized this movie will end with linkage to Avengers 4, I'm going to see it regardless.
Me and the family were all kinda "meh" on the new trailer, we don't know anything about it though (and didn't really know what was supposed to be going on in the trailer either.)  Since its Marvel I'm sure we'll go see it though.  

I hate to say this but does it seem like Brie Larson isn't bringing much gravitas/weight to the dialogue? By that I mean in the trailer she gets a badass line at the end...and it sounds like a young girl delivered it. No emotion or oomph behind it, made it seem kinda corny. Love all these movies so I'm probably wrong. 

Eh, if this wasn't tied into the current Marvel universe storyline, I'm not sure I'd be all the excited to see it. It's got some cool cgi and I'm sure it will be entertaining, but I've never been a Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers fan. She seems like a dull character to me. But since it's theorized this movie will end with linkage to Avengers 4, I'm going to see it regardless.
when  I read comics, Captain marvel was a black chic, and IIRC they killed her off......or maybe that was the dude version of Captain Marvell they killed off?

when  I read comics, Captain marvel was a black chic, and IIRC they killed her off......or maybe that was the dude version of Captain Marvell they killed off?
You’re thinking of a different Captain Marvel. That moniker has been used for various characters since the 1940s. And the dude Captain Marvel (Kree named Mar-Vell) was killed off using cancer. It’s very easy to get confused by it all.

Very cool!  The final name is a bit of a let down after all the intrigue and buzz it generated the last few months - but still overly excited to see it!

Avengers have been my favorite team since I was a kid, even my first comic books were of Hawkeye and the Avengers.  Glad to see him back on the screen - and Lang had me  :lmao:

Very cool!  The final name is a bit of a let down after all the intrigue and buzz it generated the last few months - but still overly excited to see it!

Avengers have been my favorite team since I was a kid, even my first comic books were of Hawkeye and the Avengers.  Glad to see him back on the screen - and Lang had me  :lmao:
I actually like the name. Simple and the name infers, just like in a Chess match, that even though a lot has been decided in the beginning and middle parts of the game, the endgame still has to be played and the outcome is not a foregone conclusion.

I actually like the name. Simple and the name infers, just like in a Chess match, that even though a lot has been decided in the beginning and middle parts of the game, the endgame still has to be played and the outcome is not a foregone conclusion.
It does, and it flows well with Strange's dialogue.  I think because it was leaked a few months ago, I was hoping for something different.  The Russo set image was a great tease as well.  Lots of creativity there.  But now that I know it, I can see End Game in the set image.

That isn't Hawkeye anymore.

Does anybody know a work around so that our now teenage kids (who both have access to our prime account) can’t snoop into our amazon account to see the gifts we purchase?

Id rather not start a whole new “parent” account and have to pay double for prime. 

Thanks in advance. 

Does anybody know a work around so that our now teenage kids (who both have access to our prime account) can’t snoop into our amazon account to see the gifts we purchase?

Id rather not start a whole new “parent” account and have to pay double for prime. 

Thanks in advance. 
If you go into your "Orders", you can archive them. They won't show in your active/recently ordered list.  Not fool-proof (they could always access the archived orders if they have full access, I guess), but they would have to think to do that.

Thanks in advance. 
You can set up a separate Amazon account for a second adult in the household and then link it to your existing Prime membership.  I did it so I could buy birthday/Christmas presents for my wife without her seeing the orders (she pretty much lives on Amazon).  I opened the secondary account last year and don’t remember the process but you can Google it. 

Edit to add links:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910370

https://www.amazon.com/myh/households

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally watched the Captain Marvel trailers, not real confident in this one but they have done no wrong so far. Trailer seemed to give away a lot of the plot but who knows for sure.

I also much prefer old school Mrs Marvel (Carol Danvers) over this Captain Marvel incarnation that Marvel Comics has been pushing the last few years. They even busted out the hokey blue outfit with mohawk from the comics at the end of the trailer.

Quick question.  Quinjets.  Who/what is/was "Quin"?
The original design of the jets were made in Wikanda in the comics.

The jets had 5 turbo engines.

A "Quint" refers to the number 5 (sometimes considered a run of 5 cards or short for quintuple).

This was shorten to Quinjet to represent the 5 engines.

OK, I am making my way forward in the Marvel TV shows.

I have now watched in order:

DD1, JJ1, DD2, LC1, IF1, and Defenders

Next on the list is suppose to be Inhumans but considering that was cancelled mid season and had very poor reviews I think I might skip it and move on to Punisher next.

Next on the list is suppose to be Inhumans but considering that was cancelled mid season and had very poor reviews I think I might skip it and move on to Punisher next.
Thanks for the Quinjet info.

And good call on Inhumans.  I still have to watch the last half of LC2 and watch DD3.  Though in the last couple of days have watched Antman and the Wasp, Civil War, Spiderman Homecoming, and Thor: Ragnarok.  Debating if I should start Infinity War tonight or wait until tomorrow.

DD3 is incredible. Probably the best of them all. 

I actually liked Inhumans. It got a bit of a bad rap because they showed the pilot episode in theaters and it didn't do well. But it was shown free on TV right after, so I don't know why you'd go to the theater to watch it. 

Punisher was good.  I didn't mind Inhumans.  Wasnt great but I watched.  Don't forget Runaways on Hulu.  Season 2 comes out this month (if not already)

I've got to finish up DD3, then Runaways 2. 

Watched Infinity War again last night.  And Dr Strange has been on so I've been rewatching that too.

Punisher was good.  I didn't mind Inhumans.  Wasnt great but I watched.  Don't forget Runaways on Hulu.  Season 2 comes out this month (if not already)

I've got to finish up DD3, then Runaways 2. 

Watched Infinity War again last night.  And Dr Strange has been on so I've been rewatching that too.
yes, I have Runaways slated for just after Punisher.  Unlike all these other shows, I read the Runaways comics so I am looking forward to it.

Dr. Strange sequel confirmed.  🧙‍♂️

Doctor Strange” director Scott Derrickson has signed up for Disney-Marvel’s sequel. The studio, which had no comment, is about to start searching for a writer. Derrickson co-wrote the 2016 original with C. Robert Cargill and Jon Spaihts. Benedict Cumberbatch is expected to reprise his role as Stephen Strange, along with co-stars Benedict Wong and Rachel McAdams.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/doctor-strange-sequel-director-scott-derrickson-1203087442/

Users who are viewing this thread