What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (16 Viewers)

I never got to see avengers 2. Wonder if its still playing
Our favorite moment from this movie was connected right to A2.

A2 is still playing but only in 338 theaters nationwide last weekend. It should drop below 300 theaters this weekend so you might have a hard time finding it.

Waiting for the second scene, I was reading the credits.

I cracked up when I saw that Adam Ant sang one of the songs in the movie :)

Waiting for the second scene, I was reading the credits.

I cracked up when I saw that Adam Ant sang one of the songs in the movie :)
Marvel is doing a good job on keeping the post credit scenes off the interwebz, hopefully they'll relax after this opening weekend.

Was not expecting too much from this movie but really enjoyed it. Was amazed at how young they made Michael Douglas look in the opening scene without looking fake. Really liked the fight scene between Falcon and Antman

Marvel has not officially announced it yet but Tilda Swinton all but confirmed it.

She will be playing the key role of The Ancient One in Doctor Strange. This was a male character in the comics and acted as a teacher/mentor to Dr Strange.

Cumberbatch and Swinton should be fantastic together.

For those not familiar with the Oscar winning actress, she has not been in many big blockbuster type films but you may know her from her role in the Narnia movies as The White Witch.

Marvel has not officially announced it yet but Tilda Swinton all but confirmed it.

She will be playing the key role of The Ancient One in Doctor Strange. This was a male character in the comics and acted as a teacher/mentor to Dr Strange.

Cumberbatch and Swinton should be fantastic together.

For those not familiar with the Oscar winning actress, she has not been in many big blockbuster type films but you may know her from her role in the Narnia movies as The White Witch.
She's in the Amy Schumer movie, Trainwreck, as Amy's boss.

Finally saw Ant Man and thought it was the most humorous of the MCU movies. Enjoyed it. Opening scene was excellent, the tie ins/references to the rest of the MCU were nicely done. :thumbup:

So what marvel movie (s) are slated for next summer? Antman seemed to reference a possible Cap 3, but Cap 2 was just last summer. Have they released any sequels within 2 years for the individual superheroes in the Marvel franchise?

So what marvel movie (s) are slated for next summer? Antman seemed to reference a possible Cap 3, but Cap 2 was just last summer. Have they released any sequels within 2 years for the individual superheroes in the Marvel franchise?
I believe Captain America: Civil War will be next year. Doctor Strange too.

here is the release calendar as it stands today. One in spring and one in winter next year.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/marvel/237462/full-marvel-movie-release-calendar

xmen apocalypse is next year as well.

iron man and thor both had their first sequals 2 years later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one disappointed that they used Yellow Jacket as a villain instead of having them use that later in the MCU? That was my favorite of his personas in the comics. I was hoping they capture and repurpose that suit.

Am I the only one disappointed that they used Yellow Jacket as a villain instead of having them use that later in the MCU? That was my favorite of his personas in the comics. I was hoping they capture and repurpose that suit.
I'm okay with it. Yellowjacket always seemed like a cheap Wasp knockoff to me, it was also his persona when he went off the rails and became a wife beating, pseudo-sociopathic drunk so it fits with the villain role for the Ant Man film. Plus they are adding Wasp to the roster so I don't see that they need two heroes with such similar skill sets. I also think Ant Man requires a little more thoughtfulness in his usage because he can't simply just kick the door down and start blasting everything.

I'm okay with it. Yellowjacket always seemed like a cheap Wasp knockoff to me, it was also his persona when he went off the rails and became a wife beating, pseudo-sociopathic drunk so it fits with the villain role for the Ant Man film. Plus they are adding Wasp to the roster so I don't see that they need two heroes with such similar skill sets. I also think Ant Man requires a little more thoughtfulness in his usage because he can't simply just kick the door down and start blasting everything.
No doubt they did a fantastic job showing his skill set and how useful it is. Really good movie. Saw it for the 2nd time this weekend, taking the wife and another couple.

here is the release calendar as it stands today. One in spring and one in winter next year.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/marvel/237462/full-marvel-movie-release-calendar

xmen apocalypse is next year as well.

iron man and thor both had their first sequals 2 years later.
Great info. Thanks.

Saw Antman. Just a good, fun movie. Michael Douglas was great in it.

Is Fantastic 4 a marvel studio movie? No right? Probably gonna be terrible

Disney Marvel would never make this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs
Holy #### that looks awesome.Looks like they are not keeping continuity with the X-Men series though, which I think is a mistake.
It does look good. Was that Colussus I saw?
Yep, definitely Colussus. Did look pretty good.
I was thinking Tombstone, but I just read stuff with him, and I don't know #### about Colussus...

I'm not sure about the Deadpool. I don't think I can handle all that snarky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for Deadpool. One of my favorites, and it looks as though they are doing the "breaking the barrier" with the audience in the right way so far.

Can't wait for Deadpool. One of my favorites, and it looks as though they are doing the "breaking the barrier" with the audience in the right way so far.
Looks like they will only break that barrier while he's deadpool. When he's Wade, he won't do it.

Fantastic 4 getting horrible reviews. Why is FOX so bad at this?
Most the X-men movies have been good. :shrug:

I think it's partly to do with the fantastic 4 being kinda a lame comic in the first place. The only thing that really bothers me is that because Fox owns the F4, they still own the rights to Sliver Surfer and Galactus. It's going to suck when Marvel has to leave these characters out of the infinity gauntlet series.

I don't know. They just seem like one of those old school comics that don't really translate these days. :shrug:

If F4 bombs, maybe Fox will pull a Sony and negotiate with Disney/Marvel to jointly use the rights like with Spidey. Seems better than waiting 7 more years before they revert back.

If F4 bombs, maybe Fox will pull a Sony and negotiate with Disney/Marvel to jointly use the rights like with Spidey. Seems better than waiting 7 more years before they revert back.
I thought I read somewhere that Marvel stopped producing a Fantastic 4 comic. Some thought it was because they didn't own the rights so why keep giving FOX free advertising.

Users who are viewing this thread