What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (2 Viewers)

Notorious T.R.E.

Showdown!™ Administrator
2019 ROSTERS (pre keeper date)

CONTRACT INFO (Price to keep for 2018)

In prior years, Zilla held an auction at his palacial home each year. It was a weekend of beer, fun and baseball that folks from around this great country would flock to.

Today, Zilla is a very important and busy man. He doesn't have time to entertain the plebes. However, he does have time to participate in an online auction. How will we do it? Hell, I don't know. I have ideas, but that isn't settled yet. (goog hangout, chat, message board, whatever) What's important is we start getting the league filled out now. You could be a part of it!

League Type: Contract Keeper (9-12), Auction, Roto 5x5 using OBP
Number of teams: 14
Money: $100 + share of League fee

1. TRE
2. Judd
3. GM
4. X
5. Kraft
6. Bogart
7. Eephus
8. Pumpnick
9. Rodg12
10. PIK95
11. Greco
12. Northern Voice
13. Stryker/Guster
14. Hell Toupee

RULES

$260 auction budget for all 30 players (23 starters and 7 bench) - No in-season cap (Yahoo doesn't let you set as of now...would be $320 if it did)

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), On-base Percentage (OBP)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP

1500 IP cap

Position Eligibility: 10 games prior year, 5 games in season

FAAB Budget is $100 - Waivers run Wed-Sun nights -- You MUST bid $1 or more (no zero bids - zero bid will be removed from your team by commish)

Keeper Rules:

Keep 9-12 Players each year

Player auction value determines keeper price -- the price stays with the player if they were traded, but not if they're dropped.
Players obtained via FAAB prior to Aug 1 may be kept at the price they were acquired for in FAAB

Keepers can be kept for up to 5 years as follows:

Year 1 -- The year you acquire player in auction or FAAB
Year 2 -- Keep for same price as auction/FAAB
Year 3 -- Keep for auction/FAAB price +$5
Year 4 -- Keep for Year 3 price +$5 more
Year 5 -- Keep for Year 4 price +$5 more -- last year you can keep them.

Payouts are 4 places: $700, 400, 200, 100 based on 14 teams at $100

Last edited by a moderator:
still a chance of in person shticking? logistically, could be ruff. we actually have rules, which i am sure tre will post here shortly for nerdly discussion.

some things to remember:

-this was a good league and you'll feel important hobnobbing with board illuminaries.

-there will be lots of griping and angst.

-the food won't be good and i might be upset enough to make snide comments about it.

-i will provide chips.

-zilla is very important and his privacy is our utmost concern at this point.

-i am not 'your boy'.

Normally the entry fee for a team is $1600, but we have our Early Bird special going on right now until February 1st. With just a $200 deposit, you can secure your squad for $1500 and/or pick up a second team for just $1400. All drafts are held online from March 23rd through the 30th, so you can draft from the comfort of your own home

We've got some time to pick up good pwners who want to play. Then I think we all just need to clear out a Saturday or Sunday and make it happen.

I would've played if I knew there was a chance of getting James Loney for less than $15, but looks like that's out the window with you-know-who on board.

In prior years, Zilla held an auction at his palacial home each year. It was a weekend of beer, fun and baseball that folks from around this great country would flock to.

Today, Zilla is a very important and busy man. He doesn't have time to entertain the plebes. However, he does have time to participate in an online auction. How will we do it? Hell, I don't know. I have ideas, but that isn't settled yet. (goog hangout, chat, message board, whatever) What's important is we start getting the league filled out now. You could be a part of it!
Shirts Off Google Hangout??

Shirts Off Google Hangout??
Gd right

I will throw my hat into the ring if you'll have me. Look at it as more of a donation more than anything else.

Interested to be on the waiting list as a co-owner

My credentials:

1. I only really watch the Brewers

2. Never done a roto league

3. Never done an auction league, football or baseball

4. I don't understand nor care about sabermetrics or WAR or ZIPin or BuRP

5. I won my H2H keeper league last year after sneaking into the playoffs at .500 mainly because Soriano hit a brazillion home runs after I picked him up.

6. I like shtick

Interested to be on the waiting list as a co-owner

My credentials:

1. I only really watch the Brewers

2. Never done a roto league

3. Never done an auction league, football or baseball

4. I don't understand nor care about sabermetrics or WAR or ZIPin or BuRP

5. I won my H2H keeper league last year after sneaking into the playoffs at .500 mainly because Soriano hit a brazillion home runs after I picked him up.

6. I like shtick
I love you.

List updated. This is going to be settled quickly, which pleases me greatly.

I'm just gonna copy these rules back over from the old league. I was out last year so I'm not sure if anything changed, but now I am back in. These still look rightish.

I would definitely be down with going to OBP as BA feels antiquated and too many "good" hitters are liabilities there

Personally I like weekly lineups and no official innings limit but I think I am the only one

It's all up for debate, as always I want what the people want

Zilla Auction league rules 2013

Entry fee is $115, which includes $15 toward the CBS site fee.

- At auction, you have $260- to spend on 29 players including declared keepers: 13 offensive (c,1b,3b,corner,2b,ss,middle,of,of,of,of,ut,ut), 9 pitchers, 7 bench

- CONTRACT RULES: A player obtained at auction may be kept at the bid price for 2 seasons. Following the second season, the owner must decide whether to extend that player for 2 more seasons at a $5 increase, or option the player for one more season at the same price, after which time the player would go back into the player pool. If the player is extended, the owner may choose after the fourth season to keep the player for one more year at a $5 increase, or place the player back into the pool. No player will be kept longer than 5 years.

- FAAB waivers will run every Friday and Sunday night during the season at approximately midnight. Each owner will have a $100 free agent spending cap.

- All players obtained via FAAB waivers in season, prior to 7/31, are contracted at the price for which they were obtained and subjected to the contract rules as outlined above. Players obtained after 7/31 may not be kept beyond that season.

- Any player may be dropped at any time without penalty, and that player's contract status will go back to 0. However, when an owner drops a player during the week, he may not bid on that player the following waiver period.

- Each team has three injured reserve spots. If an owner has a player in that spot who has been off of the DL for more than a week going into a scoring period, the commissioner will remove that player from the owner's roster.

- It is each team’s responsibility to make sure roster is in compliance at all times. Commissioner will spot check and back date errors.

- Scoring is traditional 5X5: BA, HR, R, RBI, SB / ERA, K, S, W, WHIP

- Daily lineups, there are no position games-played limits, scoring periods are Monday through Sunday. Each week's overall winner will be awarded $20. Ties will result in splitting that prize.

- As of 2012 season, there is a 1400 innings pitched limit.

- Player position eligibility is 10 games during previous season or 5 games during current season.

- Trade deadline is 8/15.

- Teams will keep 9-12 players each season. For players that are eligible, owner will declare "option" or "extend," as per the contract rules. Keeper due date will be provided by the commissioner and is based on the date of the auction.

- Any changes made to a keeper list between the keeper deadline and auction, due to extenuating circumstances concerning a kept player (injury, etc), will be left to commissioner discretion.

- At auction and preseason, a salary cap of $260- will be enforced

- In season, a salary cap of $320- will be enforced. The initial waiver run (the Friday before the season) is considered "in season" and has the extended cap.

- Prize distribution is $375 / $175 / $85 / $45 for 12 team league plus weekly winnings ($20 a week for 26 weeks)

- Prize distribution is $400 / $200 / $110 / $70 for 13 team league plus weekly winnings ($20 a week for 26 weeks)

- If season is cancelled for any reason, including Player Action, stats and standings will be FINAL, with prize money distributed accordingly.

- Postseason play-in games will not count. Make-up games played after the last scheduled day of the regular season will count.

Ok, Shuke and Pickles are out and I haven't heard anything from Badger. Judd and I are cutting it at 14 so we don't dilute the player pool too much. Here's who I show as in:

1. TRE

2. Judd

3. GM

4. X

5. Kraft

6. Bogart

7. Eephus
8. Pumpnick

9. Cosjobs

10. guru_007

11. sammy - looking for a co-manager

12. Greco

13. Northern Voice

14. Stryker - Looking for a partner - Hell Toupee? Or could partner with Sammy and give HT his own place at the table.

On the outside looking in: Hell Toupee

Next steps:

1. Determine if ESPN will fit our auction needs and if not, what are the alternatives. Not too keen on dropping $160 for CBS sportsline unless we all want to add to our league fees and split the cost.

2. Hammer out any rules that need hammering

3. Determine a date we can auction.

4. Profit

Sammy has backed out and Stryker has found a life partner. That means Hell Toupee is in if he wants it still:

1. TRE

2. Judd

3. GM

4. X

5. Kraft

6. Bogart

7. Eephus
8. Pumpnick

9. Cosjobs

10. guru_007

11. Greco

12. Northern Voice

13. Stryker/Guster

14. Hell Toupee

Rough break up?
:shrug:

I like Cake, but I love this format that Zilla created and I can only be in so many leegs. Just a way better format for me.
it's a better format but slow drafts are more practical on a message board. It will be a challenge to coordinate an auction with 13 owners across the country (plus NV).
Hopefully filling the league early will help that. If ESPN works for a live auction, we're talking about one night in the next 6 weeks or so that works for 14 dudes. Should be doable I think.

If not we do it over a couple of nights via chat or something. We could do a message board slow auction as well, but I like the idea of just knocking it out in a night or two.

Remember that one time we did a message board auction over at RotoDugout? It was a cluster####, but it was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread