What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (4 Viewers)

Was this a keeper league?
Was and still is.

You have your choice of the following!

Year Salary
Adam LaRoche 2 $2
Brandon Belt 1 $15
Brian Dozier 2 $2
Cody Allen 2 $2
Dalton Pompey 1 $8
Eduardo Rodriguez 1 $1
Greg Holland 2 $19
Gregory Polanco 2 $2
Jeff Samardzija 2 $8
Kole Calhoun 2 $4
Kris Bryant 2 $1
Kyle Hendricks 1 $1
Mookie Betts 2 $2
Noah Syndergaard 1 $9
Paul Goldschmidt 2 $45
Rougned Odor 1 $4
Starling Marte 2 $20
Steven Souza 1 $10
Troy Tulowitzki 1 $37
Tyson Ross 1 $15
Wilson Ramos 1 $1
J.T. Realmuto 1 $1
Aaron Nola 1 $1
Roberto Osuna 1 $13
Ervin Santana 1 $1
Joe Ross 1 $3
Danny Espinosa 1 $6
Clay Buchholz 1 $3
Nathan Karns 1 $6
Brandon Morrow 1 $3
Torii Hunter 1 $11
Cripes what a pitching staff

Official Contract Rules updated in OP:

Year 1 -- The year you acquire player in auction or FAAB
Year 2 -- Keep for same price as auction/FAAB
Year 3 -- Keep for auction/FAAB price +$5
Year 4 -- Keep for Year 3 price +$5 more
Year 5 -- Keep for Year 4 price +$5 more -- last year you can keep them.

SoCalBroncoFan said:
If there is more than one new owner, shouldnt we have some kind of dispersal draft to split up the teams available?
Sounds tedious. Can I just give PIK $25 for his team and continue paying the dues due?

SoCalBroncoFan said:
If there is more than one new owner, shouldnt we have some kind of dispersal draft to split up the teams available?
i backtracked in this thread a little bit and saw where it was done last year. i'm not sure if the whole rosters were redrafted or just keepers. Are there still only two abandoned teams? I'm assuming Myself and SoCal are in since we are the first two on the list? i haven't seen anything formal...

SoCalBroncoFan said:
i backtracked in this thread a little bit and saw where it was done last year. i'm not sure if the whole rosters were redrafted or just keepers. Are there still only two abandoned teams? I'm assuming Myself and SoCal are in since we are the first two on the list? i haven't seen anything formal...
SoCalBroncoFan said:
It's a TRE league, I wouldn't expect a guy in a tuxedo reading a proclamation :shrug:

Yes, you just draft keepers from the available rosters.

I still need confirmations from a couple of teams...I do know that two are out as of right now. If a 3rd is out, Cosjobs can be in if he's willing to dispersal draft like a normal.

Yes, you just draft keepers from the available rosters.

I still need confirmations from a couple of teams...I do know that two are out as of right now. If a 3rd is out, Cosjobs can be in if he's willing to dispersal draft like a normal.
Cos is so quick and efficient in drafts, I can't imagine anything but a flawless auction by him.
Plus he already quit on us once like a big meanie.

Life has changed very much for the better. Unicorns and rainbows, baby,

Plus I'm a legacy candidate. Can't believe I'm delegated to third choice.

Unsure if I will accept this humiliation.

I've been rejected by much better leagues than this.

Owners that have verbalized they are back:
Kraft
TRE
Judd
FDAS
Eephus
Bogie
Rodg12
X
Helltoupee
Stryker/Guster
Greco

Silent Owners:
Pump

New prosepctive owners in queue (need 2 for sure to replace NV/PIK):
Socal
sjsjsal;gsdkj113
Bitter Cosjobs

Last edited by a moderator:
For now I put Sunday Mar 27 as an auction date with Mar 23 as keeper deadline, but I'll probably have to set up a pole to see which dates work for people.

For now I put Sunday Mar 27 as an auction date with Mar 23 as keeper deadline, but I'll probably have to set up a pole to see which dates work for people.
27th is Easter Sunday FYI, might be tough if people have family stuff going on( I could make it happen if it's on the later side 9PM+)
You jebuslvrs wreck all the weekends. Thanks for point out. I just put it out in the future, we'll get a real date sorted soon.

Doodle invite coming shortly.  I'm in Vegas for 5 nights in March, so you won't see those dates to choose from...hopefully we can find a time that works.  Since we have at least one west coaster, the weeknight time is 7:30 Central, so be prepared to be up late if we end up with a weeknight.  I also left Sat April 2 off so we have a day to prep before the season starts Sunday.

SJS and SCBF you guys ready-ish to draft your keepers?  We can hold off awhile if you want (depending on auction date).  Or we could draft say 15-16 guys and that would allow you to declare your 9-12 keepers along with everyone else?

SJS and SCBF you guys ready-ish to draft your keepers?  We can hold off awhile if you want (depending on auction date).  Or we could draft say 15-16 guys and that would allow you to declare your 9-12 keepers along with everyone else?
I'm as ready-ish as I'll ever be. Let's get it on! 15 or 16 guys to draft, depending on how soon we can do it.

SJS and SCBF:

Roll 1d1000 ONE TIME at https://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/

Send results to wisruthroll@gmail.com and put your username in the subject.

Highest roll gets first choice in the supplemental draft.  We'll go up 16 rounds, but you can quit any time after 9 if you want I guess.  You'll have to cut down to 12 max by keeper deadline (tbd).  Up until then you can trade players, so it may be to your benefit to carry a few extra guys.

Rosters are on the google doc in the opening post -- keep in mind players that are contract year 2 will be +$5 to whatever their current salary is going into 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread