What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (2 Viewers)

Strange will be in Thor 3. And since we see Mjolnir broken by Hel, it's a very good bet that Strange plays a part in reforging it. He did this around 10 years ago in the Thor comics.....around the time of Ragnarök, if I'm not mistaken. Actually, it was just after, when Thor came back. He had Strange use a large portion of the Odinforce inside him to reforge Mjolnir. 

EDIT: My 10 year old son made a very good prediction. He said Strange will fix Mjolnir not by reforging it, but by using the time stone to restore it, ala. the apple in Dr. Strange
This would likely mean there will be multiple Strange scenes in the film which has me feeling all kinds of geeky. 

The meeting between Strange and Thor we saw in "Dr. Strange" likely occurs early in Ragnarok since Thor still has his long hair. So if he fixes Mjolnir that would likely come near the end of the film or at some point either before Thor wages whatever his final battle is in the film. 

i like doctor strange i thought it was really good but i like old ben cumberbun no matter what he is in like when he is sherlock for example i hope that he has a big role in rudnarskirock and that he knocks it out of the park like always thor is my favorite to take that to the swc movie preview reviews bank brohans 

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/19/marvel-cloak-dagger-trailer-freeform/

Marvel's Cloak and Dagger trailer

The show, set to premiere its 10 episodes in early 2018, tells the story of Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph), two teenagers with newly acquired superpowers that are somehow linked to each other. Joe Pokaski (Heroes) serves as showrunner, with Marvel’s Head of Television, Jeph Loeb, and Jim Chory (Marvel’s The Defenders) as executive producers.

Earlier in the day, Marvel announced five new characters for another of Freeform’s upcoming series, New Warriors. 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/19/marvel-new-warriors-tv-series-characters/

I'm going to the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Premiere tonight.  :excited:

Spoiler-free review coming soon.
Had a great time at the Dolby Theater. We watched the cast walk the carpet and lots of celebrity sightings.

The movie was crazy fun. I would categorize it as a comedy-action flick instead of an action-comedy because of all the jokes they crammed into the 2 hours. Not all the jokes hit but it was still a very funny movie.
Baby Groot is amazing and stole every scene. The entire opening credit scene featured Baby Groot and it's hilarious.
Drax was also damn funny, way funnier than in the first movie.
There were also a bunch of cameos.
The retro theme will be a hit with adults but go over the head of younger viewers, but not a big deal.
The story is solid. Director James Gunn hopped on stage and said the first movie was about learning to love other people, and Volume 2 was about learning how to be loved. So keep that in mind I guess.
The music element was good but not as memorable as in the first movie.
By now, you know to sit through the end credits for bonus scenes.
This is a big popcorn movie that you'll want to watch on the largest screen available.
I give it:  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Had a great time at the Dolby Theater. We watched the cast walk the carpet and lots of celebrity sightings.

The movie was crazy fun. I would categorize it as a comedy-action flick instead of an action-comedy because of all the jokes they crammed into the 2 hours. Not all the jokes hit but it was still a very funny movie.
Baby Groot is amazing and stole every scene. The entire opening credit scene featured Baby Groot and it's hilarious.
The retro theme will be a hit with adults but go over the head of younger viewers, but not a big deal.
The story is solid. Director James Gunn hopped on stage and said the first movie was about learning to love other people, and Volume 2 was about learning how to be loved. So keep that in mind I guess.
This is a big popcorn movie that you'll want to watch on the largest screen available.
My 8 year old daughter wants to see it, shes seen GotG and most of the others, anything I should worry about in taking her? I usually try to see them first then take her but she really wants me to take her on the first viewing...

ETA, without spoilers anything I should worry about?

Last edited by a moderator:

oh #### yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the feedback, we can't wait for this one!

Definitely pumped for this.

*My daughter is a senior in high school.

*In her English class last week the teacher asked the kids who was not going to prom.

*My daughter raises her hand as one of the few if not only kids not going.

*Teacher asks "why?"

*Daughter responds: "Guardians opening night is the same night"

*Teacher is horrified.

*Good girl baby!!!!!!!!!!!  lol

*In her English class last week the teacher asked the kids who was not going to prom.

*Teacher asks "why?"

*Teacher is horrified.

That's great.  :thumbup:

*Teacher asks "why?"

*Teacher is horrified.

Um, maybe it would be better 20 years from now if she remembers going to her prom and then GotG2 the next night?

I remember the awkward dancing.  The uncomfortable dinner.  The forced fun.  The cramped limo.  It was certainly memorable. 
I remember having a decent enough time. Girl was nice and we had fun.

But I remember everything about the premieres I've gone to. I'm a huge movie geek so seeing a highly anticipated film the first day/night it's released is always memorable for me.

My 8 year old daughter wants to see it, shes seen GotG and most of the others, anything I should worry about in taking her? I usually try to see them first then take her but she really wants me to take her on the first viewing...

ETA, without spoilers anything I should worry about?
Are you OK with a few S-words? There were some penis jokes.
The violence is cartoonish, just like the first movie. Really quite tame for PG-13.

Are you OK with a few S-words? There were some penis jokes.
The violence is cartoonish, just like the first movie. Really quite tame for PG-13.
That's what I want to hear. I don't want to have to check the movie first and then take the kids back. I was leaning toward taking them sight unseen. Now I'm firmly in that camp.

watched the first 10 minutes of GotG2 using KODI.  Movie looks great but the quality was horrendous so I had to turn it off, plus there's the whole "I know this is illegal" aspect.  But I'll be taking at least 2 of my boys to see it soon. 

Haven't read entire thread, so sorry if discussed before.

Watched "X-Men Days of Future Past" the other evening with the wife (it was on FX as we were flipping through channels).  We saw the "Quicksilver scene" in the kitchen area of the pentagon as they are breaking Magneto out.  This raised a question between my wife and I....

All the guards ask our main characters to freeze or be shot, and then all fire their weapons.  Quicksilver then puts on his headphones and has a song playing, which I guess we are viewers are led to believe is what he's listening to - but the song is in "real speed" while he's in "ultra fast speed".  He takes out all the guards, alters the path of the bullets, and steals a pretty sweet hat - all of which take at most half a second in real speed.  But we hear a good 30 seconds or so of his song (Time in a Bottle).

So, does he have an "ultra fast version" of time in a bottle on his walkman?  Or, as my wife believes, is he so fast that he's actually able to alter time around him of certain things (like the people around him, but not the song he's listening to).  Or is this just an error in the movie?

Watched "X-Men Days of Future Past" the other evening with the wife (it was on FX as we were flipping through channels).  We saw the "Quicksilver scene" in the kitchen area of the pentagon as they are breaking Magneto out.  This raised a question between my wife and I....

All the guards ask our main characters to freeze or be shot, and then all fire their weapons.  Quicksilver then puts on his headphones and has a song playing, which I guess we are viewers are led to believe is what he's listening to - but the song is in "real speed" while he's in "ultra fast speed".  He takes out all the guards, alters the path of the bullets, and steals a pretty sweet hat - all of which take at most half a second in real speed.  But we hear a good 30 seconds or so of his song (Time in a Bottle).

So, does he have an "ultra fast version" of time in a bottle on his walkman?  Or, as my wife believes, is he so fast that he's actually able to alter time around him of certain things (like the people around him, but not the song he's listening to).  Or is this just an error in the movie?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You should ask that in the X-Men movie thread.  Those movies aren't in the MCU and so the question doesn't really fit here.

this attempts explain it with science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEe9yKM0BAU

Yes (wife swears like a sailor)

Amen.
So I was going to take the kids sight unseen, but my two buddies (we go together to the flicks our wives won't go see), decided we had to see it Sat night sans children. So drinks before, during and after it seems. Got tickets to go back on Sunday with the two older boys. 

So I was going to take the kids sight unseen, but my two buddies (we go together to the flicks our wives won't go see), decided we had to see it Sat night sans children. So drinks before, during and after it seems. Got tickets to go back on Sunday with the two older boys. 
This sounds like a great plan.

Wife does want to see it so the family is probably going Sunday afternoon...

Lucky you. My wife has no interest in this kind of stuff. No Star Wars, Super Heros, James Bond, Sci Fi in general, etc.
Yeah she isnt either normally although she did enjoy GotG1, Dr Strange, Suicide Squad.  She does want to see GotG2.  

Lucky you. My wife has no interest in this kind of stuff. No Star Wars, Super Heros, James Bond, Sci Fi in general, etc.
Sounds like my wife.  I tend to go see these on opening night by myself, then take my two boys to see them later that weekend.  My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I honestly don't mind watching a movie by myself.  It's not like I'm going to sit there and talk through a movie with someone.  I'd rather sit there in peace and enjoy what's on the screen.

Sounds like my wife.  I tend to go see these on opening night by myself, then take my two boys to see them later that weekend.  My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I honestly don't mind watching a movie by myself.  It's not like I'm going to sit there and talk through a movie with someone.  I'd rather sit there in peace and enjoy what's on the screen.
I should do this more, but can't bring myself to do it. I've seen exactly one movie by myself. Nobody would go see the Passion of the Christ so I went alone. But it's stupid that I don't. Like you said. I'm not sitting there chatting it up with people during the movie. 

I should do this more, but can't bring myself to do it. I've seen exactly one movie by myself. Nobody would go see the Passion of the Christ so I went alone. But it's stupid that I don't. Like you said. I'm not sitting there chatting it up with people during the movie. 
Same.  I went to Blue Streak since I was on the east coast killing time and alone.  Yeah you read that right.  But yeah feels weird going alone.

Users who are viewing this thread