What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (6 Viewers)

Ok NV.

Anyone else (PIK?) out for next year? We have some eager waiting listers I think.

All winners have been paypalled and/or bets placed for (FDAS>hi)

#### it, I'm in. You guys need the dead money, and I need to prove to myself I can still do magic baseball.

If you guys have any openings I would be interested.
I believe we do! You're first on the list for now. :hifive:

Working on final rosters since I apparently didn't do that in the fall. STAY TUNED
I know a guy IRL who wants in. He has some screen name here, I'll tell him to post to get in line.
:thumbup:

Might be looking for two anyway. I assume PIK is out even though I'm not sure if he posted that. And NV did post that he's out. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Working on final rosters since I apparently didn't do that in the fall. STAY TUNED
I know a guy IRL who wants in. He has some screen name here, I'll tell him to post to get in line.
Humblebrag.
Excited for EXTRA EFFORT BOGIE in 2016. TITY?

Was this a keeper league?
Was and still is.

You have your choice of the following!

Year Salary
Adam LaRoche 2 $2
Brandon Belt 1 $15
Brian Dozier 2 $2
Cody Allen 2 $2
Dalton Pompey 1 $8
Eduardo Rodriguez 1 $1
Greg Holland 2 $19
Gregory Polanco 2 $2
Jeff Samardzija 2 $8
Kole Calhoun 2 $4
Kris Bryant 2 $1
Kyle Hendricks 1 $1
Mookie Betts 2 $2
Noah Syndergaard 1 $9
Paul Goldschmidt 2 $45
Rougned Odor 1 $4
Starling Marte 2 $20
Steven Souza 1 $10
Troy Tulowitzki 1 $37
Tyson Ross 1 $15
Wilson Ramos 1 $1
J.T. Realmuto 1 $1
Aaron Nola 1 $1
Roberto Osuna 1 $13
Ervin Santana 1 $1
Joe Ross 1 $3
Danny Espinosa 1 $6
Clay Buchholz 1 $3
Nathan Karns 1 $6
Brandon Morrow 1 $3
Torii Hunter 1 $11

***ANNOUNCE***

Ok - I read through the whole thread and it looks like we didn't finalize how the salary bumps will work. We have Juddleeg way and a page or two later I proposed a more simple format. Let's vote on it since we have plenty of time to decide.

OPTION A (Juddtastic way):

CONTRACT RULES: A player obtained at auction may be kept at the bid/faab price for 2 seasons.
Following the second season, the owner must decide whether to extend that player for 2 more seasons at a $5 increase, or option the player for one more season at the same price, after which time the player would go back into the player pool.
If the player is extended, the owner may choose after the fourth season to keep the player for one more year at a $5 increase, or place the player back into the pool.
No player will be kept longer than 5 years.

OPTION B (SimpleTRE --the name of my Skynyrd cover band)

Year 1 -- The year you acquire player in auction or FAAB
Year 2 -- Keep for same price as auction/FAAB
Year 3 -- Keep for auction/FAAB price +$5
Year 4 -- Keep for Year 3 price +$5 more
Year 5 -- Keep for Year 4 price +$5 more -- last year you can keep them.

Differences - more flexibility in A, only two $5 bumps in 5 years vs 3 in Opt B. Opt B more linear, may be easier to track on the google sheet. Probably more dump trades with optioned players because its their last contract year.

Please post your vote in the thread!

I added all other rules to the OP. Let me know if you see something I missed (also have *my* keeper rules in just as a placeholder).

That's me. I'm in if you have an opening.
Can we confirm this isn't an alias? I see some potential shady trades at the deadline :ph34r:

That's me. I'm in if you have an opening.
Can we confirm this isn't an alias? I see some potential shady trades at the deadline :ph34r:
FDAS isn't that smart. It's right in the user name.

BTW - Prospective new owners can view the two open rosters on that link as well. I assume we'll just do another draft like we did previously. I'm fairly confident everyone else is still in...although I should check with the Pumper.

***ANNOUNCE***

Ok - I read through the whole thread and it looks like we didn't finalize how the salary bumps will work. We have Juddleeg way and a page or two later I proposed a more simple format. Let's vote on it since we have plenty of time to decide.

CONTRACT RULES: A player obtained at auction may be kept at the bid/faab price for 2 seasons.
Following the second season, the owner must decide whether to extend that player for 2 more seasons at a $5 increase, or option the player for one more season at the same price, after which time the player would go back into the player pool.
If the player is extended, the owner may choose after the fourth season to keep the player for one more year at a $5 increase, or place the player back into the pool.

OPTION B (SimpleTRE --the name of my Skynyrd cover band)

Year 1 -- The year you acquire player in auction or FAAB
Year 2 -- Keep for same price as auction/FAAB
Year 3 -- Keep for auction/FAAB price +$5
Year 4 -- Keep for Year 3 price +$5 more
Year 5 -- Keep for Year 4 price +$5 more -- last year you can keep them.

Differences - more flexibility in A, only two $5 bumps in 5 years vs 3 in Opt B. Opt B more linear, may be easier to track on the google sheet. Probably more dump trades with optioned players because its their last contract year.

Option A

Kraft

Option B

TRE

Judd

FDAS

Eephus

Bogie
Rodg12

Last edited by a moderator:
***ANNOUNCE***

Confused with the wording on A. To me it reads like this...

Year 1 -- The year you acquire player in auction or FAAB (X)

Year 2 -- Keep for same price as auction/FAAB (X)

Year 3 -- option (released at the end of season 3) or offered a 2 year contract at $(X+5)

Year 4 -- X+5

Year 5 -- option to keep for one more year at $(X+10)

Is that right?

***ANNOUNCE***

Confused with the wording on A. To me it reads like this...

Year 1 -- The year you acquire player in auction or FAAB (X)

Year 2 -- Keep for same price as auction/FAAB (X)

Year 3 -- option (released at the end of season 3) or offered a 2 year contract at $(X+5)

Year 4 -- X+5

Year 5 -- option to keep for one more year at $(X+10)

Is that right?
IIRC, its one bump for 3+4 together of $5. Or, you can option for 3 and have no increase, but that's it for them. Judd or Kraft can probably confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread