Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Marvel Cinematic Universe - WOW Loki is Good!; Black Widow in Theaters; "What if" Up Next


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Arsenal of Doom said:

Yeah, we've been doing that for a while and I agree it's a good deal. What's been great though is going to the comic book store and buying actual comic books. 

Yea, this is an experience kids shouldn't miss. I'm lucky to have a very well maintained and clean comic book store in my town and my 10 year old son loves poking through it. They keep a separate section for adult graphic novels that I peruse when there too ("adult" as in mature themes and literature, not porn).

It's like the used bookstore phenomenon. Sure, you can download older books for free on your tablet, but it doesn't beat the experience of getting lost in a used bookstore and coming out with 6 new finds for $20. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

I started buying graphic novels a few years ago. I keep buying, mostly Image and Vertigo, a few DC. They are piling up. I am so far behind in reading them.

cheap graphic novels.com is a good source for graphic novels at a great price. Ordered once from them. No issues.

I'm a big fan of the graphic translations of literary works. They've done some great work with Kafka, both the Metamorphosis and The Trial are pretty good. I even had the graphic novel version of Gregor Samsa tattooed on my arm. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, flysack said:

I'm a big fan of the graphic translations of literary works. They've done some great work with Kafka, both the Metamorphosis and The Trial are pretty good. I even had the graphic novel version of Gregor Samsa tattooed on my arm. 

I was just thinking about conversations we had about Kafka during one of those Worlds Greatest drafts. Good times. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Capella said:

We don't know? Why did Hulk leave or whatever? 

Hulk flew off in a Quinjet in stealth mode at the end of Age of Ultron, which is the last we've seen of him. Banner lost trust in his ability to control Hulk after Scarlet Witch made him go on that rampage in a large city, and that regret seems to have transferred over into Hulk. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's some insight given in the live blog by director Taika Waititi:

They said Banner has been in The Hulk form for 2 years now and that being a gladiator is more fun than whatever Banner has done in his life. So not really captured, he just want to be there and fight.

I don't know precisely how he wound up in that exact space arena though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Arsenal of Doom said:

Hulk flew off in a Quinjet in stealth mode at the end of Age of Ultron, which is the last we've seen of him. Banner lost trust in his ability to control Hulk after Scarlet Witch made him go on that rampage in a large city, and that regret seems to have transferred over into Hulk. 

Thanks. I think fell asleep during the end of that one. Gotta watch it again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to Thor: Ragnarok. And with The Defenders out in a few days, was looking at the TV side of the MCU. Seems to be growing.   

SHIELD and Inhumans on ABC

Cloak & Dagger and New Warriors on Freeform

Defenders and Punisher (joining Daredevil, JJ, Luke Cage, Ironfist) on Netflix

Runaways will be HULU ( :wall:, now I need to get HULU?)

 

Hopefully some or all of these get integrated into the movie side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

Looking forward to Thor: Ragnarok. And with The Defenders out in a few days, was looking at the TV side of the MCU. Seems to be growing.   

SHIELD and Inhumans on ABC

Cloak & Dagger and New Warriors on Freeform

Defenders and Punisher (joining Daredevil, JJ, Luke Cage, Ironfist) on Netflix

Runaways will be HULU ( :wall:, now I need to get HULU?)

 

Hopefully some or all of these get integrated into the movie side.

Forgot about the Defenders coming out soon. Sweet!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

Looking forward to Thor: Ragnarok. And with The Defenders out in a few days, was looking at the TV side of the MCU. Seems to be growing.   

SHIELD and Inhumans on ABC

Cloak & Dagger and New Warriors on Freeform

Defenders and Punisher (joining Daredevil, JJ, Luke Cage, Ironfist) on Netflix

Runaways will be HULU ( :wall:, now I need to get HULU?)

 

Hopefully some or all of these get integrated into the movie side.

Legion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, B Maverick said:

Looking forward to Thor: Ragnarok. And with The Defenders out in a few days, was looking at the TV side of the MCU. Seems to be growing.   

SHIELD and Inhumans on ABC

Cloak & Dagger and New Warriors on Freeform

Defenders and Punisher (joining Daredevil, JJ, Luke Cage, Ironfist) on Netflix

Runaways will be HULU ( :wall:, now I need to get HULU?)

 

Hopefully some or all of these get integrated into the movie side.

I think it's too much. I'm going to give Inhumans a try, but not really looking forward to it.

I finally got around to Legion. Wow. That was awesome. And now that universe has a spinoff coming out too. The Gifted? It's too much. Especially if you're also keeping up with the DC TV stuff.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sebowski said:

I think it's too much. I'm going to give Inhumans a try, but not really looking forward to it.

I finally got around to Legion. Wow. That was awesome. And now that universe has a spinoff coming out too. The Gifted? It's too much. Especially if you're also keeping up with the DC TV stuff.

Agreed that it is a lot.  And as more services grow they will of course want to be on there.

Watch Supergirl with my daughter but not much else of the DC side.  Got lost in ep 1 of legion and haven't continued.  Not sure I will try and finish and move into Gifted.  Love all the Netflix stuff but dont want to have to add Hulu to keep up.  Also am a SHIELD fan.  Will give Inhumans, C&D and New Warriors a chance but not looking forward to them unless they really do add to the MCU and are involved.  Granted I do not know much about a lot of the characters so that will temper my excitement as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sebowski said:

I think it's too much. I'm going to give Inhumans a try, but not really looking forward to it.

I finally got around to Legion. Wow. That was awesome. And now that universe has a spinoff coming out too. The Gifted? It's too much. Especially if you're also keeping up with the DC TV stuff.

I feel the exact same way. When I saw it was coming out, I did a google search on it and read pretty much all the back stories on Wiki. I'm going to give it a shot, but am not at all looking forward to it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, B Maverick said:

Agreed that it is a lot.  And as more services grow they will of course want to be on there.

Watch Supergirl with my daughter but not much else of the DC side.  Got lost in ep 1 of legion and haven't continued.  Not sure I will try and finish and move into Gifted.  Love all the Netflix stuff but dont want to have to add Hulu to keep up.  Also am a SHIELD fan.  Will give Inhumans, C&D and New Warriors a chance but not looking forward to them unless they really do add to the MCU and are involved.  Granted I do not know much about a lot of the characters so that will temper my excitement as well.

Supergirl is the only one I don't watch. Gotham is awesome. Love that show. Arrow and Flash are worth the time. The misses can be really bad, but I'm current so it's worth it to keep watching. I don't think they are binge worthy though. Legends of Tomorrow is terrible. At least it was when I gave up on it. I've never heard of Cloak & Dagger, New Warriors, or Runaways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sebowski said:

Supergirl is the only one I don't watch. Gotham is awesome. Love that show. Arrow and Flash are worth the time. The misses can be really bad, but I'm current so it's worth it to keep watching. I don't think they are binge worthy though. Legends of Tomorrow is terrible. At least it was when I gave up on it. I've never heard of Cloak & Dagger, New Warriors, or Runaways.

Watched Gotham but it kinda got lost in a time crunch shuffle mid season.  Started LoT but same thing happened.  Just missed out on Arrow and Flash and before you know it too many seasons have gone by.  Easy to lose shows when you dont have time for everything and you get too far behind.  My daughter likes Supergirl so we watch.

2 hours ago, Dentist said:

it's on FX, a Fox station..   legion is the x-men that is owned by fox

Thats what I thought.

:hijacked:

And now lets get non MCU and DC stuff out of the MCU thread! lol.

I dont know much about  Cloak & Dagger, New Warriors, or Runaways either, so I may set them to record and see if it catches my attn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doubt I will bother with the Freeform shows (Cloak & Dagger, New Warriors), generally their shows aren't really in my wheelhouse (Pretty Little Liars for example) so not really sure how those will be, they sound very teenagey though. Freeform used to be ABC Family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Can someone answer a question for me,  I will admit I just got into Marvel when Iron Man came out and never read any of the comic books. 

Why does War Machine seem to be so inferior to Iron Man? Aren't they the same suit? 

I just noticed this when we watched Civil War tonight, not the 1st time I have seen it, War Machine just seems to taking a beating the entire time during the airport fighting scene, while Iron Man holds his own and then did a great job at the end fighting Cap, and the Winter Solider at the same time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I just noticed this when we watched Civil War tonight, not the 1st time I have seen it, War Machine just seems to taking a beating the entire time during the airport fighting scene, while Iron Man holds his own and then did a great job at the end fighting Cap, and the Winter Solider at the same time. 

Iron Man is on about his 10th suit I think by this time in the movies, each one more powerful than the last.  While War Machine may have gotten an upgrade from the original model I think for fantasy sake it is best to just think Tony keeps upgrading his own suit more often.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Iron Man is on about his 10th suit I think by this time in the movies, each one more powerful than the last.  While War Machine may have gotten an upgrade from the original model I think for fantasy sake it is best to just think Tony keeps upgrading his own suit more often.

I was going to go with the more cliche, amd i think more accurate, "it's more about the man in the suit" . 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Iron Man is on about his 10th suit I think by this time in the movies, each one more powerful than the last.  While War Machine may have gotten an upgrade from the original model I think for fantasy sake it is best to just think Tony keeps upgrading his own suit more often.

Tony is constantly upgrading suits. In IM3, he's already up to 40-something. The War Machine is built off the mark-II Iron Man suit - the first one Tony built after the first one he built in the cave. It was the one that froze up when Tony flew too high on that first flight. They had Justin Hammer slap some guns on it in IM2, but that's about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

Can someone answer a question for me,  I will admit I just got into Marvel when Iron Man came out and never read any of the comic books. 

Why does War Machine seem to be so inferior to Iron Man? Aren't they the same suit? 

I just noticed this when we watched Civil War tonight, not the 1st time I have seen it, War Machine just seems to taking a beating the entire time during the airport fighting scene, while Iron Man holds his own and then did a great job at the end fighting Cap, and the Winter Solider at the same time. 

I think Iron Man probably saves the better suit for himself and he built it so he knows how to operate it best, also plot reasons. 

Edited by Harry Manback
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, packersfan said:

Hello Stephen Strange. 

Found that link on AICN, they speculated that Ragnarok may pick up where the Strange after-credits scene ended, or thereabouts.  It would make sense as the scene where Hela crushes Mjolnir looks like it takes place in NYC (or some other urban area of Earth).

Edited by Polish Hammer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just assumed that as he upgraded the suits he did so for War Machine at the same time.  He made Spider Man a new suit. He had the Iron Legion in one of the Avenger movies. It isn't like he is making them himself, once he designs them he has his own shop and robots that make them. 

I also think Rhodey has a lot of time working inside the suit, he was ways running missions for the government and at the end of one of the Avengers he was a new Avenger and Iron Man was taking a break. 

I do kind of buy the Iron Man is more popular and key to the MCU. I was just wondering if it was the same in the comics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I just assumed that as he upgraded the suits he did so for War Machine at the same time.  He made Spider Man a new suit. He had the Iron Legion in one of the Avenger movies. It isn't like he is making them himself, once he designs them he has his own shop and robots that make them. 

I also think Rhodey has a lot of time working inside the suit, he was ways running missions for the government and at the end of one of the Avengers he was a new Avenger and Iron Man was taking a break. 

I do kind of buy the Iron Man is more popular and key to the MCU. I was just wondering if it was the same in the comics. 

I can think of a reason they might use for why Tony wouldn't upgrade the War Machine armor. Rhodes stole the armor from Stark for the government. Sure, Tony let him, but it's now government property and Stark doesn't officially supply the government with weapons anymore. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, bcdjr1 said:

I can think of a reason they might use for why Tony wouldn't upgrade the War Machine armor. Rhodes stole the armor from Stark for the government. Sure, Tony let him, but it's now government property and Stark doesn't officially supply the government with weapons anymore. 

I understand that, but Rhodey is his buddy. How is he going to let his friend wear an outdated suit and then give a random kid he just met from New York a brand new suit. Maybe it has something to do with his crush on Aunt May. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I understand that, but Rhodey is his buddy. How is he going to let his friend wear an outdated suit and then give a random kid he just met from New York a brand new suit. Maybe it has something to do with his crush on Aunt May. 

I have a crush on Aunt May.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Polish Hammer said:

Found that link on AICN, they speculated that Ragnarok may pick up where the Strange after-credits scene ended, or thereabouts.  It would make sense as the scene where Hela crushes Mjolnir looks like it takes place in NYC (or some other urban area of Earth).

I'll have to re-watch, but I was pretty sure this happened in Asgard.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

I'll have to re-watch, but I was pretty sure this happened in Asgard.

 

2 hours ago, Polish Hammer said:

Found that link on AICN, they speculated that Ragnarok may pick up where the Strange after-credits scene ended, or thereabouts.  It would make sense as the scene where Hela crushes Mjolnir looks like it takes place in NYC (or some other urban area of Earth).

So, after re-watching, you may be right.  There is a bunch of graffiti like in an alley in a city, but then the very next clip goes to an explosion in Asgard, which could very well be a different part of the movie, but they made it look like the same event.

Edited by Jayrod
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Corporation changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe - WOW Loki is Good!; Black Widow in Theaters; "What if" Up Next

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...