Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread

1 hour ago, Bossman said:

I'm not worried about NE's WR corps.  Dorsett is handling the role AB would have played pretty well.

I can't believe you actually believe this. Brown was set to be a target monster and get 10-12 targets a game as THE go to receiver . . . the first time Brady had a true WR1 since Moss was around. Dorsett has averaged a little over 5 targets a game. Dorsett is probably their 4th option in the receiving game after Edelman, White, and Gordon. Even Burkhead was getting targeted more frequently than Dorsett was before Rex barely saw the field with a foot injury against BUF. Dorsett is essentially playing the role Amendola did . . . reliable enough but not someone that is going to see a ton of targets. (I realize they use them differently, I just meant in their usage.)

NE is clearly sniffing around for a Brown replacement and another high profile WR. Whether they can find someone, make a trade that makes sense, and can fit that player under the salary cap seems like it could be difficult. And Harry will most likely be coming back in a month. Historically, Harry may not have a big role, but I expect they can use him situationally and get him to run a limited number of routes and get something out of him.

That being said, the Pats have several more weeks to get the offense healthier and more in sync before they are done playing the sisters of the poor as far as opposition goes.

Edited by Anarchy99
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright. I figure this is as good of a place to do this as any. I've been on the Brady and Patriot hate train for a very long time. What we saw last night was the poise of a legendary QB and coach,

I heart BB when he talks X's and O's. Just heard radio interview with Hoodie and morphed into 15 minute discussion on Randy Moss. Said Moss is the smartest receiver he's ever seen.  Mentioned tha

Yeah, well he literally tried to **** our daughter, so he's not as high on my list as yours.

29 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I can't believe you actually believe this. Brown was set to be a target monster and get 10-12 targets a game as THE go to receiver . . . the first time Brady had a true WR1 since Moss was around. Dorsett has averaged a little over 5 targets a game. Dorsett is probably their 4th option in the receiving game after Edelman, White, and Gordon. Even Burkhead was getting targeted more frequently that Dorsett was before Rex barely saw the field with a foot injury against BUF. Dorsett is essentially playing the role Amendola did . . . reliable enough but not someone that is going to see a ton of targets. (I realize they use them differently, I just meant in their usage.)

NE is clearly sniffing around for a Brown replacement and another high profile WR. Whether they can find someone, make a trade that makes sense, and can fit that player under the salary cap seems like it could be difficult. And Harry will most likely be coming back in a month. Historically, Harry may not have a big role, but I expect they can use him situationally and get him to run a limited number of routes and get something out of him.

That being said, the Pats have several more weeks to get the offense healthier and more in sync before they are done playing the sisters of the poor as far as opposition goes.

Yeah. Brown would have taken this team to the next level. Oh well. I'm holding out hope Harry can be a difference maker down the stretch. He won't compile big numbers, but he could be a guy that makes something out of nothing which is what is needed in games like Sunday.

3 hours ago, Bossman said:

I'm not worried about NE's WR corps.  Dorsett is handling the role AB would have played pretty well.

3 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

I can't believe you actually believe this. Brown was set to be a target monster and get 10-12 targets a game as THE go to receiver . . . the first time Brady had a true WR1 since Moss was around. Dorsett has averaged a little over 5 targets a game. Dorsett is probably their 4th option in the receiving game after Edelman, White, and Gordon. Even Burkhead was getting targeted more frequently that Dorsett was before Rex barely saw the field with a foot injury against BUF. Dorsett is essentially playing the role Amendola did . . . reliable enough but not someone that is going to see a ton of targets. (I realize they use them differently, I just meant in their usage.)

It's true.

No one was complaining about the WR corps before AB. Now it's a major concern?

You can believe what you want to believe but NE has never been host to a "target monster" ... even when they had Moss.

Now there has have been individual games where a player has been the target monster. Edelman, James White, etc.

... but there system has always been "get it to the guy that's open". My opinion, they will never stray from that.

Defense will determine who the "target monster" is on that particular Sunday.

The team is not "clearly" sniffing around for an AB replacement. Subjective. AB fell in their lap. Cost them nothing in draft picks. They never NEEDED him.

The talk of getting a Diggs or Fitzgerald or whoever else .... All media hype imo ... don't feel bad, you're not the only one that is buying their BS.

a) Mid season WR's do not work out in this system. b) Patriots covet draft picks too much and c) their salary cap is already topped out.

They're running with what they got. 

When NE cut AB they went from being SB favorites .... to being SB favorites.  .... WR corps will not be their downfall.

Edited by Bossman
25 minutes ago, Bossman said:

It's true.

No one was complaining about the WR corps before AB. Now it's a major concern?

You can believe what you want to believe but NE has never been host to a "target monster" ... even when they had Moss.

Now there has have been individual games where a player has been the target monster. Edelman, James White, etc.

... but there system has always been "get it to the guy that's open". My opinion, they will never stray from that.

Defense will determine who the "target monster" is on that particular Sunday.

The team is not "clearly" sniffing around for an AB replacement. Subjective. AB fell in their lap. Cost them nothing in draft picks. They never NEEDED him.

The talk of getting a Diggs or Fitzgerald or whoever else .... All media hype imo ... don't feel bad, you're not the only one that is buying their BS.

a) Mid season WR's do not work out in this system. b) Patriots covet draft picks too much and c) their salary cap is already topped out.

They're running with what they got. 

When NE cut AB they went from being SB favorites .... to being SB favorites.  .... WR corps will not be their downfall.

I didn't say the WR group was an issue . . . I did find the comparison of Brown's role and Dorsett's role to be nowhere similar. Yes, I believe Brown was going to become the primary target for Brady. Brown and Edelman would have received the huge majority of catches and others would have split the rest.

I also disagree with your assessment of the "get it to the open guy" concept. That was pre-2007 when no one really caught a ton of passes and targets were spread out across the receiving corps. Since then, Brady has concentrated on a lot fewer guys. In the past few years, he has locked in on 2-3 guys and the rest of the receivers were pretty much there to round out the field. It recent times, Brady has looked to Gronk and Edelman. When one of those guys was hurt, it turned into Gronk and Cooks. Or Edelman and Amendola. NE has not had a 3rd WR put up any decent numbers, well, pretty much since Tom got there. The last few years have seen more targets allocated to running backs. White is clearly in the circle of trust. But most years, guys like Dorsett, Patterson, Hogan, Mitchell, etc. have been there to round out the field and occasionally might have had a good game but then went back to being dormant for 4-6 games.

As far as NE coveting draft picks, they trade a first for Cooks. And they offered a first for Brown. That could have been 2 first round picks in 3 years spend on bringing in a high profile WR. And they just invested a first in a WR. That to me looks like they have been willing to upgrade their receivers by investing first round picks.

Brady has been very vocal about wanting / needing / desiring a new toy to throw to. He probably won't get one, but that doesn't mean they won't explore who is available and what the cost might be. If they could figure out a way to pull it off, they would try it. They brought Brown in and played him the first game he was eligible to play. So clearly they are not adverse to bringing a new guy in and running him right out there.

Again, I didn't say they NEEDED to add a WR, only that they are likely kicking the tires on who is available. I had NE going 14-2 this year on the strength of their defense and an easy schedule and that was BEFORE the AB situation. I don't see reasons to come off of that prediction unless they can't keep their OL healthy.

As far as the cap situation goes, they could probably figure out a way to facilitate a trade and somehow get the numbers to work. That would likely involve extending a bunch of players or converting a bunch of salaries to bonuses. But the cap room as has been reported doesn't reflect any number of moves the team could make. For example, AJ Green would cost them $750,000 a game. They would need $7.5 million in cap room to have him for 10 games. I don't think it would take all that much effort to rearrange some contracts to create the space. Will they? Probably not. Should they? They probably don't need to. Would Green fit in? Who knows . . . but if BB felt that was what the team needed and would be best for the team, he certainly would make a deal like that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

NE elects not to bring back Ben Watson. Watson gets $600,000 for never having to play in a game for them this time around. NE gains $2 million in cap space.

So what are we thinking here?  Is this keeping some $ aside for Eiffert?  AJ Green?  Other?  Do they need cap space to make a trade?  Seriors question as I have NO idea how these things work...just seeing if there are any tea leaves to read here.

7 minutes ago, Morton Muffley said:

So what are we thinking here?  Is this keeping some $ aside for Eiffert?  AJ Green?  Other?  Do they need cap space to make a trade?  Seriors question as I have NO idea how these things work...just seeing if there are any tea leaves to read here.

From what I heard, they weren't in love with Watson and they would rather have the cap room to explore other options. Could be a TE . . . could be a WR . . . could be whatever BB feels that they need help with. I am waiting for them to get another lineman and play 6 guys on the line instead of a TE . . . but they haven't done that yet.

• Thanks 1

From what I heard, they weren't in love with Watson and they would rather have the cap room to explore other options. Could be a TE . . . could be a WR . . . could be whatever BB feels that they need help with. I am waiting for them to get another lineman and play 6 guys on the line instead of a TE . . . but they haven't done that yet.

This if anything. 

This offense clicks if they can run block and pass protect. They haven't been able to do that for the last 2 games due to injuries and lack of talent on O-line.

Really thinking BB will sit tight though. He takes pride in winning with less (imo).

On 10/7/2019 at 5:52 PM, Morton Muffley said:

Their o line is a mess right now. They're probably going back to the 6th lineman approach to keep Brady alive 

55 minutes ago, Mongidig said:

I'd assume that James White gets a bump with the o line mess?

The theory is increasing the pool of quick passes, while reducing the TE share.... so, yeah probably. 

Running game may get a bump too to force the pass rush to second guess a bit. 

Edited by [icon]
  • 2 weeks later...

NFL Matchup on ESPN‏Verified account @NFLMatchup

Here are the top 3rd down defenses so far this season. Will the @Patriots stay at the top of this list after tonight?

>>>>>>  3rd down  defense graphic

------------------------------------------------------------------

Incredible that they are twice as good on 3rd down as any team defense in the league.

9 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

NFL Matchup on ESPN‏Verified account @NFLMatchup

Here are the top 3rd down defenses so far this season. Will the @Patriots stay at the top of this list after tonight?

>>>>>>  3rd down  defense graphic

------------------------------------------------------------------

Incredible that they are twice as good on 3rd down as any team defense in the league.

They're allowing 8 points a game, first in the NFL, while scoring 31.67, also first in the NFL.  That's just ridiculous.  

I get that Power Rankings don't mean anything at all and they are basically click bait and developed to stimulate comments and discussion. Lots of places have them and include hot takes to get more clicks. One I saw last night was a head scratcher. A writer for Sport Illustrated had a team other than the Patriots ranked #1. I could somewhat see an argument for the Niners, Saints, or Packers. But the team that was at the top of this writer's rankings was the Bills, which I couldn't quite figure out. NE beat the Bills in Buffalo, so not sure how they leapfrog the Pats. Not a big deal, just something I found that was odd.

• Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1
15 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I get that Power Rankings don't mean anything at all and they are basically click bait and developed to stimulate comments and discussion. Lots of places have them and include hot takes to get more clicks. One I saw last night was a head scratcher. A writer for Sport Illustrated had a team other than the Patriots ranked #1. I could somewhat see an argument for the Niners, Saints, or Packers. But the team that was at the top of this writer's rankings was the Bills, which I couldn't quite figure out. NE beat the Bills in Buffalo, so not sure how they leapfrog the Pats. Not a big deal, just something I found that was odd.

That's when you stop paying attention to the guy's byline for other articles and info, as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, rockaction said:

That's when you stop paying attention to the guy's byline for other articles and info, as far as I'm concerned.

The problem is I can't figure out who it is. SI writers each submit their power rankings and then they total the points and present one set of rankings on the website. I saw that NE had 6 first place votes and 1 second place vote. So I scrolled down and figured someone must have voted for one of the teams I already mentioned. I couldn't find the other vote initially and thought it must have been a mistake . . . until I saw the Bills ranked 11th with one first place vote.

LINK

2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

The problem is I can't figure out who it is.

LINK

That's bush league. When ESPN used to do things like that per their analysts in baseball, they'd single out each vote and have some accountability. Again, no big deal, but it makes one put less stock in the product overall. And the tangential products they're selling, too.

Bad look. 

57 minutes ago, rockaction said:

That's bush league. When ESPN used to do things like that per their analysts in baseball, they'd single out each vote and have some accountability. Again, no big deal, but it makes one put less stock in the product overall. And the tangential products they're selling, too.

Bad look. 

Conor Orr was the one that voted the Bills as the Big Kahuna in the power rankings. He admitted and bragged about it on Twitter.

11 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Conor Orr was the one that voted the Bills as the Big Kahuna in the power rankings. He admitted and bragged about it on Twitter.

Did he give any reasoning? The name sounds familiar. He's part of the MMQB staff, right?

Seems like an odd hill to plant one's flag on, that's for sure. Maybe he was just being cheeky or something. 

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Did he give any reasoning? The name sounds familiar. He's part of the MMQB staff, right?

Seems like an odd hill to plant one's flag on, that's for sure. Maybe he was just being cheeky or something. 

He is listed as a writer for SI and MMQB. He used to write for the NFL.com site. His bio from there said he wrote and reported for Around The NFL and NFL.com and was previously the lead NFL writer for The Star-Ledger in New Jersey, where he covered the Jets and Giants. His work also appeared on NBC Sports.

Anyway, this is what he tweeted . . .

"I continue to own our power rankings by utilizing my singular vote to slide the averages to my desired outcome. Bills fans, this is for you...."

So it's clear he has an agenda and is trying to sway the voting. Not sure if that means he is anti-Patriots, pro-Bills, or both. Not sure if he actually accomplished much of anything, but so be it.

Yeah, I guess having a little bit of fun with it isn't a crime. It's just sports. Just a list. I hope he covers the game a little straighter than that in his more analytical pieces, which I think he does indeed do. 

2 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

He is listed as a writer for SI and MMQB. He used to write for the NFL.com site. His bio from there said he wrote and reported for Around The NFL and NFL.com and was previously the lead NFL writer for The Star-Ledger in New Jersey, where he covered the Jets and Giants. His work also appeared on NBC Sports.

Anyway, this is what he tweeted . . .

"I continue to own our power rankings by utilizing my singular vote to slide the averages to my desired outcome. Bills fans, this is for you...."

So it's clear he has an agenda and is trying to sway the voting. Not sure if that means he is anti-Patriots, pro-Bills, or both. Not sure if he actually accomplished much of anything, but so be it.

Other than destroying his credibility. But, as you said, so be it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Reminds me of the College Coaches preseason rankings and Lou Holtz would vote on some unreasonable team to win... like Duke or Vanderbilt.  He always said he like to show them he thought they were good programs and worthy of recognition .. meaningless when it matters, but always drawing comments. 

4 minutes ago, AngryPatriot said:

Can they keep all of them??---- Dorsett, Myers, Grodon, Sanu, Edelman... N'Keel Harry.....

That will work! Good RB's, great D... we're in business.

I thought Dorsett, Gordon & Edelman are all in last or 1 year deals...  so unless they resign for "team friendly" prices, not likely.   Sanu has 2020 still to go but not guaranteed IIRC. 

3 minutes ago, AngryPatriot said:

Can they keep all of them??---- Dorsett, Myers, Grodon, Sanu, Edelman... N'Keel Harry.....

That will work! Good RB's, great D... we're in business.

I heard wild speculation and nothing more than people talking out loud that said maybe Gordon could be hurt more than they are telling folks and that he potentially could go on IR. I have no idea if there is anything to that, and that was presented as one possible option to free up a roster spot for Harry. Part of the discussion was that Edelman, Gordon, Sanu, Dorsett, Harry, Myers, Gunner, Slater are way too may bodies to cover the WR position. Like I said, just a bunch of people talking out loud.

As far as contract status . . .

Edelman signed through 2020 with a 2021 option. Sanu (2020), Slater (UFA), Dorsett (UFA), Gordon (UFA), Meyers (2021), Gunner (2021)

Wondering if the team is looking for an angle to rid themselves of Michael Bennett with less of a cap hit.

Not playing him much and then the team suspends him for a game.

He's really had no impact and whatever he's getting paid would be better served elsewhere.

They could even trade him for a late draft pick at this point.

... unless they are saving him for the stretch run?? Seems unlikely.

Edited by Bossman
7 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Wondering if the team is looking for an angle to rid themselves of Michael Bennett with less of a cap hit.

He's really had no impact and whatever he's getting paid would be better served elsewhere.

They get something like $3 million in cap room if they trade him but only $1 million to release him. He has essentially wore out his welcome and doesn't fit with the scheme they are presently running. Remember, they didn't sign him . . . they traded for him, so he was a captive audience and did not pick to come to NE. They definitely are trying to trade him somewhere, even if it's something like Bennett and a 4th for a 5th coming back.

4 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

I heard wild speculation and nothing more than people talking out loud that said maybe Gordon could be hurt more than they are telling folks and that he potentially could go on IR. I have no idea if there is anything to that, and that was presented as one possible option to free up a roster spot for Harry. Part of the discussion was that Edelman, Gordon, Sanu, Dorsett, Harry, Myers, Gunner, Slater are way too may bodies to cover the WR position. Like I said, just a bunch of people talking out loud.

As far as contract status . . .

Edelman signed through 2020 with a 2021 option. Sanu (2020), Slater (UFA), Dorsett (UFA), Gordon (UFA), Meyers (2021), Gunner (2021)

I guess it wasn't quite so wild. Gordon now placed on IR.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I guess it wasn't quite so wild. Gordon now placed on IR.

Ouch. Such a dumb play that happened on too. O-line gets credit for that one. 

Seems Gordon was banged up even before he wrecked his knee. He just didn't seem to be moving as well as he did in the past.

Thankfully nothing "off the field" keeping him out this time.

This certainly puts a dent in their WR corps. Now the Sanu trade makes more sense to me.

1 minute ago, Bossman said:

Ouch. Such a dumb play that happened on too. O-line gets credit for that one. 

Seems Gordon was banged up even before he wrecked his knee. He just didn't seem to be moving as well as he did in the past.

Thankfully nothing "off the field" keeping him out this time.

This certainly puts a dent in their WR corps. Now the Sanu trade makes more sense to me.

Gordon said to have been playing with two bone bruises for awhile even before the latest knee injury. That would partly explain why he really didn't do a ton recently and looked a little slow and sluggish.

4 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Gordon said to have been playing with two bone bruises for awhile even before the latest knee injury. That would partly explain why he really didn't do a ton recently and looked a little slow and sluggish.

Don't suppose NE would part with a 1st round pick O.J.Howard?    TB has C. Brate & Howard does not seem to fit.   Just throwing something out there as O.J. could really stretch the field for NE.

1 minute ago, irishidiot said:

Don't suppose NE would part with a 1st round pick O.J.Howard?    TB has C. Brate & Howard does not seem to fit.   Just throwing something out there as O.J. could really stretch the field for NE.

NE has been said to have reached out to TB already and were told he is not available. At least that's what has been reported. That could be cryptic for he's not available for what NE wanted to give up for him.

On 10/23/2019 at 2:45 PM, Bossman said:

Look at me ... Nostradumbaas

• Laughing 1

To say that NE has started games well this year is an under statement . . . here's how they fared before allowing any points (if they allowed any).

PIT 20-0
MIA 43-0
NYJ 30-0
BUF 13-0
WAS 0 . . . but scored the next 33
NYG 14-0
NYJ 33-0

In the first quarter, they have outscored teams 70-7. In the first half they have outscored opponents 123-24.
I get it, they haven't played many good teams yet. But I am starting to wonder how many good teams there really are this year.

Patriots use second designated for return on Wynn. Back practicing today. Some confusion when he could return to play. Some places say for the PHI game, others say DAL game. The issue is whether bye weeks count toward required number of weeks inactive. 

Looks like the rule is 8 games missed, o that means DAL as the return game. 

Edited by Anarchy99

Patriots use second designated for return on Wynn. Back practicing today. Some confusion when he could return to play. Some places say for the PHI game, others say DAL game. The issue is whether bye weeks count toward required number of weeks inactive. 

Looks like the rule is 8 games missed, o that means DAL as the return game. 

Maybe better if he takes that extra week anyway. With his track record so far, they'll be lucky to have him for 6 or 7 games.

If the O-line could give Brady another 2 seconds, this offense would be elite again.

3 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Maybe better if he takes that extra week anyway. With his track record so far, they'll be lucky to have him for 6 or 7 games.

If the O-line could give Brady another 2 seconds, this offense would be elite again.

Part of the issue is they have been mostly playing 10 on 11 offensively. They have gotten close to nothing out of the tight end position. The TE's can't catch and can't block and mostly have just been guys in a uniform on the field. Like I mentioned several times, they would be better off to just play an extra lineman. Personally, I don't think Watson on his own helps a ton as he isn't much of a blocker and he isn't a plus player receiving. He's an older body that can catch 2-3 short passes a game. If they actually start getting contributions from Harry, Sanu, maybe Meyers and Burkhead then maybe Watson could get some more room to operate and make some decent contributions. But for right now I am not even sure I would call him an average TE (and sadly that's their best option).

I don't think the OL has been that bad considering the number of injuries and having to keep moving puzzle pieces around. If they can just get the same guys each week to play in the same spots (with Wynn back) I think they will be fine. Put another way, other teams with replacement level and backups playing on the OL probably wouldn't sniff an 8-0 record (although SF might be the exception).

The same holds true at receiver. They have had so many different guys in and out of camp and on and off the roster that Brady can't get into a groove with anyone other than JE11. We are at the point where they need to say "Tom, this is who you have to work with. Deal with it and make it work."

I am actually kind of interested to see the offense in the new era of kicker-less football in NE. They can't rely on FG's, so they will be way more apt to go for it on 4th down or try 2 point conversions. I still think they will take the training wheels off the offense, as it's clear they have been playing vanilla, conservative football. I think they still can be a Top 5 offense, and with the defense being the way it is, they should be considered a favorite against just about anyone. They don't need to be the 2007 offense. They just need to be the 2004 offense.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Part of the issue is they have been mostly playing 10 on 11 offensively. They have gotten close to nothing out of the tight end position. The TE's can't catch and can't block and mostly have just been guys in a uniform on the field. Like I mentioned several times, they would be better off to just play an extra lineman. Personally, I don't think Watson on his own helps a ton as he isn't much of a blocker and he isn't a plus player receiving. He's an older body that can catch 2-3 short passes a game. If they actually start getting contributions from Harry, Sanu, maybe Meyers and Burkhead then maybe Watson could get some more room to operate and make some decent contributions. But for right now I am not even sure I would call him an average TE (and sadly that's their best option).

I don't think the OL has been that bad considering the number of injuries and having to keep moving puzzle pieces around. If they can just get the same guys each week to play in the same spots (with Wynn back) I think they will be fine. Put another way, other teams with replacement level and backups playing on the OL probably wouldn't sniff an 8-0 record (although SF might be the exception).

The same holds true at receiver. They have had so many different guys in and out of camp and on and off the roster that Brady can't get into a groove with anyone other than JE11. We are at the point where they need to say "Tom, this is who you have to work with. Deal with it and make it work."

I am actually kind of interested to see the offense in the new era of kicker-less football in NE. They can't rely on FG's, so they will be way more apt to go for it on 4th down or try 2 point conversions. I still think they will take the training wheels off the offense, as it's clear they have been playing vanilla, conservative football. I think they still can be a Top 5 offense, and with the defense being the way it is, they should be considered a favorite against just about anyone. They don't need to be the 2007 offense. They just need to be the 2004 offense.

I think the >2 second release time of Brady's is helping mask some bad O-line play.

Problem is, these WR's aren't always able to get open that fast. Lots of passes being thrown into the ground to avoid a sack.

Give Brady confidence with 4 seconds to stand in there and it's a whole new offense. Lethal.

We've seen a small sample of what Wynn can do to make that difference ... if he can just stay on the field. 

Just now, Bossman said:

I think the >2 second release time of Brady's is helping mask some bad O-line play.

Problem is, these WR's aren't always able to get open that fast. Lots of passes being thrown into the ground to avoid a sack.

Give Brady confidence with 4 seconds to stand in there and it's a whole new offense. Lethal.

We've seen a small sample of what Wynn can do to make that difference ... if he can just stay on the field. 

Not sure you are going to get 4 seconds very often but you might get 3 seconds more regularly. And those 3 second routes will probably involve passes to RB's.

I particularly laughed when there was talk of NE bringing back Solder at the trade deadline. They barely had enough cap room to bring in a scrub / back up lineman and somehow they were supposed to fit in a guy and his $62 million contract? LOL.

4 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Not sure you are going to get 4 seconds very often but you might get 3 seconds more regularly. And those 3 second routes will probably involve passes to RB's.

I particularly laughed when there was talk of NE bringing back Solder at the trade deadline. They barely had enough cap room to bring in a scrub / back up lineman and somehow they were supposed to fit in a guy and his $62 million contract? LOL.

I heard that as well. These radio guys don't think things thru.

and when they say ... "Just pay Brady a max contract" ... I'm thinking, ok, which 3 starters on defense do you suggest they cut?