What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (5 Viewers)

Fantrax is hideous but CBS are colossal peckerholes, so I am torn

I can be your salary slut on a weekly basis if we stay on CBS

I'm more worried about pissing off my leaguemates than the extra work. If it were me deciding, I'd tell CBS to go ####, but I know some people don't like fantrax. We could also go back to Yahoo and track contracts on a google doc as well. Frankly, we're doing contracts manually anyway with CBS.

Zilla also reminds me that CBS locks all rosters when the first game starts for the day, so you can't make any changes after that even if all/most of your players don't play until later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah after further contemplation I vote for fantrax this year, with a revisit in the offseason

It's clumsy but it works and I think it does everything we want

CBS is prettier but it's trash

Not sure the logo is big enough in your email sig, Tre.

I would prefer CBS only because my other league is there but don't care enough to be upset if we stayed with Yahoo or went to Fantrax.

CBS is really pretty much an inflexible piece of ####. I thought you knew it didn't work that way as much as I complained about having to set those salaries every week in the old league. In any case, it's still the best option, though I'm not so sure it's worth $15 a head.. next year we should go with a free site and keep the books in a google doc IMO.
Lets move to Yahoo and do that now

eta Fuck cbs, That's a freaking joke that they charge that much.

Someone alert Google, so they can take over that niche, too

eta Fuck cbs, That's a freaking joke that they charge that much.
Especially considering outside of supporting "contracts" Yahoo and ESPN are considerably better, even after Yahoo went all stupid

I think Fantrax does everything we need though, at <$5 a man

Loading rosters to Fantrax now. Should finish in the next hour and then I'll send out invites. Apologies again for having to hop around so much. I've paid for this one ($79), so this is it for at least this season.

Obviously this means if you have any pending transactions on CBS you'll have to re-input them on Fantrax for Thursday night's run. Suxor, I know.

I'll also have to make sure the stats match up between CBS and fantrax. I don't know if people have switched their lineups since the Ari/LA games, but I have a capture of all stats so I'm confident I can back into them. That part may wait until tomorrow though.

Loading rosters to Fantrax now. Should finish in the next hour and then I'll send out invites. Apologies again for having to hop around so much. I've paid for this one ($79), so this is it for at least this season.

Obviously this means if you have any pending transactions on CBS you'll have to re-input them on Fantrax for Thursday night's run. Suxor, I know.

I'll also have to make sure the stats match up between CBS and fantrax. I don't know if people have switched their lineups since the Ari/LA games, but I have a capture of all stats so I'm confident I can back into them. That part may wait until tomorrow though.
League invites sent. 3rd time is a charm.

:deadbanana:

TRE> I hope this site works out easier for you,because it's a huge steaming pile of ####

Hopefully I can figure this out one of these days.

TRE> I hope this site works out easier for you,because it's a huge steaming pile of ####

Hopefully I can figure this out one of these days.
Sorry. At least it works.

The app for the iphone seems to be pretty nice too, imo.

Fantrax is actually pretty solid once y ou get used to the interface, we ran uber league on that for a few years and never had any major issues. it's just.. quirky

Eephus said:
JZilla said:
Fantrax is actually pretty solid once y ou get used to the interface, we ran uber league on that for a few years and never had any major issues. it's just.. quirky
CBS is quirky too.
That whole "set your lineup before the first game of the day or your screwed" thing seems so archaic. I can't believe they haven't fixed that. I mean, football has been allowing lineup changes for late games for what? 10 years?

I went through each team and made sure to have the same starters you had for the LAD/ARI games on 3/22. The stats match up between CBS and Fantrax. You'll note the overall points are slightly different because Fantrax doesn't award points for the teams with a 0.00 ERA or WHIP that haven't had anyone pitch yet.

I think we're good to go, finally!

For payment, the league fee will be $100 + $5 for the software: $105. You can send this to me via Paypal: trevor-dot-wegner-@-gmail-dot-com (where the dots are . and there are no dashes) Just be sure to pay from your existing balance or use an account that's connected to a DDA to avoid fees. If you need an address for a cheque, let me know.

There's a new FAAB tomorrow night!

I went through each team and made sure to have the same starters you had for the LAD/ARI games on 3/22. The stats match up between CBS and Fantrax. You'll note the overall points are slightly different because Fantrax doesn't award points for the teams with a 0.00 ERA or WHIP that haven't had anyone pitch yet.

I think we're good to go, finally!

For payment, the league fee will be $100 + $5 for the software: $105. You can send this to me via Paypal: trevor-dot-wegner-@-gmail-dot-com (where the dots are . and there are no dashes) Just be sure to pay from your existing balance or use an account that's connected to a DDA to avoid fees. If you need an address for a cheque, let me know.

There's a new FAAB tomorrow night!
You're the early front runner for MVP

I made a FAAB request on CBS and it went through. Fantrax doesn't have it. I re-submitted on Fantrax. Good?

Users who are viewing this thread