What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (8 Viewers)

I think the coolest aspect of that Emergency awesome stuff is that this will allow X Men and mutants to enter the MCU

And I echo the thanks to whoever posted that youtuber. I am not a comic guy so having that info is cool. Although I did know what was going on before watching that. 
I am a comics guy (somewhat, not to the level of my son) but this guy is so detailed with freeze frame highlighting stuff it's just amazing.  I sent a note to @B Maverickwith some of the ones we found, but this guy found so much more (and proved one of the ones my son thought was wrong). 

Good supplemental material for sure.

RC94 said:
I had signed up for Disney+ for a month to watch the 2nd season of the Mandalorian and then canceled because that was the only new content that I wanted to see.  My subscription ran out just after the first 2 episodes of WandaVision came out and I tried to watch it.  I couldn't get past halfway in the 1st episode.  It was terrible.  Some of the other shows that are scheduled to come out this year look good, though.  I'll sign up again next year when there's more new content worth watching.
This for show so far really isn't for the casual marvel fan.

Yep

Things definitely moved quickly this episode.

Do we give people today before posting about the actual show? I'll just say for those waiting for a "😲" moment, you should be happy.
Maybe we give until Monday since spoilers aren't working in case people want to watch it over the weekend?  

There was a moment that I thought was pretty chilling and maybe someone was getting written out of the script.  Business is picking up!

So are all the neighbors sent in from sword?
I don't think so.  Geraldine was, I think she was in the toy copter that got pulled in.  Agnes I think will play a bigger role but is not a SWORD agent.  I think a lot of the other people in town just got pulled into (the thing that is happening that I'm trying not to say since spoilers don't work).

I don't think so.  Geraldine was, I think she was in the toy copter that got pulled in.  Agnes I think will play a bigger role but is not a SWORD agent.  I think a lot of the other people in town just got pulled into (the thing that is happening that I'm trying not to say since spoilers don't work).
I feel like you can say it. Write ***SPOILER*** or something. We should be able to talk about the show, if somebody hasn’t seen it yet then hit the bricks till you do. 

I feel like you can say it. Write ***SPOILER*** or something. We should be able to talk about the show, if somebody hasn’t seen it yet then hit the bricks till you do. 
****SPOILER*******

Really speculation I guess since it's not been shown, but with the House of M storyline from the comics they are going for, I think Wanda had a breakdown and has created an alternate reality bubble around a real life town (we saw signs for Westview in the "real world" when they retrieved Geraldine).  In episode 2 with the beekeeper you saw her rewind time, and in the last she did it again with Vision to make the world as her subconscious wants it.  I think the SWORD agents are trying to get into this bubble (the neighbor with the hedge clippers into the wall seems like someone trying to penetrate, as did the beekeeper coming up through the sewer until she rewound him) because they think someone is doing this to Wanda.  I think Geraldine was in the copter that became a toy (red and yellow with the SWORD emblem). In the magic show she made a couple of references to "I don't know how I got here". SWORD doesn't realize this is Wanda's snap causing this, they think she is a prisoner.

I think some of the townspeople were really residents of Westview and are caught up in it (the doctor wanted to go to Bermuda but then says "no one can escape this small town"), but others like Agnes I don't think so. She clearly knows more than anyone else in there as she was directing the neighbor not to talk and she kept trying to play along with the sitcom vibe as to not alert Wanda. Geraldine dropping real life knowledge about Pietro is what got her ejected.  That was a chilling look she gave Geraldine and even though I think they have plans for Geraldine going forward, for a moment I thought "She might kill her".

In the House of M, she famously says "No more mutants".  I really think they will flip the script and something she does here will bring mutants into the MCU, maybe "Time for mutants".  This opens up the XMen which should be a huge moneymaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone that comes  in here before watching ep 3, does so at their own risk.

good episode.  vision almost remembered.  wondering how much agnes really knows.  or what any of the neighbors know, for that matter.

best episode so far.

****SPOILER*******

Really speculation I guess since it's not been shown, but with the House of M storyline from the comics they are going for, I think Wanda had a breakdown and has created an alternate reality bubble around a real life town (we saw signs for Westview in the "real world" when they retrieved Geraldine).  In episode 2 with the beekeeper you saw her rewind time, and in the last she did it again with Vision to make the world as her subconscious wants it.  I think the SWORD agents are trying to get into this bubble (the neighbor with the hedge clippers into the wall seems like someone trying to penetrate, as did the beekeeper coming up through the sewer until she rewound him) because they think someone is doing this to Wanda.  I think Geraldine was in the copter that became a toy (red and yellow with the SWORD emblem). In the magic show she made a couple of references to "I don't know how I got here". SWORD doesn't realize this is Wanda's snap causing this, they think she is a prisoner.

I think some of the townspeople were really residents of Westview and are caught up in it (the doctor wanted to go to Bermuda but then says "no one can escape this small town"), but others like Agnes I don't think so. She clearly knows more than anyone else in there as she was directing the neighbor not to talk and she kept trying to play along with the sitcom vibe as to not alert Wanda. Geraldine dropping real life knowledge about Pietro is what got her ejected.  That was a chilling look she gave Geraldine and even though I think they have plans for Geraldine going forward, for a moment I thought "She might kill her".

In the House of M, she famously says "No more mutants".  I really think they will flip the script and something she does here will bring mutants into the MCU, maybe "Time for mutants".  This opens up the XMen which should be a huge moneymaker.
Good stuff, don’t hold this back lol. 

So is Vision really alive then? I figured he was a figment of her imagination/world she built. 

So is Vision really alive then? I figured he was a figment of her imagination/world she built. 
I think he will be.  I think somewhere the original Vision's body is being held, but she created the new Vision (like she did her twins) in her world. In the comics, her twins "with" Vision were really just her magic, Vision couldn't be the father.  I think the same here, she has created her twins (and Vision) this time. You have to think they want the Vision character back, but couldn't because of the infinity stone that powered him.  This allows them to bring him back, along with mutant kids who can be used in a Young Avengers project (that's where Tommy and Billy end up in the comics).

Ejecting Geraldine may have been a part of that.  When she gets flung back into the real world out of the bubble, she is wearing her 70s outfit instead of whatever she was wearing if she was in the copter when it got pulled in.  That may be a sign that things Wanda create in there can exist outside the bubble in the real world.  That would let Vision and the twins exist in the real world as well.

Wanda is really one of the most powerful people in the MCU, and you saw some of that when she started whipping Thanos singlehandedly.  It's just a difficult character to manage because she has so much power, that's why her fragile mental state due to her upbringing is important, it kind of caps the character or she could really solve most problems pretty easily.

Its also been slow action wise...but pretty sure all hell is pretty close to breaking loose.
Yeah with news reports stating that Marvel is spending upwards of $25M per episode, given the special effects so far I assume that "banked" budget will be showing up more and more in the upcoming episodes.

Corporation said:
Wanda is really one of the most powerful people in the MCU, and you saw some of that when she started whipping Thanos singlehandedly.  It's just a difficult character to manage because she has so much power, that's why her fragile mental state due to her upbringing is important, it kind of caps the character or she could really solve most problems pretty easily.
@Corporation (or anyone else who follows the recent-ish comics closely) : Are Wanda's powers and Legion's (David's) powers as similar as they seem to be? I'm coming to these characters from their respective film and TV appearances with no background from the comics.

You have to know what happened to Vision in Endgame, and you have to know all the trauma that Wanda has endured.  I don't want to do anything that might spoil it for people but it may be helpful for you if you read a few "What's this about" websites.  This was really well done in my opinion.
I know these things but don't have any idea what is going on exactly.  I know this,my wife and I LOVE this show.

Corporation said:
@Corporation (or anyone else who follows the recent-ish comics closely) : Are Wanda's powers and Legion's (David's) powers as similar as they seem to be? I'm coming to these characters from their respective film and TV appearances with no background from the comics.
So I haven't seen the Legion TV series so I can't speak from that.  Legion is the son of Professor X, and he has split personality syndrome.  Each one of the split personalities have their own mutant powers (a lot overlap with Scarlet Witch). I think they are somewhat similar in that their mental state somewhat caps tapping their full power.

Generally, Wanda is considered one of, if not the, strongest mutants.  Legion is also very powerful.

You have to know what happened to Vision in Endgame, and you have to know all the trauma that Wanda has endured.  I don't want to do anything that might spoil it for people but it may be helpful for you if you read a few "What's this about" websites.  This was really well done in my opinion.
I know these things but don't have any idea what is going on exactly.  I know this,my wife and I LOVE this show.
We think that Wanda has a fragile mental state (from the movies being buried under rubble staring at a Stark bomb that didn't go off, losing her parents, being subjected to hydra experiments with the mind stone) that finally snapped (thanos pun intended) when Vision was killed. We think that this snap has resulted in Wanda creating an alternate reality bubble around a real life town (Westview) where she controls everything in there. She's trying to recreate what she thinks is the perfect life experience, and because her own life has sucked, all she knows to draw from are cheesy family sitcoms from the 50s, 60s, and now 70s. She can manipulate time and matter as has been shown multiple times in the episodes. 

Interestingly, when she kicked Gwendoline out of the bubble, Gwendoline (who is really a SWORD agent) was still wearing the 70s style clothes Wanda made, meaning that things made in the bubble may be able to exist in the "real" world - like Vision and her children. The SWORD agents apparently think someone has Wanda hostage and is doing this to her, not realizing this is the product of her own mind.

Corporation said:

I think he will be.  I think somewhere the original Vision's body is being held, but she created the new Vision (like she did her twins) in her world. In the comics, her twins "with" Vision were really just her magic, Vision couldn't be the father.  I think the same here, she has created her twins (and Vision) this time. You have to think they want the Vision character back, but couldn't because of the infinity stone that powered him.  This allows them to bring him back, along with mutant kids who can be used in a Young Avengers project (that's where Tommy and Billy end up in the comics).

Ejecting Geraldine may have been a part of that.  When she gets flung back into the real world out of the bubble, she is wearing her 70s outfit instead of whatever she was wearing if she was in the copter when it got pulled in.  That may be a sign that things Wanda create in there can exist outside the bubble in the real world.  That would let Vision and the twins exist in the real world as well.

Thanks GBs and to the rest of you for the comments, helps clear stuff up.

To the bolded, I don't think so or else he wouldn't exist at work, that neighborhood watch meeting or any other time when Wanda wasn't around.

Corporation said:

Thanks GBs and to the rest of you for the comments, helps clear stuff up.

To the bolded, I don't think so or else he wouldn't exist at work, that neighborhood watch meeting or any other time when Wanda wasn't around.
When I read that now, I'm not sure I answered it very clearly.  When Cap asked if Vision really alive, my answer (and this is only speculation so of course I could be wrong) is that a version of Vision is really alive, brought about by Wanda's magic. This Vision is as close to the real Vision that Wanda could conjure, but it would explain some things like why he can't remember some things and why a piece of gum would mess up his insides (although I think that was just sitcom campiness).

I think the original Vision is under lock and key somewhere (because of all the tech in his body, I don't think they would bury it nor destroy it, although destroying it may be a safer option). So I was clumsily trying to say I think Vision is alive, and will be alive for use in future shows/movies, but it's not the original Vision that was killed by Thanos.

When I read that now, I'm not sure I answered it very clearly.  When Cap asked if Vision really alive, my answer (and this is only speculation so of course I could be wrong) is that a version of Vision is really alive, brought about by Wanda's magic. This Vision is as close to the real Vision that Wanda could conjure, but it would explain some things like why he can't remember some things and why a piece of gum would mess up his insides (although I think that was just sitcom campiness).

I think the original Vision is under lock and key somewhere (because of all the tech in his body, I don't think they would bury it nor destroy it, although destroying it may be a safer option). So I was clumsily trying to say I think Vision is alive, and will be alive for use in future shows/movies, but it's not the original Vision that was killed by Thanos.
There is also the question of how far Shuri got in Infinity War in analyzing him.  Was she able to dl any or all his consciousness before trying to remove the stone and keep him intact?

I am sure she is most likely still working on him in Wakanda post EndGame.

There is also the question of how far Shuri got in Infinity War in analyzing him.  Was she able to dl any or all his consciousness before trying to remove the stone and keep him intact?

There's also that very unfortunate and tragic issue with T'Chala to deal with too 😔

You're right, I couldn't remember where his body ended up.  I knew it had to be under lock and key.  I don't think the Vision in the bubble is the same Vision being worked on, I think it is a construct of her magic, but who knows maybe she broke into Wakanda and stole the body.

There's also that very unfortunate and tragic issue with T'Chala to deal with too 😔
Yes, but they don't need to deal with it yet.......

You're right, I couldn't remember where his body ended up.  I knew it had to be under lock and key.  I don't think the Vision in the bubble is the same Vision being worked on, I think it is a construct of her magic, but who knows maybe she broke into Wakanda and stole the body.
I would think you are correct and he's a construct of her mind and powers, but you never know.

Everyone now knows Geraldine is Monica Rambeau from Captain Marvel now grown up, right?  I suspect Fury is either orchestrating this or protecting Wanda (or both) with the help of SWORD, whom Monica is now a part of (it remains to be seen if she takes the Captain Marvel mantle or is now Photon or Spectrum, like in the comics.  I have a feeling we’ll see Daisy from Agents of SHIELD either here or in a future SWORD show with Fury (and maybe even Coulson).  I think Vision is dead and Wanda went a little nuts because of it.

lakerstan said:
Everyone now knows Geraldine is Monica Rambeau from Captain Marvel now grown up, right?  I suspect Fury is either orchestrating this or protecting Wanda (or both) with the help of SWORD, whom Monica is now a part of (it remains to be seen if she takes the Captain Marvel mantle or is now Photon or Spectrum, like in the comics.  I have a feeling we’ll see Daisy from Agents of SHIELD either here or in a future SWORD show with Fury (and maybe even Coulson).  I think Vision is dead and Wanda went a little nuts because of it.
Daisy has been rumored.  Would love to see her move into the larger MCU and of course would love to have Coulson back.

lakerstan said:
Yes on Monica, but this hasn't been established in the show.  I imagine the next episode will establish her as Monica as they debrief her, but we can definitely speculate that she is SWORD based on her necklace.  I think Fury and SWORD are leading a rescue mission, not realizing that it is actually Wanda who has created all this.

Agree with your last sentence, the original Vision is dead, which led to Wanda snapping and creating this.  I think this version of the Vision will be allowed in the real world however, because the MCU would love to have access to Vision for future projects.

Some of the neighbors have to be Hydra too, don't they?

Hydra has to be involved somehow...

Some of the neighbors have to be Hydra too, don't they?

Hydra has to be involved somehow...
Hydra is definitely in play with all the commercials having reference to them.  Hydra leaders (Strucker in particular) are the ones who experimented on Wanda and Pietro so I'm not sure if her mind is just pulling them subconsciously into the commercials, or if they are actively at work.  The last commercial was for Hydra soap, and there was an Agents of Shield reference where Coulson in the framework mentioned that Hydra produced soap to help control the minds of the masses.

I don't think Hydra is responsible for the bubble, but I think they could still be around (cut off one head, another rises).  I think Agnes is the key, and I don't think she is Hydra.  In the comics Agatha Harkness was a mentor to Scarlet Witch, so I don't think she'll be Hydra but who knows.

It also could be just during that era Hydra did exist...but then again there has to be some meaning behind it.   :shrug:
I have the think the meaning behind it has to do with Strucker/Hydra and the initial experiments put on Wanda/Pietro. I do think this is Wanda's subconscious creating this tv land. She reached a breaking point after end game and created this dream town/life in Westview.  Her past troubles her, but keeps bubbling up subconsciously, such as the commercials. I think Agnes/Harkness is there to help guide her in some manner. This Vision was made from her memories, and the real android body is somewhere else. With the mind stone gone, so is his personality. The fact he is funnier and more human like makes me think it's Wanda's version of him, while his real android body is held up somewhere.

Her kids are a different storyline, but anither twist/turn in how she views reality. She wants a normal life with her vision. She's making what she thinks she needs to be happy and doesn't want to wake up. When someone is close to disrupting it, she gets rid of that person or resets time to ignore it. 

Really enjoying the ride and can't wait to see the inevitable train wreck when reality comes crashing down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw a preview clip...Captain Rambeau....

...looks like we get to see what the SWORD boys have been doing outside this epsiode.

Hydra is definitely in play with all the commercials having reference to them.  Hydra leaders (Strucker in particular) are the ones who experimented on Wanda and Pietro so I'm not sure if her mind is just pulling them subconsciously into the commercials, or if they are actively at work.  The last commercial was for Hydra soap, and there was an Agents of Shield reference where Coulson in the framework mentioned that Hydra produced soap to help control the minds of the masses.

I don't think Hydra is responsible for the bubble, but I think they could still be around (cut off one head, another rises).  I think Agnes is the key, and I don't think she is Hydra.  In the comics Agatha Harkness was a mentor to Scarlet Witch, so I don't think she'll be Hydra but who knows.
Completely overlooked that, nice call back to the show.

I have the think the meaning behind it has to do with Strucker/Hydra and the initial experiments put on Wanda/Pietro. I do think this is Wanda's subconscious creating this tv land. She reached a breaking point after end game and created this dream town/life in Westview.  Her past troubles her, but keeps bubbling up subconsciously, such as the commercials. I think Agnes/Harkness is there to help guide her in some manner. This Vision was made from her memories, and the real android body is somewhere else. With the mind stone gone, so is his personality. The fact he is funnier and more human like makes me think it's Wanda's version of him, while his real android body is held up somewhere.

Her kids are a different storyline, but anither twist/turn in how she views reality. She wants a normal life with her vision. She's making what she thinks she needs to be happy and doesn't want to wake up. When someone is close to disrupting it, she gets rid of that person or resets time to ignore it. 

Really enjoying the ride and can't wait to see the inevitable train wreck when reality comes crashing down.
This makes sense although I wouldn't be so sure about the mind stone and its affects since we do not really know how far Shuri got it removing the stone and keeping Vision intact.  

****SPOILER*******

There was an older Justice League cartoon where a kid did something similar trapping people in his ideallic/ imaginary town.  Your theory seems to fit what's been shown so far.

I watched all the Marvel movies  (I think),  but apparently not closely enough - what is SWORD?

Users who are viewing this thread