What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (3 Viewers)

Looks like I had to change the waiver rules to "continuous":

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-baseball/continuous-waivers-fantasy-sports-sln6931.html?impressions=true

Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak Waiver Mode: Continuous Waiver Processing Days: Monday, Thursday

Also got rid of the can't cut list I think. Let's see how this goes.

Since the two guys PIK added suck, I guess I'm cool with him keeping them...

Edit: I did lower his faab budget by $2 though.
I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. I want another guy but have no clue about this bid thing you guys are talking about
You get 100 mythical dollars to bid on players throughout the season. (well, you get $98 since you snuck in 2 guys). You can only add players on Mon or Thurs, the rest of the time they're on waivers. When you go to add a player, its the same as usual, only at the bottom of the screen there's a spot to enter your bid.
The $ value u bid sticks with the player and they can be kept for that amount. There is a deadline where waiver guys can no longer be kept though, some time in July IIRC

eephus – eephus – 2014 Finish: 4th (90)

Top Keepers: Posey ($24), Heyward ($22), Seager ($12), D. Gordon ($1)

Top Players added via Auction: Puig ($42), Longoria ($28), Liriano ($10)

Strengths: Best catcher in the game in Posey. He’s strong on the corners with Longoria/Seager/Adams/Mauer. I like Puig/Heyward/Yelich($5) in the OF and he’s got a few upside plays I like in Rusney($9)/Snider($5)/Beltran($9). His OBP could be best in the league. He has speed, and should have a decent amount of counting numbers on offense as well.

Weaknesses: Fairly week up the middle with Gennet/Gordon/Aybar/Owings. Gennett and Gordon are at the top of the order at least, but no HR/RBI there save a few bombs from Gennett and Owings. Is Salazar/Wood/Liriano/Cain/Buchholz/Walker enough in the SP department? Closers are just Robertson/Rodney for now, but Giles and A. Sanchez could supplement and Eeph is a known save-hound.

Can he contend: I think this is a top half team for sure, with potential to be a high riser. He has a lot of young arms that could take the next step. He has depth at the corners and in the outfield. There’s a lot to like for this year and the future, but he’ll need some growth this year to take the top spot.

Howie’s the Boss – PIK – New Franchise

Top Keepers drafted in Supplemental: Kershaw ($41), Abreu ($15), Kimbrel ($22), Reyes ($24), Ellsbury ($30), Gomez ($27)

Top Players added via Auction: Eovaldi ($9), Rodon? ($18), Cron ($7)

Strengths: PIK blasted away in the supplemental draft by selecting big names for big (mostly) money. He had the first pick and got a steal of a deal in Abreu. He followed that with the top SP in the game and a top closer, SS and 2 top OFers. His top 3 OF of Gomez/Ells/Cruz is very strong, but there’s no depth. I like a number of the young players he got, but some he paid too much for I think. (Rodon, Urias, Swihart, Lindor are all nice prospects.)

Weaknesses: I knew he was showing a little late to the auction, but he showed up so late that he was digging through scraps for value. I don’t think he has a 3B yet?? Unless he landed one in the first FAAB or is planning on Jace Peterson ($9). Up the middle he has Reyes/Flores/Panik/Jace. Pretty ugly as it stands, but Jace and Flores have some upside. His 4th and 5th outfielders are Dom Brown and Alex Guerrero. His catchers are Kurt Suzuki and Swihart. Starters are Kershaw/Eovaldi/Chen/Leake/Pomemanz/McHugh/Heaney/Porcello. Maybe he can stream/mix and match there. He missed out on closers and has 3 RP specs in Davis/Watson/Delabar.

Can he contend: Before the auction I would have said he’s a top team, but afterwards I feel like he missed out on too many opportunities to fill out his team. He has the studs to trade for depth though, and maybe that gets him part of the way there. I don’t think he’s near the top, but I could see anywhere from 5-14 for this team.

King Pump – pumpnick – 2014 Finish: 12th (50)

Top Keepers: Rendon ($2), Arenado ($6), Teheran ($12)

Top Players added via Auction: McCutchen ($48), CarGo ($31), Freeman ($30), Soler ($21)

Strengths: His outfield of Cutch/CarGo/Soler/Ozuna/Arcia has the potential to be a top group. Arenado and Freeman are elite at their respective positions. Has three solid closers Rosenthal/Casilla/Reed. Alexei Ramirez and Jed Lowrie are solid MI partners for Rendon. He has my boyfriend Devin Mesoraco at C and added Miguel Montero for depth.

Weaknesses: Don’t love the CI depth… he has Ryan Howard for now, but if he’s traded? Loney time? Could be lacking a bit in speed. Cole/Teheran/Paxton/Shoemaker/Gray has some nice upside, but likely can’t compete with the elite staffs. Bench depth on offense is Loney/Montero/Rasmus because he’s holding a lot of starter specs Simon/Alavarez/C.Martinez/Niese/Hammel in addition to the above mentioned.

Can he contend: I like the team. I don’t see any massive holes. There’s injury risk in Rendon and CarGo and he’ll need good years of the young outfielders to compete in the power categories. This is another top half team that will do fairly well in my rankings. I’m not ranking as I go which is probably a huge mistake.

FDAGFY – FDAS – 2014 Finish: 11th? (55)

Top Keepers: Donaldson ($23), Kinsler ($16), Cueto ($7), DeGrom ($1)

Top Players added via Auction: A. Jones ($39), Greinke ($23), Bruce ($19), Andrus ($17)

Strengths: He has some good power bats in Jones, Bruce, Donaldson. He has some speed in Martin and Andrus. He has a lot of Rangers for some reason. Kinsler and Andrus are nice up the middle with Prado, B. Phillips or Mercer at MI. Has some nice upside plays in Singleton and Joc Pederson who could contribute immediately. SPs are pretty good with Greinke, Gio ($14), Cueto, DeGrom. Jones/Bruce/Martin/Pederson seems like a fun top 4 OFers. Catcher is strong with Lucroy/Norris.

Weaknesses: Not only did he roster Casey McGehee, he kept him. Also had dubious keeps in Aramis ($12) and Prado ($11). I have some concern at 1B with Cuddyer/Singleton. Not exactly elite. Has McGee and the Detroit Oldies for save chasing – maybe enough to scrape by if he’s lucky.

Can he contend: I have concerns about the old guys, the depth and that when you look at the starting offense as a whole it’s not going to measure up to the others. I hate spending $39 on Jones when he doesn’t seem to run much anymore and his OBP is albatross. OBP as a whole could be an issue, actually. I’d say somewhere between 6th and 12th.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
Bogie magically added Joe Smith without a bid amount. I'm looking into it. Pretty neat.
UPDATE

So, it appears yahoo will let you bid $0 for a player and there is no option to force a minimum (yay). Please make sure you enter a bid amount at the bottom of the screen before you hit submit.

IF YOU DO NOT BID GOING FORWARD I WILL DROP THE PLAYER FROM YOUR ROSTER AND YOU WILL BE LEFT WITH A SAD, LONELY OPEN ROSTER SPOT.

Just do it right please, I love you.

SECOND ANNOUNCE

Should have mentioned this earlier, but there is no in-season salary cap with Yahoo. I don't think its a big deal, but I thought I'd share.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
Bogie magically added Joe Smith without a bid amount. I'm looking into it. Pretty neat.
UPDATE

So, it appears yahoo will let you bid $0 for a player and there is no option to force a minimum (yay). Please make sure you enter a bid amount at the bottom of the screen before you hit submit.

IF YOU DO NOT BID GOING FORWARD I WILL DROP THE PLAYER FROM YOUR ROSTER AND YOU WILL BE LEFT WITH A SAD, LONELY OPEN ROSTER SPOT.

SECOND ANNOUNCE

Should have mentioned this earlier, but there is no in-season salary cap with Yahoo. I don't think its a big deal, but I thought I'd share.
Hector Olivera thinks it's a big deal

UPDATESo, it appears yahoo will let you bid $0 for a player and there is no option to force a minimum (yay). Please make sure you enter a bid amount at the bottom of the screen before you hit submit.

SECOND ANNOUNCE

<bracket><reminder> Pik95 </reminder></bracket>

UPDATESo, it appears yahoo will let you bid $0 for a player and there is no option to force a minimum (yay). Please make sure you enter a bid amount at the bottom of the screen before you hit submit.

SECOND ANNOUNCE

FIGURE IT OUT, PIK. Turner cut from your roster.

SECOND ANNOUNCE

:shrug: should be a $5 FAAB penalty for being a dumb ###

Last edited by a moderator:

SECOND ANNOUNCE

This league is a pia. Anyone want my team? I didn't see a box to put $1 in and I made the pickup from Disney. The small benches really suxor also.

PIK95 said:
HellToupee said:
Notorious T.R.E. said:
Kraft... said:

SECOND ANNOUNCE

This league is a pia. Anyone want my team? I didn't see a box to put $1 in and I made the pickup from Disney. The small benches really suxor also.
7 bench and 3 dl...not exactly small.

Do you need me to email you some screen captures?

I can't believe this league doesn't have waivers every day. My god this is awful. Someone please trade me Mookie. Tia.

Users who are viewing this thread