What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (1 Viewer)

Didn't Tre already get the Yahoo site up? I feel like I got an email on that a month or so ago. Can't he just transfer commish powers to ChemX as a start?

I'm in for a late 4/2 auction.

I can help with whatever needs to be done. I sit at a desk all day at work. Plenty of time to input rosters and stuff. 

We just need to get an updated speed sheet of teams, fill the league and set a draft date.

I can help with whatever needs to be done. I sit at a desk all day at work. Plenty of time to input rosters and stuff. 

We just need to get an updated speed sheet of teams, fill the league and set a draft date.
I have a spreadsheet I can send you if you want.  I started it...basically have the keepers, auction results and transactions and final rosters...need to earmark current salaries and those that can't be kept.

I have a spreadsheet I can send you if you want.  I started it...basically have the keepers, auction results and transactions and final rosters...need to earmark current salaries and those that can't be kept.
Clean out your messages. I was trying to PM you my email address so you can send me the spreadsheet. I will just text you my email address. 

I know what most of these words mean, but thrown together in this context they're mostly meaningless to me. Can you try using complete sentences? Is this that four sport dynasty leg you were talking about?
In prior years, Zilla held an auction at his palacial home each year. It was a weekend of beer, fun and baseball that folks from around this great country would flock to.

Today, Zilla is a very important and busy man. He doesn't have time to entertain the plebes. However, he does have time to participate in an online auction. How will we do it? Hell, I don't know. I have ideas, but that isn't settled yet. (goog hangout, chat, message board, whatever) What's important is we start getting the league filled out now. You could be a part of it!

League Type: Contract Keeper (9-12), Auction, Roto 5x5 using OBP
Number of teams: 14
Money: $100 + share of League fee

anyone have knowledge of yfts or onroto to run stats/contracts/auction?  I am serge ibaka'd at work, if someone can opine.

Reviewing the spreadsheet, I notice you've NA'ed some players who the transactions processed the morning of 8/1.  The rules state no keepers on players 8/1 & after, but I was under the impression those players whose transactions ran that morning were eligible.  I know @Notorious T.R.E. isn't running the league, but could you provide some clarification?

Doesn't really impact me, as I have two ####ty $1 players in question, but someone like @Kraft... who has Sanchez, it could be important.
Texted TRE for clarification here.

onroto.com looks decent and I can access at work, so likely everyone can as well.  league is $99- and handles contracts and a live auction.

Yeah - either one of those teams might be better that the crap I've got left. I sold out last year to get in the money. Looks like i'll have to use my drafting prowess to make it this year. I should be able to leave no more than $20 on the table this time after auction!

Reminder of Keeper rules...

Keeper Rules:

Keep 9-12 Players each year

Player auction value determines keeper price -- the price stays with the player if they were traded, but not if they're dropped.
Players obtained via FAAB prior to Aug 1 may be kept at the price they were acquired for in FAAB

Keepers can be kept for up to 5 years as follows:

Year 1 -- The year you acquire player in auction or FAAB
Year 2 -- Keep for same price as auction/FAAB
Year 3 -- Keep for auction/FAAB price +$5
Year 4 -- Keep for Year 3 price +$5 more
Year 5 -- Keep for Year 4 price +$5 more -- last year you can keep them.

Fir anyone considering joining....

Last year there were two teams open. The two owners who joined had a dispersal draft to divide up players from the two teams. So you wouldn't be taking a whole team over. 

Alsi, since there is a max of twelve keepers per team, there is a lot left fir the draft. I took over as a first year owner and I won the league. We all know how bad I am at this, so there is hope for anyone!!

Yikes.  I bailed early on this team but I honestly don't remember some of these transactions.  I have no idea what I expected from Dae Ho Lee other than somebody for Byung Ho Park to hang with on road trips.
See, it's this kind of humor I am going to miss. Why aren't you coming back?

See, it's this kind of humor I am going to miss. Why aren't you coming back?
I'm kind of burned out on fantasy baseball.  I've been playing a long time and it's just not as fun as it once was.  There was a month or so early last season where I didn't bother to check my teams. 

I like the auction aspect of this league but I could never wrap my mind around the transaction calendar for this league.  It seemed like I was always a day late (and sometimes a dollar short) when I wanted to add somebody.

Users who are viewing this thread