What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (5 Viewers)

When is trade deadline (Aug 1? Already passed?)

If it's not passed In looking for some offense, flexible how to get there.  Would need be major power upgrade, maybe 1B/CI or OF are best bets but I'm open.

Would trade some younger bats, some pitching...

Sunday waiver run was the last run where players can be kept. You might want to make note of your roster for future reference. 

Down to the final two weeks or so of the season.  Glad you guys talked me into this. 

Hoping to secure a little $$ here by the end, but it's been a fun trip regardless.  Looking forward to next year with a couple young guns I picked up along the way.

$3 Rhys Hopkins  :shock:

$6 Luis Severino (hate me the yanks, but this guy has skills and 6 bucks for two more years sounds reasonable)

$1 Tommy Pham - while not a world beater, and perhaps some regression... it's one freakin' buck for great OBP, a little pop and some steals

$3 Chase Anderson - Again, not a world beater, but seems to have finally figured things out. Not much downside at $3, but certainly some upside

Probably bite the bullet on some higher priced vets:

$18 Darvish - still seems a good bargain, especially if he's back in Dodgerland (they have the $$'s for sure)

$26 Jensen - Too much for a reliever, but will likely hold onto him because, well, Jensen.  I could save what, 3, 5, 8 bucks and get who knows what as an alternative

$27 Blackmon - even with the 5 buck jump, still a bargain compared to other top 5-10 overall players 

On the fence but probably keep

$15 Buster Posey - I'll likely keep him for consistency sake as 15 is not unreasonable. Just seems to be a lot of catcher talent out there at times. 

$1 Grichuk - Probably keep him, too, if for no reason than his power potential on a solid club and, well, no downside at a buck

$ 6 Jean Segura - Could use more power, maybe he's healthier next year... but $6 bucks seems reasonable 

$5 Javier Baez - Nice pop, but questions with their young position players maturing as to what his role may be?

$1 Jed Lowrie - Again, hardly a world beater, but nice OBP, and not terrible otherwise. And again, a buck

$7 Aaron Nola - Another guy who seems to have figured it out, and more K's than Chase, above.  

That's 13 guys, so at least one won't make the cut.  Definitely looking to swing some deals in the off-season now that I have some idea of who's who from a fantasy perspective.

Sunday waiver run was the last run where players can be kept. You might want to make note of your roster for future reference. 
You can also go to transactions and sort by your team, to see who you picked up afterward that is not eligible.

@Koya you definitely gave me some agita over the past month or so, you got really close a few times 
I'll gladly take 2nd.... can't believe I'll actually make a few bucks at this.

And must say, pretty psyched about next years prospects (which likely means sure doom is on the horizon) 

Missing one entry fee.  Trying to get that collected before payments are distributed to the winners!

Congrats to 

@Kraft... for finishing 1st

@Koya for finishing 2nd (geez, who the eff invited THAT guy!!!  :pokey:  )

@HellToupee for finishing 3rd

@JZilla for finishing 4th.

Assuming I can get the needed $100, payouts will be 650, 350, 200, 100 (had to adjust for 13 teams instead of 14 which is what the OP calculates).

Congrats, my man.

Never really got that close, but it was fun as hell and I'll take the money (and roll it into my overdue fantasy dues... see, I'm thinking of you @Chemical X )

BTW, @rodg12 how do we get our cash? (maybe i should sign up for venmo? or you can mail check)
I will distribute via PayPal.  I'm still missing money from @SoCalBroncoFan and he has gone radio silent both on texts and PMs.  :unsure:  

Missing one entry fee.  Trying to get that collected before payments are distributed to the winners!

Congrats to 

@Kraft... for finishing 1st

@Koya for finishing 2nd (geez, who the eff invited THAT guy!!!  :pokey:  )

@HellToupee for finishing 3rd

@JZilla for finishing 4th.

Assuming I can get the needed $100, payouts will be 650, 350, 200, 100 (had to adjust for 13 teams instead of 14 which is what the OP calculates).
who the eff didn't pay?

I know we won't get thinking bout baseball til the new year, but whats the off season/preseason/auction schedule here?

Trim down dates... and whats the trade policy at this point?   

I know we won't get thinking bout baseball til the new year, but whats the off season/preseason/auction schedule here?

Trim down dates... and whats the trade policy at this point?   
I'll try to get everyone contacted in January to see if they're in for another year.  If so, we'll then set a keeper deadline and auction date.  If someone leaves, we'll look for a new owner or owners if multiple and have a keeper draft if multiple.

Trades are open.

I'll try to get everyone contacted in January to see if they're in for another year.  If so, we'll then set a keeper deadline and auction date.  If someone leaves, we'll look for a new owner or owners if multiple and have a keeper draft if multiple.

Trades are open.
Thanks. 

Ill have some guys to trade. No one is off limits, but young, affordable studs/potential studs (ie rhys hoskins or luis severino ) will cost a few pounds of flesh. Guys on the block, with salary and years as of 2018 season:

$ Yrs Batters
15 2 Buster Posey SF - C,1B
26 2 José Abreu CWS - 1B (would need a lot)
10 3 Javier Báez ChC - 2B,3B,SS 
27 4 Charlie Blackmon Col - OF  (would need a lot)
1 2 Jed Lowrie Oak - 2B
11 3 Jean Segura Sea - 2B,SS 

Pitchers
26 4 Kenley Jansen LAD - P  (even at 26, would need talent back or a bargain)
15 3 Aaron Nola Phi - P 
1 2 Drew Pomeranz Bos - P
3 3 Chase Anderson Mil - P
18 3 Yu Darvish LAD - P 
13 4 Lance McCullers Jr. Hou - P 

ETA: Where the #### did the notes come from?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread