What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (8 Viewers)

not sure if it was mentioned since this thread is a ton of pages, but i think they did a good job of creating a "House of M" feel for this Scarlet Witch story. will be interesting how they incorporate it and if anyone else from the Marvel universe shows up

ETA:Still think the Legion series was under-rated and pictured the universe-altering effects well. Would love to see Disney or somebody pick it up

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if it was mentioned since this thread is a ton of pages, but i think they did a good job of creating a "House of M" feel for this Scarlet Witch story. will be interesting how they incorporate it and if anyone else from the Marvel universe shows up

ETA:Still think the Legion series was under-rated and pictured the universe-altering effects well. Would love to see Disney or somebody pick it up
They are definitely going for the House of M feel here.

I thought this was fantastic!  Very excited to see where it goes.

I haven't read anything about it, so I'm coming in blind.  Feels like a bad Saturday Night Live sketch.
You have to know what happened to Vision in Endgame, and you have to know all the trauma that Wanda has endured.  I don't want to do anything that might spoil it for people but it may be helpful for you if you read a few "What's this about" websites.  This was really well done in my opinion.

You have to know what happened to Vision in Endgame, and you have to know all the trauma that Wanda has endured.  I don't want to do anything that might spoil it for people but it may be helpful for you if you read a few "What's this about" websites.  This was really well done in my opinion.
Thanks for the tip.  Makes more sense now.  If it does indeed end up tailing towards the MCU that we are accustomed to, I can stay in for the ride. :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip.  Makes more sense now.  If it does indeed end up tailing towards the MCU that we are accustomed to, I can stay in for the ride. :thumbup:
Not only will it tail towards the MCU we're used to, it's going to be a really big part of what the next phase of movies are about (if my suspicions are correct).

But yeah if people turned it on and thought "Black and white 50s sitcom parody?" I could see where there would be a lot of confusion :)

Not only will it tail towards the MCU we're used to, it's going to be a really big part of what the next phase of movies are about (if my suspicions are correct).

But yeah if people turned it on and thought "Black and white 50s sitcom parody?" I could see where there would be a lot of confusion :)
It seems fairly obvious, I think.  Wanda, strange, even ant-man are going to play huge roles in the next few years. 

I assume all the different series build on each other, but it will be interesting to see how falcon and the winter soldier connect here, if they do.

It seems fairly obvious, I think.  Wanda, strange, even ant-man are going to play huge roles in the next few years. 

I assume all the different series build on each other, but it will be interesting to see how falcon and the winter soldier connect here, if they do.
Underrated imo

I'm a big fan of **** van Dyke so this was right up my alley. Great stuff so far imo. 

Surprised they went this direction after Peggy Carter (which I also thought was great) didn't go so well for them, ratings-wise. 

I'm a big fan of **** van Dyke so this was right up my alley. Great stuff so far imo. 

Surprised they went this direction after Peggy Carter (which I also thought was great) didn't go so well for them, ratings-wise. 
I think they realized that any series is going to need to have direct ties to future movies to make them appointment television.  Agent Carter was good but it was only going to be filler for existing MCU films and not really impact future ones. The new series are going to be impactful I believe.

I think they realized that any series is going to need to have direct ties to future movies to make them appointment television.  Agent Carter was good but it was only going to be filler for existing MCU films and not really impact future ones. The new series are going to be impactful I believe.
There's something to be said for this, although agents of shield had limited connection, if any, for a few seasons.

yeah, been considering taking the plunge on disney plus, but this show doesn't look like I'd enjoy it.

Will reevaluate once Falcon and the winter solider starts up. Based on the trailer, Loki looks right up my alley.

yeah, been considering taking the plunge on disney plus, but this show doesn't look like I'd enjoy it.

Will reevaluate once Falcon and the winter solider starts up. Based on the trailer, Loki looks right up my alley.
Might be a good plan, wait until one you really want then catchup.  If you are an old school Star Wars fan, I think you'll really like the Mandalorian as well.  Other than that, haven't watched a ton of Disney+.

I get the feeling that Wandavision may end up being a better watch for a lot of people once more episodes are out and the direction is more clear. So far it’s mostly just hints at what is going on and that makes it feel kind of off. 

2nd Ep had a very Pleasantville type of feel.  Enjoyed both episodes with a dash of WTF?

Fun couple easter eggs in there too.
My son has read encyclopedias on this stuff, and he was spouting off stuff left and right.  A bunch were ones that I knew, but some were just really detailed.  Lotta fun.

Was not too thrilled with the first two episodes.  The 1950s baby boomer side of me was very giddy though.  The 2nd episode was funny.  I am assuming as we get closer to modern sitcom TV era #### will start hitting the fan harder and harder.

Its starting off slow, but I have a feeling it'll be worth it.  Patience.

Was not too thrilled with the first two episodes.  The 1950s baby boomer side of me was very giddy though.  The 2nd episode was funny.  I am assuming as we get closer to modern sitcom TV era #### will start hitting the fan harder and harder.

Its starting off slow, but I have a feeling it'll be worth it.  Patience.
Yeah, there's a "show-within-a-show" vibe from the end credits (not to mention the radio in ep2).  My wife played the trailer while I was in the other room and it definitely shows a progression to a non-sitcommy state.

If you know the story that we think WandaVision is going to be based off of the payoff will be worth it.
Assuming that's from comics, I'm not, so I'm just enjoying the ride.
It is from the comics (of course that is just our speculation at this point, but it is really setting up that way). The way they've done it is really unique using the comics as a source but melding it with the existing MCU and putting their own flair on it.

It is from the comics (of course that is just our speculation at this point, but it is really setting up that way). The way they've done it is really unique using the comics as a source but melding it with the existing MCU and putting their own flair on it.
Yep, its definitely House of M but Feige is putting his own twist on the story.

My son has read encyclopedias on this stuff, and he was spouting off stuff left and right.  A bunch were ones that I knew, but some were just really detailed.  Lotta fun.
I noticed two fun ones, curious on any of the others he noted.  I can never get spoiler tags right so I won't try, even though they might not be needed...

If you suck at finding Easter Eggs, check out Emergency Awesome Youtube page: here

He's very good at pointing them out.  He does Easter Egg videos for anything in Star Wars or Marvel (plus GoT, Airbencer, etc).  Maybe a little too good.  Beware of spoilers.

CentralPA said:
If you suck at finding Easter Eggs, check out Emergency Awesome Youtube page: here

He's very good at pointing them out.  He does Easter Egg videos for anything in Star Wars or Marvel (plus GoT, Airbencer, etc).  Maybe a little too good.  Beware of spoilers.
Whoa!

CentralPA said:

Whoa!
Yeah my son and I are pretty good at finding Easter Eggs, but this guy is intense.  Lots of good stuff here, but obviously don't watch until you've seen the episodes.

What night is Wandavision on?
Episode 1: Friday, January 15 - Available Now
Episode 2: Friday, January 15 - Available Now
Episode 3: Friday, January 22
Episode 4: Friday, January 29
Episode 5: Friday, February 5
Episode 6: Friday, February 12
Episode 7: Friday, February 19
Episode 8: Friday, February 26
Episode 9: Friday, March 5 - Season 1 Finale

I had signed up for Disney+ for a month to watch the 2nd season of the Mandalorian and then canceled because that was the only new content that I wanted to see.  My subscription ran out just after the first 2 episodes of WandaVision came out and I tried to watch it.  I couldn't get past halfway in the 1st episode.  It was terrible.  Some of the other shows that are scheduled to come out this year look good, though.  I'll sign up again next year when there's more new content worth watching.

I had signed up for Disney+ for a month to watch the 2nd season of the Mandalorian and then canceled because that was the only new content that I wanted to see.  My subscription ran out just after the first 2 episodes of WandaVision came out and I tried to watch it.  I couldn't get past halfway in the 1st episode.  It was terrible.  Some of the other shows that are scheduled to come out this year look good, though.  I'll sign up again next year when there's more new content worth watching.
You may want to watch some of the Easter Egg videos that were posted.  If you are not familiar with the source material and are thinking "is this a 50s sitcom remake" I could see how you think that. What they are doing here is really very cool.  

I don't watch a lot of the Easter Egg videos or stuff, but someone posted Emergency Awesome in here, and it is really good.

@RC94 Here's his most recent entry that ties some more of it together.  It has a deleted scene from Endgame, and interviews with Wanda and Vision where they talk about some stuff that was cut.  Then more of the easter eggs from Eps 1 and 2 and speculation on how it will tie to Dr. Strange 2.  I think you are done with Disney+ for now but maybe something to revisit. 

Emergency Awesome Spoilers and Speculation

I think the coolest aspect of that Emergency awesome stuff is that this will allow X Men and mutants to enter the MCU

And I echo the thanks to whoever posted that youtuber. I am not a comic guy so having that info is cool. Although I did know what was going on before watching that. 

Users who are viewing this thread