What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread (6 Viewers)

So is thee a consensus that Dion Lewis has moved into the lead for the pass catching RB role over White? The pass carching Pats RB just always seems like a handy, affordable flex, it would be good to know who this will be.

We have to wait for the cuts but it's trending that way, you just never quite know... make the team, then game day.

A couple obvious keys for this team are the play of the O-line- and of the cornerbacks. Offense will be good, duh, D-line should be very good, good safety...

Lewis likely to get first shot at receiving back role. Cadet probably cut with injury settlement.
I saw projections cutting white and keeping these two...which makes sense to me given what ive seen cadet do for NO and what ive seen white not do for NE.

The other reason i hope for this is cuz i think they can keep and use dobson for the long ball...im suspecting JoJo is going to the reserve/return list after the cutdown today.

With Blount not taking up a roster spot and LaFell potentially going on PUP, two guys will get a spot that otherwise would not have. Plus they usually did into the pool of cuts from other teams. Will make for an interesting weekend.

Once teams get down to 53, how does it work bringing in other teams cuts? Do you have to clear a spot first? Or do you get an evaluation period?

Teams can bring in anyone they want for a try out, but you can't have more than 53 guys on your roster (not counting players on injury lists or players suspended). So to sign anyone you first have to cut someone. Any player on your Opening Day roster has their 2015 salary become guaranteed. Anyone added after the first game gets paid week to week only (ie not guaranteed for the entire season).

Cadet's a reliable but unspectacular receiver, really he can line up wide, but he's not much of a runner. I would think White would have an edge there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cadet's a reliable but unspectacular receiver, really he can line up wide, but he's not much of a runner. I would think White would have an edge there.
White hasn't really been much of a runner either. His strength appears to be as a receiving back.
Yeah understatement. White has looked like the worst runner on this team by a lot. He has good hands but so do Lewis and Cadet. Cadet is more of an H-Back, capable of playing out wide.

With Gray gone maybe Bolden will actually get some real time this year...with how the depth chart currently looks it probably happens by default...would not be surprised to see another RB added either after the cuts or via trade...

I thought they would take a shot at FJax after the rumors they were looking at him during free agency.

Little disappointed he ended up in Seattle.

I always thought they would at least look at Pierre Thomas.
When he got let go by the Saints I thought he would be a great fit to take over Vereen's role...not sure if the fact he is still out there means he has just lost it...
It was like the same hour, when the Pats failed to sign Spiller they grabbed Cadet. I was pretty confident he was the inheritor.

He still might be, haven't heard anything about him being cut. But Lewis has looked really good.

I thought they would take a shot at FJax after the rumors they were looking at him during free agency.

Little disappointed he ended up in Seattle.
Yeah, Bloom was on that, too. Question: is Blount not the stick it up in there guy?
I think Blount is safe, I think the real question is how NE is going to utilize the run game this year. Its been drastically different each year the last few.

I hope these rumors of the Pats looking for a big bodied WR are true.

Maybe Pittsburgh doesn't wanna babysit Martavis anymore :whistle:

I hope these rumors of the Pats looking for a big bodied WR are true.

Maybe Pittsburgh doesn't wanna babysit Martavis anymore :whistle:
They really need one. They haven't had one since Hart Lee Dykes.

I was hoping Tyrell Williams would have been cut, but he made the 53 man roster in SD. He would have been a nice fit.

Chris Matthews might be a bargain if they can wrestle him from Seattle, fits the prerequisite of being successful against us but also is imo one of their biggest weapons not being utilized.

I always thought they would at least look at Pierre Thomas.
When he got let go by the Saints I thought he would be a great fit to take over Vereen's role...not sure if the fact he is still out there means he has just lost it...
the Pats love Lewis he take over Vereen's role
If he can handle it it would also give them an offensive contributor who would be making peanuts (like Woodhead when they first got him)which is nice on the salary cap...right now it looks like the kid is going to be given an opportunity...will be interesting to see how this turns out...

He got burned a couple times, but on 7 targets he allowed 22 yards and 0 touchdowns.

Hes looked great in the run D.
He was beat on that dropped TD ball though. I'm a fan. I'm pulling for him. Plus pre-season = vanilla ####. That "pick play" (according to the announcers) was weird. Looked like he was fighting a hold and sort of came off it the wrong way. Pats looked misaligned there, too.

Ah, football. So nice.

Edit: Some good pops in there for sure, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally it would be Edelman, but he just returned to practice and is still a little banged up. Dare I say Amendola?

And I still think they are going to use Chandler a lot more than he is getting projected for.

It's official

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 8m8 minutes ago

Reggie Wayne out in New England.

Would have been nice to give him a big game v the Colts.
Rotoworld suggests that Wayne asked for his release (but haven't seen that anywhere else yet).
Not really surprised, was probably handed the playbook and just nope'd right on out. /Murtaugh
There was speculation he was going to retire, but now they're saying he's said he would play in the right situation.

Users who are viewing this thread