What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (5 Viewers)

Already posted?  But saw it within an article earlier today and figured it was worth posting...

• Doctor Strange opens November 4, 2016,
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – May 5, 2017
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming – July 7, 2017
  • Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017
  • Black Panther – February 16, 2018
  • Avengers: Infinity War – May 4, 2018
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp – July 6, 2018
  • Captain Marvel – March 8, 2019
  • (Untitled) Avengers – May 3, 2019
  • and as-yet Two (2) untitled Marvel movies on May 1, July 10 and November 6, 2020.

:popcorn: x11
I'm not sure about that last bullet. 2 movies, but 3 dates?

I may have noticed this before and forgot since... but in Age of Ultron, when Vision has been created and Tony is choosing Friday as the AI to replace Jarvis, there's also one in the background labeled Jocasta.

You know, other thing that I probably thought of before but had since forgot...

At the end when Vision confronts the last Ultron drone... Ultron leaps at him finally, and the camera pulls way back in the forest and we see Vision's infinity gem has gone off.  But we don't actually see Ultron destroyed. Quite likely given how Vision says earlier he doesn't want to destroy Ultron, that he's unique... that Vision imprisoned Ultron somehow rather than destroyed him.

Also, Sigourney Weaver has been announced as the villain for Defenders. They haven't said who she will be playing.

caught up on Daredevil s1 and 2 and Jessica Jones.  Working on Luke Cage.  

Loved both seasons of Daredevil.  JJ grew on me.  Not sure yet on Luke Cage but only a couple eps in.  Iron Fist looks like it has good potential.  Hoping Punisher is good too.

Loved Dr Strange.  Enjoyed Ghost Rider in SHIELD.

Looking forward to the rest of that and this year's movies.

(and a bump for 2017)

:nerd:

caught up on Daredevil s1 and 2 and Jessica Jones.  Working on Luke Cage.  

Loved both seasons of Daredevil.  JJ grew on me.  Not sure yet on Luke Cage but only a couple eps in.  Iron Fist looks like it has good potential.  Hoping Punisher is good too.

Loved Dr Strange.  Enjoyed Ghost Rider in SHIELD.

Looking forward to the rest of that and this year's movies.

(and a bump for 2017)

:nerd:
First half is good. Once they start going into backstory of the bad guys it takes a bit of a nose dive and doesn't pull out.

I rank them 

DD2

JJ

DD

Luke
I liked the first season of Daredevil more than the second so I'd flip them on the list. Like Cage, the second half of season 2 (post-Punisher) wasn't as compelling as the first half. The final scene, though, was terrific. 

Loved the finale of DD1 with him finally in the red suit.  And Punisher with the skull at the end of DD2.  Great moments.

for me DD and DD2 then JJ then Luke.  Hopefully Iron Fist, Punisher and the Defenders are as good as DD/JJ was

Luke Cage was good but I agree probably the weakest so far.  Ready for Iron Fist and then finally the Defenders to hit.  Going to be a great year for the smaller scale Netflix portion of the MCU.

I liked Cottonmouth and that whole side of it. They made Diamondback out to be some criminal genius/badass, but once he was revealed, he was anything BUT that. Really took away from an otherwise strong season imo. 
Yeah, Cottonmouth was just becoming a really interesting character when they got rid of him (way too easily). Diamondback and that councilwoman really didn't hold up as well in the second half of the series. I still liked it overall and am looking forward to Iron Fist.

If anyone is interested I highly recommend the Immortal Iron Fist run by Matt Fraction and David Aja back around 2010 or 2011 (I think). Really makes you appreciate the character beyond the simplistic Power Man and Iron Fist stuff. 

Last edited by a moderator:
DD1 is probably my favorite, but I'm willing to bet most of my reasons for thinking that are because I was so blown away with the character development of Matt Murdock, and Charley Cox's fantastic portrayal.

Loved DD1 and thought DD2 was close behind it.  JJ was good for a bit, but I felt it drug on way too long.  The best things out of JJ I liked were Killian and Cage.  Really enjoyed Luke Cage.  I thought it was pretty well done.  I'd have like to have seen more on how Cottonmouth rose to power or held the top seat for so long, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the show/ride. Like others have said, I'm looking forward to IF and Defenders.  Netflix and Marvel are showing to be a strong tandem in bringing these kinds of series to life.

DD1

DD2

Cage

JJ

Loved DD1 and thought DD2 was close behind it.  JJ was good for a bit, but I felt it drug on way too long.  The best things out of JJ I liked were Killian and Cage.  Really enjoyed Luke Cage.  I thought it was pretty well done.  I'd have like to have seen more on how Cottonmouth rose to power or held the top seat for so long, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the show/ride. Like others have said, I'm looking forward to IF and Defenders.  Netflix and Marvel are showing to be a strong tandem in bringing these kinds of series to life.

DD1

DD2

Cage

JJ
I think Krysten Ritter is damn good in the role but agree the season had some pacing problems. So far the first season of Daredevil is the only season that I felt was strong from start to finish. But all of the shows are way above the norm. Agree with you that Marvel and Netflix have a good thing going right now. Would love to see a Moon Knight show or a legit Blade one if another film isn't an option. 

I liked Cottonmouth and that whole side of it. They made Diamondback out to be some criminal genius/badass, but once he was revealed, he was anything BUT that. Really took away from an otherwise strong season imo. 
Was a bit surprised that they offed him and that ridiculous hammer gear was dumb too. Goes against everything that was Hammer in the Iron Man movies being that it was very effective.

Yeah I really loved Daredevil season 1. Season 2 was also good but I felt it got lost a little along the way. JJ was pretty good, with a really good villain, but it felt like it took too long to get there.

Just finished Luke Cage. I really like the actor, but I didn't like the arch villain at the end. I like how Claire ties all these together. 

Excited about Iron Fist. A little more lukewarm on the Punisher. 

Yeah I really loved Daredevil season 1. Season 2 was also good but I felt it got lost a little along the way. JJ was pretty good, with a really good villain, but it felt like it took too long to get there.

Just finished Luke Cage. I really like the actor, but I didn't like the arch villain at the end. I like how Claire ties all these together. 

Excited about Iron Fist. A little more lukewarm on the Punisher. 
I'm really looking forward to this. Bernthal is terrific. I thought the best half of Daredevil Season 2 was the Punisher stuff. Once he went away (for a time), the season got less interesting for me although it did pick up at the end.  

Finished up Luke Cage.  Ep 4 is where it got going for me but was up and down through the end.  Loved the comments by Rosario's character about knowing a lawyer who can help Luke.  Subtle references to the others shows make it great.  

The Hammer Suit for Diamondback looked very Judge Dread.  Wasn't a fan of his.  The setup for S2 looks good though.  

Looking forward to Iron Fist and the Defenders.

So far for me either DD season is tops followed by JJ then Cage.

As for Shield, enjoyed Ghost Rider but not the LMDs so far.

Finished up Luke Cage.  Ep 4 is where it got going for me but was up and down through the end.  Loved the comments by Rosario's character about knowing a lawyer who can help Luke.  Subtle references to the others shows make it great.  

The Hammer Suit for Diamondback looked very Judge Dread.  Wasn't a fan of his.  The setup for S2 looks good though.  

Looking forward to Iron Fist and the Defenders.

So far for me either DD season is tops followed by JJ then Cage.

As for Shield, enjoyed Ghost Rider but not the LMDs so far.
First half of the season definitely better so far. I wish they hadn't continued the Darkhold storyline. Having the book possess someone worked in the first half. Doing it again in the second half hasn't worked as well although the May storyline has been good.

So... The Defenders...

I never read it, and now I'm understanding why it didn't get as popular as some of the other titles.  Is it really Daredevil (a great character) teamed up with (a) a gal with super strength, (b) a guy with super strength and nearly impenetrable skin, and (c) a rich martial arts expert with super strength but just in one arm?

Did Stan Lee create these characters?  They sound kind of boring and redundant. What am I missing that makes the Defenders interesting and appealing?

So... The Defenders...

I never read it, and now I'm understanding why it didn't get as popular as some of the other titles.  Is it really Daredevil (a great character) teamed up with (a) a gal with super strength, (b) a guy with super strength and nearly impenetrable skin, and (c) a rich martial arts expert with super strength but just in one arm?

Did Stan Lee create these characters?  They sound kind of boring and redundant. What am I missing that makes the Defenders interesting and appealing?
the real Defenders from the comics is not those 4 characters

Its original incarnation was led by Doctor Strange and included Hulk, Namor, and—eventually—Silver Surfer. They first appeared as the Defenders in Marvel Feature #1 (Dec. 1971).

The group had a rotating line-up from 1972 until 1986, with Dr. Strange and the Hulk being usually constant members along with a number of other mainstays such as Valkyrie, Nighthawk, Hellcat, Gargoyle, Beast, the Son of Satan and Luke Cage, and a large number of temporary members.

Users who are viewing this thread