What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Doug Martin, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

I'm considering playing Martin. Crowell is doing nothing and at this point, I don't even trust him. Picked up Aaron Jones incase he starts this week. Anyone knows whats going on there? 

petal to the metal?
Peddle to the meddle - lol

Petal to the metal - and to think I won a spelling Bee contest in 5th grade. Not sure where my brain was at the time? 

Now, back to Doug Martin. Starting him in one league as we lost Carson. Starting him over Abdullah and Mixon. I have tempered expectations perhaps 10-12 rushes and who knows about a TD? I still see a high scoring affair, so someone has to score.

In our other league we passed on Martin and going with the dynamic Kamara for the ROS in hopes they keep feeding him and he keeps making exciting plays and TD's. We lost Cook in that league. Tough! 

Peddle to the meddle - lol

Petal to the metal - and to think I won a spelling Bee contest in 5th grade. Not sure where my brain was at the time? 

Now, back to Doug Martin. Starting him in one league as we lost Carson. Starting him over Abdullah and Mixon. I have tempered expectations perhaps 10-12 rushes and who knows about a TD? I still see a high scoring affair, so someone has to score.

In our other league we passed on Martin and going with the dynamic Kamara for the ROS in hopes they keep feeding him and he keeps making exciting plays and TD's. We lost Cook in that league. Tough! 
What's all this we stuff

Leeeezzz gooooooo

ESPN's Dan Graziano expects Doug Martin to be "significantly in the mix" Thursday against the Patriots.

He's done with his four-game PED suspension and will make his season debut in primetime Thursday against the reigning Super Bowl champs. Martin was noncommittal about his role earlier this week, though Graziano gets the "sense" the Bucs didn't activate him to work in a timeshare with Jacquizz Rodgers. It sounds like Martin will be the Bucs' featured back on Thursday night, though it's fair to expect rust coming off such a long absence. With four teams on bye, he's RotoPat's No. 15 running back for Week 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you read the full "report" that was referenced by rotoworld (in the post above this).... the "report" is literally just that guy's opinion... no sourced info, just guessing like we are doing in this thread.... i hate when rotoworld somewhat misleads in their summaries of "reports"

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s gotta he the “Quizz gets first series because he’s a reliable deserving veteran and then it’s Martin all the way” sorta not-start, right?

And to think that if not for hurricane Irma martin would already be one game into his regular season and would be getting bulk of the work tonight as the unquestioned starter in a great matchup.  That hurricane really hurt us fantasy owners!  

Let's all say a prayer that he stays healthy all season now!!  A healthy martin on that team is a league winner!

Team Smokin' said:
I have one partner...therefore, it's we. He likes Kamara. I'm questioning Martin's productivity, but I like him over Kamara. So, we went with Martin in one league and Kamara in the other.

We play for a big money league.
There's an old poker saying, something about if you can't spot the sucker at the table . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread