Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21

Notorious T.R.E.

• 2 weeks later...

Willing to trade offense for some pitching - edema altuve with my depth at the position. No one is untouchable for if it’s a true top tier starter... interested in a good closer as well. 

Would consider trading back Severino if it’s a truly enticing offer, or if it’s a build for the future to get me top tier for more immediate future.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably much ado about nothing.  People from other leagues know I'm not a big trader to begin with and I'm not planning to be in this league for the long haul.

That said, SCBF does have a bunch of closers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 12:35 PM, Kraft... said:

Sorry only log in occasionally. I’m fine.

i guess my offer to pay for SoCals fee was stupid in hindsight (especially considering I am about as tight financially as I’ve been in 20 years, but wanted to give the guy a chance to stay on). We should have just brought on new blood. 

On 6/7/2019 at 6:27 PM, Koya said:

Sorry only log in occasionally. I’m fine.

i guess my offer to pay for SoCals fee was stupid in hindsight (especially considering I am about as tight financially as I’ve been in 20 years, but wanted to give the guy a chance to stay on). We should have just brought on new blood. 

or at least chipped in for a new blood transfusion,

23 hours ago, sjs12671 said:

Mothergrabbin' Ken Giles on the IL now. Anyone interested in trading a healthy player for an injured one? Giles, Kluber, Strahm, Taillon...

Nevermind - posted before I saw how long Giles would be out, and Strahm activated today, Clevinger on Monday. Still would trade Kluber or Taillon, but I don't expect them to be great values to anyone.

For ease of seeing existing contracts(and trading) I added a 2019 Auction Rosters tab to the Google Doc. Everyone with a little square next to their name was a keeper so you'll have to figure out what year they are in by looking at the team tabs. Everyone else is Year 1. This doesn't include in season movement so you'll have to get that from Yahoo FAAB transactions. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

I'm rostering Brendan McKay.  Yahoo only has him in the system as a 1B.  When the Rays eventually call him up, he's going to be a pitcher.  I assume Yahoo will list him as a pitcher and a position player (like Ohtani).  I don't suppose I've got rights to him as a pitcher now, do I?  If not, doesn't make sense for me to roster him as a position player.

@rodg12

Next year there is only going to be 1 version, that’s going to create an issue 

On 6/21/2019 at 4:19 PM, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

I'm rostering Brendan McKay.  Yahoo only has him in the system as a 1B.  When the Rays eventually call him up, he's going to be a pitcher.  I assume Yahoo will list him as a pitcher and a position player (like Ohtani).  I don't suppose I've got rights to him as a pitcher now, do I?  If not, doesn't make sense for me to roster him as a position player.

@rodg12

Sorry for the delay. I think we made Ohtani two separate players in this. So, we’ll go with that for now until Yahoo changes it.

On 6/21/2019 at 2:19 PM, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

@rodg12

oops!

my bad, can i at least get my buck back?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Nerds,

I had JZilla drop out of my 19 year old football league.  12 Teams, .5 ppr.  1/2/2/1/flex/k/d.  entry is going up from 175 to 200.  fbgs cav, koya are in and some I and brick and mortar friends.  Pretty competitive.  I could use one nerd.......thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Droppin' leagues is my new kick

:hashtagnotv:

I'm in a place right now where I should be investing more discreetly.  Time is a problem too.  It is a fun and competitive leeg, and I did alright, lo siento 

Edited by JZilla
  • Sad 1

Just now, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Does this include trades?

Disastros and I have agreed to a trade today, but can't complete because a player has already played a game today?

no free agents only, traded players can be kept in 2020 as long as their existing contract allows

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Congrats to @Kraft... on the late comeback win.  Great seasons also out of @HellToupee@Expos, @sjs12671 to finish in the money.  Payouts will be distributed as follows:

1st - $600

2nd - $325

3rd - $175

4th - $100

Very glad I didn't have to manually adjust the standings due to the erroneous Koby Allard pick-up by HT.  Props to @Eephus for taking over SoCal's team during the year.  Still on the lookout for a replacement owner for that squad.