What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (7 Viewers)

Saw this today.  I thought it was great and it looks like there will be at least a sequel.
My wife and daughter saw it and loved it.  They both thought it was one of the best Spiderman movies they have seen (they have seen all of them starting with Toby's movies)

My wife and daughter saw it and loved it.  They both thought it was one of the best Spiderman movies they have seen (they have seen all of them starting with Toby's movies)
In all honesty that's a pretty low bar. 

We were all so excited for the first Spidey, I remember hearing rumors that they would have one back in college, then after 9/11 it was hyped pretty strong. Decent I guess but a let down when rewatched. 

The sequels weren't good. The one with venom is one of the most disappointing movies made. 

Homecoming was good, probably a tier 2 or 3 out of the MCU. 

I'm holding out hope that at the end of Endgame, the after credits scene will have some tip to the Fantastic Four or X-Men and either joining the MCU. The deaths or retirements of some of the characters, Marvel needs to bring in some new ones and I hope they are from the two groups above. Fantastic Four would be my choice since the X-Men movies have been pretty good by themselves.

I'm holding out hope that at the end of Endgame, the after credits scene will have some tip to the Fantastic Four or X-Men and either joining the MCU. The deaths or retirements of some of the characters, Marvel needs to bring in some new ones and I hope they are from the two groups above. Fantastic Four would be my choice since the X-Men movies have been pretty good by themselves.
That deal has not been finalized yet so I wouldn’t count on it. 

The Spiderverse movie was absolutely excellent. Run, don't walk, to go see it. The effects, the writing, the story, it was all fantastic. I've got to say it is the best Spiderman yet. Better than Homecoming and I loved Homecoming. 

The Spiderverse movie was absolutely excellent. Run, don't walk, to go see it. The effects, the writing, the story, it was all fantastic. I've got to say it is the best Spiderman yet. Better than Homecoming and I loved Homecoming. 
I don't know. Hard for me to get amped up about seeing a cartoon in the movies. I even asked my 9 year old son if he wanted to see it and he said no.

I don't know. Hard for me to get amped up about seeing a cartoon in the movies. I even asked my 9 year old son if he wanted to see it and he said no.
I wasn't at all planning on going to see it. Saw the Rotten Tomatoes rating and thought it might be fun with the kids. Decided to take them while driving home from work. We went a couple hours later. It was really, really good. If you paid money to see the other Spiderman movies, you owe it to yourself to pay to see a good Spiderman movie. It was soooo well done. 

I wasn't at all planning on going to see it. Saw the Rotten Tomatoes rating and thought it might be fun with the kids. Decided to take them while driving home from work. We went a couple hours later. It was really, really good. If you paid money to see the other Spiderman movies, you owe it to yourself to pay to see a good Spiderman movie. It was soooo well done. 
I've got tickets to take my 7 year old tomorrow.  Might be a hair young but the word of mouth is excellent.  

I've got tickets to take my 7 year old tomorrow.  Might be a hair young but the word of mouth is excellent.  
Young only in the sense that the movie is fairly deep with multi-dimensional shifts that might be hard to get his head around, but he will be fine. My 8 year old loved it and my 5 year old made it till the last 20 minutes before he passed out. We went to a 7:30 show on Friday night. So they had gotten up early for school and were up very late. 

Back to the subject matter. Pretty sure there's not an ounce of blood in the movie. The director realizes this is an animated flick and knows his target audience and at the same time makes it imminently enjoyable for adults with the writing and the plot. 

Young only in the sense that the movie is fairly deep with multi-dimensional shifts that might be hard to get his head around, but he will be fine. My 8 year old loved it and my 5 year old made it till the last 20 minutes before he passed out. We went to a 7:30 show on Friday night. So they had gotten up early for school and were up very late. 

Back to the subject matter. Pretty sure there's not an ounce of blood in the movie. The director realizes this is an animated flick and knows his target audience and at the same time makes it imminently enjoyable for adults with the writing and the plot. 
This movie is amazing. I loved it. My son handled it well and enjoyed it until the final 30 minutes when he was worried some wouldn’t make it home. The emotional stuff really hits him hard!  In the end he was thrilled by it. 

This movie is amazing. I loved it. My son handled it well and enjoyed it until the final 30 minutes when he was worried some wouldn’t make it home. The emotional stuff really hits him hard!  In the end he was thrilled by it. 
I can't wait for this one to come out on DVD. Oh, and I saw Aquaman over the weekend. Finally, DC has upped their game to be in the same conversation as Marvel. For the first time, I'm looking forward to future DC movies. Sure, Momoa lacks some range but that was my only complaint. 

Nope. Fox Disney merger completely different. 
I think a perfect way to incorporate the Fantastic Four into the next phase is to "kill" off one or more Avengers and bring them back as a different person. It'd be a great way to bring in some continuity. I think they should "kill" off Captain America and bring him back as Johnny Storm. It'd welcome in a new group.

Wow Spider-Verse was amazing. Does anybody have a link to the end credits scene? My restless family decided they had to leave. 

Huh. I just sort of dismissed Spiderverse as just a meh cartoon. Maybe I need to see it if still out. Also thought Aquaman previews looked meh so surprised someone loved it above.

It was excellent.   Saw it with my 14-year old daughter.  Very unique animation and a good, original story with good characters.

While I am geeked up for the Captain Marvel and Endgame movies, I hope Captain Marvel in them is not just a Deus Ex Machina case. It would take a lot away if they fell back on “hey, let’s just introduce a character who can resolve everything while on her coffee break”, sort of thing. 

Liked the trailer but odd timing and reveals with the events of Infinity War and it coming out after Endgame.  In Marvel we trust but still got to wonder. 

The real strange thing about the Spidey trailer for me is that they went out of their way to not show any dusted characters in the Endgame trailer.  We all know they are coming back but the reveals don't seem consistent to me.

So the plot is Mysterio is casting himself as a hero by glcreating these illusions of fire/water/earth monsters then he defeats them or is there an actual elemental villain(s) in the comics?

Last edited by a moderator:
So the plot is Mysterio is casting himself as a hero by glcreating these illusions of fire/water/earth monsters then he defeats them or is there an actual elemental villain(s) in the comics?
I thought it was sandman at first

From Google, apparently there are a quartet of villains called Elementals in the comics. 

shadyridr said:

From Google, apparently there are a quartet of villains called Elementals in the comics. 
So did I. Yeah I'm pretty sure every type of bad guy imaginable is represented in Marvel somewhere just not sure these ones were part of Spidey's set.

Mysterio is definitely a bad guy but he is unpowered and relies on gadgets, misdirection  and special effects so it seems unlikely that he could just conjure these guys.

:32 seconds into the trailer. The building in the background is the old Avengers building... which is rumored to be the new Baxter.

Will MJ find out about Peter?
Wait, Stark Tower? ETA: at :32 that doesn't look like Stark Tower or the Bacteria Building. What am I missing?

I appreciate rumors as much as the next guy/gal but that seems thin at best.

And I'm gonna go with yes, eventually and they're gonna make her a super hero at some point.

shadyridr said:

I do remember both Sandman and Hydroman from the comics. And how they had one gotten mixed together and formed some kind of mud monster. 

I do remember both Sandman and Hydroman from the comics. And how they had one gotten mixed together and formed some kind of mud monster. 
Yep, I have that issue (and a ton of others, marvel nerd)

But I think the villains are the Elementals here. Or at least that's my best guess. 

Users who are viewing this thread