What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (5 Viewers)

Oh yeah I’m not blaming you in that, sorry if it came across that way. The one that bugged me was someone on Facebook saying “Here’s Sophia Di Martino as Lady Loki” before Ep 2 aired. It had not dawned on me that they would use really different Loki variants”. 

Yep we will see Black Widow in the theater. Will probably go see Fast 9 before that. The last movie I saw in the theater was the disappointing Tenet. 
No problem, didn't take it badly.

Bought tickets to Widow for Thursday 7/8.  Looking forward to finding out what happened in Budapest.

Isnt this supposed to take place after Captain America Civil War?
I believe so.  Doesn't mean they can't give us something about it. Seems to be a big thing between her and Hawkeye, and Fury told Danvers he was in Budapest in Captain Marvel. Seems to be a big part of her backstory and probably her connection to SHIELD.  

Such a well done show, it's hard for me to pick between it and WandaVision.  FatWS an easy third (still good but more pedestrian).  Last week I joked with Alligator Loki maybe we would see Throg (Thor Frog) and he had a brief appearance!  In addition to the creative direction of the show, it has a lot of heart.  Love Hiddleston and Di Martino in their roles, and Wilson has been awesome as well.

Such a well done show, it's hard for me to pick between it and WandaVision.  FatWS an easy third (still good but more pedestrian).  Last week I joked with Alligator Loki maybe we would see Throg (Thor Frog) and he had a brief appearance!  In addition to the creative direction of the show, it has a lot of heart.  Love Hiddleston and Di Martino in their roles, and Wilson has been awesome as well.
All this. 

I think Loki has finally surpassed daredevil as my favorite Marvel show. Next week will hopefully lock that in. 

They're either setting up Kang or "superior" Loki as the main antagonist. Hopefully Kang. 

All this. 

I think Loki has finally surpassed daredevil as my favorite Marvel show. Next week will hopefully lock that in. 

They're either setting up Kang or "superior" Loki as the main antagonist. Hopefully Kang. 
I would be very disappointed with another Loki villain. 

i hope the villian is none other than the loveable jim tom from moonshiners and the whole thing is him using his powers to pull of a little corn fueled tomfoolery and i bet you did not know that jim tom is quite the ladies man so girl loki will probably fall for his charms take that to the bank brohans 

Thinking about ep 5. I'm slightly disappointed they didn't take the opportunity to show a variant beta ray bill. He could just be a teaser for what's to come, but it would have been great to see. 

Or variant hulk 🤔

All this. 

Marvel hasn't yet introduced a new MCU character "big bad" in any Disney+ series yet (granted only two previous). After all the Mephisto/Norman Osborne speculation in Wandavision and FATWS,  I'm leaning more towards a Loki variant vs Kang./Immortus. Been almost too much hinting at Kang, feels kind of like misdirection. 

But of course now would be a perfect time to throw a curveball. 

Marvel hasn't yet introduced a new MCU character "big bad" in any Disney+ series yet (granted only two previous). After all the Mephisto/Norman Osborne speculation in Wandavision and FATWS,  I'm leaning more towards a Loki variant vs Kang./Immortus. Been almost too much hinting at Kang, feels kind of like misdirection. 

Seems like the TVA's power is too big for a Loki to have created it. But we'll see!

Psychopav said:
Seems like the TVA's power is too big for a Loki to have created it. But we'll see!
the, "we're more powerful, then we know" line, worries me.

anyone catch what it said on the stark tower?  it wasn't stark.  and was that a pixie thor, in the jar, buried in the dirt?

bummed it's already over.  hope it's a longer episode

anyone catch what it said on the stark tower?  it wasn't stark.  and was that a pixie thor, in the jar, buried in the dirt?

Yep, that line caught my attention too. As did Kid Loki's nexus event.  

It said "Qeng" on the former Stark tower. 

And that was frog Thor in the jar. We have alligator Loki, why not frog Thor? 

Frog Thor and the comic nerds are having nerdgasms lol.

You're probably right. I guess that could make Loki much more powerful going forward. He's need to be if he's going to be in the big boy circle if magic and hang with Strange and Wanda. 

If they go back with their timepad when pruned, then how come mobius did not have one when he was pruned. 

Also if the Loki's are variants off the sacred timeline, shouldn't they somewhat resemble the Loki from the sacred timeline. The alligator Loki is lazy writing.

I also still do not like them getting kicked off the train, especially if they are going to show them not with lots of power going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the Loki ep then ran off and saw Black Widow yesterday as well.  Both were really enjoyable.  BW was better then I expected. IMO had a Jason Bourne vibe with some added humor.

The interactions between Romanoff  and Yelena Belova were fantastic (Pugh steals the movie).

Watched the Loki ep then ran off and saw Black Widow yesterday as well.  Both were really enjoyable.  BW was better then I expected. IMO had a Jason Bourne vibe with some added humor.

The interactions between Romanoff  and Yelena Belova were fantastic (Pugh steals the movie).
So far Pugh seems to be the biggest buzz

All this. 

I do think you are right.  With all the focus on the Lokis saying "we are all broken", this has a wizard of Oz feel to it where you pull back the curtain and it is the "Superior" Loki pulling all the strings.  Alioth and Kang have a deep history in the comics (Kang fears Alioth's time travelling capabilities because they are greater than his own).  I think Renslayer accidentally freed Alioth one time.  With Kang's ties to Renslayer and Alioth you would think they are pointing you to Kang being behind it, but now I'm leaning that they are going to throw the curve and just make it another Loki.

Regardless, the show has been awesome and I can't wait to see the end.  The What If trailer was also awesome looking.  They are pumping out high quality content.

If they go back with their timepad when pruned, then how come mobius did not have one when he was pruned. 

Also if the Loki's are variants off the sacred timeline, shouldn't they somewhat resemble the Loki from the sacred timeline. The alligator Loki is lazy writing.

I also still do not like them getting kicked off the train, especially if they are going to show them not with lots of power going forward.
Mobius didn't have his timepad when he was pruned, he left it on the table in Renslayer's office so she wouldn't notice hers was gone.  When they confronted him, she held out her hand for her timepad and he was like "Oh yeah, I just noticed this wasn't mine".  She of course did not give him his timepad back and so he was pruned without one.

I havnt seen any of the marvel movies. Should i start from the beginning or just start here
Definitely not here lol
True lol.  For me, I'd watch them when they were chronologically released so you would have the same viewing experience as most people.  Some people prefer to watch it in the MCU Time Order (so you'd watch Captain America early on since he was in WW2).  Here's a link that shows both methods.  Some links will also include TV shows.

https://collider.com/how-to-watch-marvel-movies-in-order/

I do think you are right.  With all the focus on the Lokis saying "we are all broken", this has a wizard of Oz feel to it where you pull back the curtain and it is the "Superior" Loki pulling all the strings.  Alioth and Kang have a deep history in the comics (Kang fears Alioth's time travelling capabilities because they are greater than his own).  I think Renslayer accidentally freed Alioth one time.  With Kang's ties to Renslayer and Alioth you would think they are pointing you to Kang being behind it, but now I'm leaning that they are going to throw the curve and just make it another Loki.

Regardless, the show has been awesome and I can't wait to see the end.  The What If trailer was also awesome looking.  They are pumping out high quality content.
I generally don’t like the animated movies/shows but that looks awesome and when I did read comics (30 years ago?), I loved the “What If?” series.

I generally don’t like the animated movies/shows but that looks awesome and when I did read comics (30 years ago?), I loved the “What If?” series.
What's so cool about this one is the level of animation is just off the charts, and it sounds like they got the MCU actors back for these, so we hear RDJ as Tony again and more touching, I'm pretty sure that was Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther.  If not it was a dead ringer for his voice.  I don't think they would bring in a voice double for something like that, so this would be his last outing as the King of Wakanda.

Just got out of Black Widow, critics don’t seem to like it but I thought it was a solid entry, enjoyed it quite a bit. I’d put it firmly in the middle but just outside the cusp of the upper third of Marvel films. Florence Pugh is getting all the buzz, but personally for me David Harbour stole the show. Sad we get no more ScarJo, she finally gets her vehicle to show off she easily has the chops to carry her being the lead in a Superhero movie and it’s a swan song.

Just a white guy that is not the best person to weigh in but thought this was a much better female empowerment/strength film than Captain Marvel or obviously the token scene everyone hates from Endgame. IMO Captain Marvel was so over the top with its messaging it lost its effectiveness.

Only complaint from me is the movie needed way more Rachel Weisz  :wub:

Agree as well, this feels a bit like WandaVision with the nods to multi-verse with Pietro and them leading on fans a bit… similar to the hopes for maybe mephisto showing up too. Could obviously be wrong but I feel like all the Kang bits are just red herrings until he is revealed in an actual film.

I guess what’s hilarious is with the 200 different Loki’s they could have definitely made that Quicksilver in Wandavision a version of Quicksilver but they still chose not to. Kinda funny in hindsight. 

I'm impressed with myself that when child Loki said he killed Thor that I remembered the story from Ragnarock where Thor recounts how Loki tried to kill him when they were kids. 

I think I'm ready to try cosplay. 

Preferably with those brave, intelligent, wonderful, women who dress like slave Princess Leia. 

Agree as well, this feels a bit like WandaVision with the nods to multi-verse with Pietro and them leading on fans a bit… similar to the hopes for maybe mephisto showing up too. Could obviously be wrong but I feel like all the Kang bits are just red herrings until he is revealed in an actual film.
If I had to bet money it would be on Immortus, with a different actor than the one playing Kang. Everything from the Timekeepers to Raovanna to the Void (Limbo) fits in the Immortus backstory. They can introduce the future version without giving too much away, or even referring to him as Kang at this point.

A Loki variant would be a huge let down, and they'd have some serious selling to explain a future Loki trying to maintain a single timeline where Loki always dies. They have left the unexplained nexus events for Sylvie and Sylvie/Loki together hanging though, so it's possible they will try to wrap those in somehow. 

Saw Black Widow in the theater (first time in over a year) and it was ok. Some really fun scenes,  but nothing to write home about. To be honest, I think Disney pushing it back as many times as it did really hurt it. 

I'd give it a 6 out of 10. You could easily just save the money and wait to see it on Disney+.

I really enjoyed BW. Not a top ten for MCU but I thought they did a pretty good job overall.

But then I spent way too much of the movie thinking the mom was Keri Russell :bag:

Big League Chew said:
I havnt seen any of the marvel movies. Should i start from the beginning or just start here
I've done it both ways, first in production order mostly while flying around for work.

Second, in chronological order to watch with my family (wife and two kids aged 10 and 8). 

Far, far more enjoyable experience watching in chronological order. There are so many cross-movie, cross-hero, cross-plot teases, never mind build-ups on plot lines. There was some care taken in making sure things didn't go sideways, I think, while still adding interesting elements, hints, etc. for the "future" movies that actually had already been released.

Mind you, they're not all great movies. Not the case at all, and you'll need to get outside of Dinsey+ for a few. Totally worth it, IMO. Big fan even though I barely understand some parts, including Loki. Have no idea what's going on with the TVA and all that.

BW was good. Not great, and a bit darker than most MCU. 

Started to read and then realized this show is too good to risk seeing spoilers.  

This last episode was a fun reaction episode but nothing special on its own...  i love that it sets up a clear final chapter...  didn't like the way they handled pruning at first but I've come around to it... really though it all depends on whether they stick the landing and I've seen enough to have high hopes 

Users who are viewing this thread