What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (8 Viewers)

I remember watching the original SW trilogy and thinking nothing could compare.

Then the Harry Potter books and movies, thinking nothing would compare. 

Now, keep it going MARVEL! 

oh man thats the best scene in any movie ever when everyone starts showing up and you know that its about to go down brohan style the only way it would have been better is if they had focused in on starlord and he fired up the walkman and brandy by looking glass played over the entire ending scene take that to the bank bromigos  

I wouldn't say ruin it, but it was definitely annoying and I know exactly where it was without having to click the link again :)

I rewatched that final battle scene again from Endgame last night after watching the clip.  What an awesome culmination to a run!  I'm hopeful for the next phase.
:goodposting:   yeah ruin is a bit strong since its such a good moment in the movies.  Even with it being so great I have to feel bad for those in the theater with him....

I actually did the same over the weekend.  Usually start around Hulk snapping and stop just after Tony snaps.

IM 3 was on yesterday.  Bottom half of the MCU for me but still watchable.  (Wonder if Chang-Chi will reference good old Trevor?)

At one point Tony tells the world his home address and everyone acts like its this big revelation and now the press and bad guys know where he is. Jarvis even says something about this is what happens when you tell the worlds press your home address.

That seens odd to me since in IM2 he had a large party where he and Rhoady got into a big IronMan War Machine fight, 3 movies of IM coming and going from the house....  Do we really believe they didn't all know where he lives?

Not a big deal, just struck me as inconsistent so I wonder what am I missing?

Looks...interesting, but not very compelling. I'll see it, but may skip the theatre and wait for streaming unless it's gets huge word of mouth.

Really just not sure how Marvel stays at anywhere close to the same level post-Infinity war saga. (at least from a movie perspective). Just seems like everything is working against them....

-Downey and Evans both gone

- Black Widow movie got delayed and now seems kind of irrelevant since we know what happened to the character

-Boseman's death

- They tried to set up Larson as the next star of the franchise but she's just so divisive.

The Spider man movie will probably be pretty good and I'm interested to see what they do with Dr. Strange and the Multiverse.  Eventually we'll get Guardians 3. But other than that....meh.  BP without Boseman is rough and Thor: Love and Thunder sounds BRUTAL. The other movies are a bunch of character that nobody seems to care about at all.

Seems like they're heading for at least 1 really big bomb here. Maybe 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping the long layoff would give them time to come up with a compelling Fantastic 4 storyline and a way to bring in the X-men. The Eternals does nothing for me. It's not very well known even by comic book fans. Their goals are very vague and they have made them look really boring in that trailer. With such a long gap between End game to this, I'm not sure if this will be a great start to phase 4 for the MCU.

Really just not sure how Marvel stays at anywhere close to the same level post-Infinity war saga. (at least from a movie perspective). Just seems like everything is working against them....

-Downey and Evans both gone

- Black Widow movie got delayed and now seems kind of irrelevant since we know what happened to the character
I enjoy the movies for what they are, not really a Marvel guy, and I view these 2 as big positives in terms of the future for these movies.  The last thing we need is more Iron Man or Captain America. They should limit themselves to one sequel at most for any of these, and only for the really good storylines.  Black Widow might be good for one movie if they do it right, but I never bought into her character. 

Waititi is great and says it's "the best Marvel film ever."

I mean...of course he's gonna say that.

The idea of a 95 lb woman "becoming Thor" (especially when played by an actress with zero physicality who wanted nothing to do with the franchise for like a decade) just seems incredibly stupid.

I like Ragnarok, but this one just seems really lame to me (regardless of who is directing)

The idea of a 95 lb woman "becoming Thor" (especially when played by an actress with zero physicality who wanted nothing to do with the franchise for like a decade) just seems incredibly stupid.

I like Ragnarok, but this one just seems really lame to me (regardless of who is directing)
Love and Thunder sounds dumb, but Waititi is really good. 

Small women can be super heroes no problem. My issue is more with choosing a storyline that was only created in 2015 and widely unpopular with the fans. Not that comic storylines have been that popular over the last 10 years in general. 

Small women can be super heroes no problem. My issue is more with choosing a storyline that was only created in 2015 and widely unpopular with the fans. Not that comic storylines have been that popular over the last 10 years in general. 

Not saying they cant.....I just think Portman brings less physical presence than just about any actress I can think of. I'm sure she's getting "in shape" for the movie, but she's still gonna be 100 lbs with twigs for limbs. You're really gonna have to suspend disbelief. What's the most "physical" role she's ever had?

I get it....its a comic book movie. She's gonna have powers.....but still

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you seen the photos from the set?   She's ripped.

I thought the eternals trailer looks cool but how do you have some super mega powerful group and then don’t have them show up for thanos? 
In the comics the Eternals only acted at the direction of the Celestials...so if they said stay out of the Thanos thing, they would have.   I imagine the "until now" in the trailer refers to the events of Endgame, but since Marvel's bringing the X-men over, it could refer to the introduction of the X-gene, which was also the Celstials' doing.

Never liked any of the Celestial/Eternals/Deviants stuff in the comics.  It was hard to follow the stories and they would just throw in stuff out of nowhere when they wrote themselves into a corner.   The characters are also too powerful.   

- They tried to set up Larson as the next star of the franchise but she's just so divisive.
Black Widow was always about her backstory. Not sure why it matters what happens to her in the future.

I thought Captain Marvel was awesome. 

You think Falcon and the Winter Soldier was better than Wandavision?
Yep, very much so.  Loved Wandavision but the pacing and just the story development was just a smidge slow for me.  Falcon and the Winter solider was great all the way through.  Kept me engaged the whole time.
To each their own but I think this is a minority opinion.  I liked FatWS but thought it was far short of WV.  Really excited for Loki.

I loved both.

Wandavision maybe a smidge more.  It felt like a bigger experience.  But FatWS was closer to what I expect from Marvel.

They’ve done an amazing job with the first 2, and they were AWESOME to have while we’re in the middle of a Pandemic and bridging to the next movies.

Yep, very much so.  Loved Wandavision but the pacing and just the story development was just a smidge slow for me.  Falcon and the Winter solider was great all the way through.  Kept me engaged the whole time.
pretty much how I felt about it too... I had to force myself to go back to Wanda Vision a few times. 

To each their own but I think this is a minority opinion.  I liked FatWS but thought it was far short of WV.  Really excited for Loki.
I agree with him. The guys at the Ringer who do the Watch podcast do too. So there’s a few of us. 
Hence the word "minority" :D  

It's definitely a personal preference issue, and like I said I enjoyed them both. WV was ranked higher on both IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes but I can definitely understand people preferring FatWS over WV.  You could probably make a case that more people hated WV as well.  If the premise of the show didn't capture you, a lot of people may have abandoned it.  For those it did hit, they tended to love it.  FatWS likely doesn't have the extremes where people don't love it or hate it as much.  The only real complaining I heard about FatWS was some people thought the social justice angle was too heavy and the villain underdeveloped.

Tom Hiddleston is great as always as Loki. The whole time bureau thing is cheesy and feels out of place in the MCU. It works as a CW DC show but seems a hard sell here. If anyone can pull it off Marvel can though.

Users who are viewing this thread