What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (5 Viewers)

kinda hope they leave the Fantastic Four out.  Focus on bringing the xmen and the next phase for all the avengers.   I have always thought FF was really lame and i dont want that invading all the other cool stuff going on

Only thing is don't we think Marvel will want to make a big deal about announcing the casting of Fantastic Four?  
I would say you are probably right.  

kinda hope they leave the Fantastic Four out.  Focus on bringing the xmen and the next phase for all the avengers.   I have always thought FF was really lame and i dont want that invading all the other cool stuff going on
They have the coolest baddies in Doom, Galactus and the Silver Surfer.  The surfer is why I want them brought in.

Maybe they could bring in FitzSimmons and Mack from AoS?

I would say you are probably right.  

They have the coolest baddies in Doom, Galactus and the Silver Surfer.  The surfer is why I want them brought in.

Maybe they could bring in FitzSimmons and Mack from AoS?
Maybe they can shoehorn one of the Guardians of the Galaxy characters or the sister from Black Panther into what she meant by "aerospace engineer" maybe?

Posted on another board ... keeping it simple:

We may be reading too much into the “Luke level” comment. I don’t know that Elizabeth Olsen has the same level of nerd as we do, [Quicksilver] may have checked that box for her. I wouldn’t discount marketing hyperbole either.
Adding some detail from the same board, same link:

Re: the Luke level cameo, Elizabeth Olsen never actually said that. An interviewer asked her a leading question along those lines, she said "yes", they slapped that headline on it, and then since the internet is 1000 sites just regurgitating the same story from one source it spread like wildfire.

It very well could have been Evan Peters. Kat Dennings did an interview a few days ago where she was talking about how they had such a high level of secrecy around him.

I can see Rocket. I would think someone connected to Thor. Selvig?
Selvig is an astrophysicist, but wouldn't that recco come from Darcy?  She interned for him.  

I like Rocket, but don't see it. He's off in space with the GotG.  Anyone from AoS is a stretch at this point, altho I'd love to see Fitz-Simmons.  

I don't like Reed Richards here.  Everyone is looking for it, and I think Fiege will swerve and go a different direction.

Adding some detail from the same board, same link:
I don't want to get too far into spoiler territory for folks who don't want to go there, but there is a Paul Bettany interview that can be easily found where he makes some pretty strong comments about the "epic" ending, a "huge reveal of a huge character" which he said would involve an an actor he admires and respects and has been longing to work with for years. 

I don't want to get too far into spoiler territory for folks who don't want to go there, but there is a Paul Bettany interview that can be easily found where he makes some pretty strong comments about the "epic" ending, a "huge reveal of a huge character" which he said would involve an an actor he admires and respects and has been longing to work with for years. 
Yeah I love discussing what we've seen but not as big on reading the outside interviews.  Someone was correct when they found the deleted scene with Vision's body being stolen but I'd rather speculate on what we've seen.  No big deal either way.

Son and I was thinking about this last night, which led to the next round of shows announced for D+, specifically Agents of SWORD.  We talked about Daisy and Coulson joining, as well as some of the new characters announced like Abigail Brand.  Then we remembered a rumored character who is tied to SWORD and other Marvel properties, Hank McCoy aka The Beast.  As Marvel used WandaVision to bring SWORD to the mainstream population, I can see the Big Brain being introduced as Hank McCoy to help further setup the SWORD show coming to D+.  As with Monica, Hank could have a latent gene "activated" when going into the hex, thus setting him up to become the mutant "Beast".  This would help solidify Wanda bringing about mutants by bringing in a well known mutant that can cross over multiple Marvel shows, while leading the way for the XMen properties.  

Selvig is an astrophysicist, but wouldn't that recco come from Darcy?  She interned for him.  

I like Rocket, but don't see it. He's off in space with the GotG.  Anyone from AoS is a stretch at this point, altho I'd love to see Fitz-Simmons.  

I don't like Reed Richards here.  Everyone is looking for it, and I think Fiege will swerve and go a different direction.
I'd be more excited for fitz-simmons than anyone else including Richards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree.  The Fantastic Four is a Marvel staple and I've been waiting patiently for them to finally have a good cinematic representation.  I've been disappointed that they've been made into a joke over the last three films.

I disagree.  The Fantastic Four is a Marvel staple and I've been waiting patiently for them to finally have a good cinematic representation.  I've been disappointed that they've been made into a joke over the last three films.
I agree with you.  I actually thought the first FF was ok, but Rise of the Silver Surfer was bad, and the latest looked so bad I skipped it completely.  Would like to see Marvel's first family get a proper MCU treatment.

I agree with you.  I actually thought the first FF was ok, but Rise of the Silver Surfer was bad, and the latest looked so bad I skipped it completely.  Would like to see Marvel's first family get a proper MCU treatment.
True.  The first one isn't too bad in retrospect.  I didn't even watch the 2015 version until my daughter wanted to watch them all, and even she hated that one.  

True.  The first one isn't too bad in retrospect.  I didn't even watch the 2015 version until my daughter wanted to watch them all, and even she hated that one.  
I have watched all three.  I think the biggest issue was the casting of Reed and Sue. They didn't match or work together.  Also not a big fan of how they portrayed Doom and his casting.  I like all 3 actors, just didn't work.  
Overall it wasn't bad though.

Some aspects of Rise of the Silver Surfer were good.  Storm chasing the Surfer was good.  But the rest was a mess and too often a slapstick comedy.

The third one was a mess but I enjoyed it overall.  Again they didn't get Doom right and the other world was a poor choice.  The actors were better cast overall then the first, IMO, but thats not saying much...

One thing Marvel has done almost perfectly is the casting.  A few misteps, but not horribly bad.  I hope when they do get to the FF, the casting works.

Rumors are that this episode is going to have an Office vibe to it.

I don't think it's really anyone we've seen.  You have to follow the SHIELD to SWORD thread.  Rocket doesn't check that box...neither does Shuri.

Yeah. They are really the starting point of modern marvel comics 

Wild-Hair Theory from Another Board #1:

... Blackheart as WandaVision's big bad -- potentially also a tie in to one of Falcon's comics storylines. A black heart on the calendar in Episode 1 was the foreshadowing Easter Egg. Also, the name of Vision's boss at his Westview workplace, Mr. Hart.
Wild-Hair Theory from Another Board #2:

In Episode 2, Herb specifically mentioned Big Red Gum (the gum he gave Vision?). Mephisto is commonly called "Big Red" in the comics. Mephisto is the creator of Blackheart, so one or both could make appearances.
Wild-Hair Theory from Another Board #3:

Falcon and the Winter Soldier starts basically right after WandaVision ends (March 11th). What if [on WandaVision, Jimmy Woo's] missing witness in the witness protection program is Zemo? That would connect directly into FatWS and possibly give Zemo even more reason to want to eliminate super powered beings.

Correct me if I am wrong, but before Covid wasn't FaWS supposed to go first, then WandaVision?

Not sure it matters or affects storylines/crossovers/or connection to each since it feels like they would be happening at the same time after Endgame.

-OZ- said:
Surprised to see they're dropping what if 1-3 on one day. That series is one I'm really looking forward to, but I wonder if they'll have any long term impact. Will we see each back in multiverse of madness? 
I'm excited about this as well!

Wild-Hair Theory from Another Board #1:

Wild-Hair Theory from Another Board #2:

Wild-Hair Theory from Another Board #3:
Not really wild hair theories as Mephisto is speculated to be the main villain for Phase 4, especially with the multiverse and multi-dimensions being introduced.

I am so in for DJ Lance Rock being the aerospace engineer. #there’s a party in my tummy 
I have a feeling we're not going to know who the aerospace engineer is at all.  Whoever it was modified the space jeep for the situation.  Their job is done now.  With no name or identity provided, I think it's just a call out for the fans to stoke the fires of speculation.  Either way, that person has some connection to SWORD, I would think, as they moved the design/reconstruction of the space jeep very quickly in order to have it onsite within a couple days.

Peak said:
I have a feeling we're not going to know who the aerospace engineer is at all.  Whoever it was modified the space jeep for the situation.  Their job is done now.  With no name or identity provided, I think it's just a call out for the fans to stoke the fires of speculation.  Either way, that person has some connection to SWORD, I would think, as they moved the design/reconstruction of the space jeep very quickly in order to have it onsite within a couple days.
Could be messing around too, then there’s no reveal and everyone is like “I guess that was nothing” then beginning of the next episode reed richards will show up and be like “what did you do to my jeep?”

If the quality of future series is anything close to this, I will be very pleased. 
Loved it. I don’t know how the quality can be matched, but I thought the same about the Mandolorian. I’m really excited for Loki but not as much for Cap and Bucky (although I’m definitely watching). 

posting more series thoughts later. 

Loved it. I don’t know how the quality can be matched, but I thought the same about the Mandolorian. I’m really excited for Loki but not as much for Cap and Bucky (although I’m definitely watching). 

I honestly wasn't expecting much for Wandavision

Cap and Bucky, buddy cop series. I’m looking forward to it, because it’s March 19 amd everything else we have to wait for.

So thoughts on the show.  There is a mid credits scene so be sure to catch it if you haven't already. Loved the Modern Family / Office vibe.  Elizabeth Olsen nails it.  We get confirmation long speculated that Agnes is Agatha Harkness.  She appears to be the villain, but I think she may either be working for or under the control of someone else (Mephisto or Nightmare perhaps). They did a good swerve in the Halloween episode where she appeared disoriented in the car, but this episode explained it.

We got to see the origin story of Photon, including one of her comic book looks, so that was cool.  It'll be awhile before she figures out how to use her powers I'm sure.  I liked how Billy is finding his powers of telekinesis as he tells his Mom it's noisy around here, and Agatha that she is quiet on the inside.  I think this is confirmation that it is not the XMen Pietro we are seeing, but someone who is either working with or more likely I think being controlled by Agatha as he had a purple hue about him.

Looks like the "I know a guy" engineer was just a swerve.  I can't remember if she said "a guy" or "someone" because it didn't even turn out to be a guy.  My son didn't recognizer Major Goodner from the comics.  Of course perhaps she was just delivering the machine.

Vision knows the story now and it will be interesting to see what he does from here.  Another great episode and can't wait for the final 2!

I more strongly think that this is the Pietro from X-men. It looks like agatha summoned him from a different multiverse and is controlling him?

Users who are viewing this thread