Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21

Notorious T.R.E.

I'm just gonna copy these rules back over from the old league. I was out last year so I'm not sure if anything changed, but now I am back in. These still look rightish.

I would definitely be down with going to OBP as BA feels antiquated and too many "good" hitters are liabilities there

Personally I like weekly lineups and no official innings limit but I think I am the only one

It's all up for debate, as always I want what the people want

Zilla Auction league rules 2013

Entry fee is $115, which includes $15 toward the CBS site fee.

- At auction, you have $260- to spend on 30 players including declared keepers: 14 offensive (c,1b,3b,corner,2b,ss,middle,5 OF, 2 UT), 9 pitchers, 7 bench

- CONTRACT RULES (still TBD, but something like this fosho): A player obtained at auction may be kept at the bid price for 2 seasons. Following the second season, the owner must decide whether to extend that player for 2 more seasons at a $5 increase, or option the player for one more season at the same price, after which time the player would go back into the player pool. If the player is extended, the owner may choose after the fourth season to keep the player for one more year at a $5 increase, or place the player back into the pool. No player will be kept longer than 5 years.

- FAAB waivers will run every Thursday and Sunday night during the season at approximately midnight. Each owner will have a $100 free agent spending cap.

- All players obtained via FAAB waivers in season, prior to 7/31, are contracted at the price for which they were obtained and subjected to the contract rules as outlined above. Players obtained after 7/31 may not be kept beyond that season.

- Any player may be dropped at any time without penalty, and that player's contract status will go back to 0. However, when an owner drops a player during the week, he may not bid on that player the following waiver period.

- Each team has three injured reserve spots. If an owner has a player in that spot who has been off of the DL for more than a week going into a scoring period, the commissioner will remove that player from the owner's roster.

- It is each team’s responsibility to make sure roster is in compliance at all times. Commissioner will spot check and back date errors.

- Scoring is traditional 5X5: OBP, HR, R, RBI, SB / ERA, K, S, W, WHIP

- Daily lineups, there are no position games-played limits, scoring periods are Monday through Sunday. Each week's overall winner will be awarded $20. Ties will result in splitting that prize.

- As of 2012 season, there is a 1400 innings pitched limit.

- Player position eligibility is 10 games during previous season or 5 games during current season.

- Trade deadline is 8/15.

- Teams will keep 9-12 players each season. For players that are eligible, owner will declare "option" or "extend," as per the contract rules. Keeper due date will be provided by the commissioner and is based on the date of the auction.

- Any changes made to a keeper list between the keeper deadline and auction, due to extenuating circumstances concerning a kept player (injury, etc), will be left to commissioner discretion.

- At auction and preseason, a salary cap of $260- will be enforced

- In season, a salary cap of $320- will be enforced. The initial waiver run (the Friday before the season) is considered "in season" and has the extended cap.

- Prize distribution is $375 / $175 / $85 / $45 for 12 team league plus weekly winnings ($20 a week for 26 weeks) (TBD)

- Prize distribution is $400 / $200 / $110 / $70 for 13 team league plus weekly winnings ($20 a week for 26 weeks) (TBD)

- If season is cancelled for any reason, including Player Action, stats and standings will be FINAL, with prize money distributed accordingly.

- Postseason play-in games will not count. Make-up games played after the last scheduled day of the regular season will count.

Some confirmations after Zilladiscussion...tried to bold the stuff we've been discussing.

I'm just gonna copy these rules back over from the old league. I was out last year so I'm not sure if anything changed, but now I am back in. These still look rightish.

I would definitely be down with going to OBP as BA feels antiquated and too many "good" hitters are liabilities there

Personally I like weekly lineups and no official innings limit but I think I am the only one

It's all up for debate, as always I want what the people want

Zilla Auction league rules 2013

Entry fee is $115, which includes $15 toward the CBS site fee.

- At auction, you have $260- to spend on 30 players including declared keepers: 14 offensive (c,1b,3b,corner,2b,ss,middle,5 OF, 2 UT), 9 pitchers, 7 bench

- CONTRACT RULES (still TBD, but something like this fosho): A player obtained at auction may be kept at the bid price for 2 seasons. Following the second season, the owner must decide whether to extend that player for 2 more seasons at a $5 increase, or option the player for one more season at the same price, after which time the player would go back into the player pool. If the player is extended, the owner may choose after the fourth season to keep the player for one more year at a $5 increase, or place the player back into the pool. No player will be kept longer than 5 years.

- FAAB waivers will run every Thursday and Sunday night during the season at approximately midnight. Each owner will have a $100 free agent spending cap.

- All players obtained via FAAB waivers in season, prior to 7/31, are contracted at the price for which they were obtained and subjected to the contract rules as outlined above. Players obtained after 7/31 may not be kept beyond that season.

- Any player may be dropped at any time without penalty, and that player's contract status will go back to 0. However, when an owner drops a player during the week, he may not bid on that player the following waiver period.

- Each team has three injured reserve spots. If an owner has a player in that spot who has been off of the DL for more than a week going into a scoring period, the commissioner will remove that player from the owner's roster.

- It is each team’s responsibility to make sure roster is in compliance at all times. Commissioner will spot check and back date errors.

- Scoring is traditional 5X5: OBP, HR, R, RBI, SB / ERA, K, S, W, WHIP

- Daily lineups, there are no position games-played limits, scoring periods are Monday through Sunday. Each week's overall winner will be awarded $20. Ties will result in splitting that prize.

- As of 2012 season, there is a 1400 innings pitched limit.

- Player position eligibility is 10 games during previous season or 5 games during current season.

- Trade deadline is 8/15.

- Teams will keep 9-12 players each season. For players that are eligible, owner will declare "option" or "extend," as per the contract rules. Keeper due date will be provided by the commissioner and is based on the date of the auction.

- Any changes made to a keeper list between the keeper deadline and auction, due to extenuating circumstances concerning a kept player (injury, etc), will be left to commissioner discretion.

- At auction and preseason, a salary cap of $260- will be enforced

- In season, a salary cap of $320- will be enforced. The initial waiver run (the Friday before the season) is considered "in season" and has the extended cap.

- Prize distribution is $375 / $175 / $85 / $45 for 12 team league plus weekly winnings ($20 a week for 26 weeks) (TBD)

- Prize distribution is $400 / $200 / $110 / $70 for 13 team league plus weekly winnings ($20 a week for 26 weeks) (TBD)

- If season is cancelled for any reason, including Player Action, stats and standings will be FINAL, with prize money distributed accordingly.

- Postseason play-in games will not count. Make-up games played after the last scheduled day of the regular season will count.

Some confirmations after Zilladiscussion...tried to bold the stuff we've been discussing.

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you

Bogie is the last to join and he's working on it. I think we have a full squad of AUCTION-READY nerds.

Hopefully you east-coasters haven't gotten used to the time change so staying up late will be easier on you.

I have some meetings in the early afternoon, but I'll be around after that to answer any questions.

Maybe we should keep FDAS on standby for when someone inevitably bails

WE SHOULD DEFINITELY DO THIS

Yahoo's auto-bid system in auctions for people who aren't there is ####### stupid too, so you really do want everyone in teh room.

Maybe we should keep FDAS on standby for when someone inevitably bails

WE SHOULD DEFINITELY DO THIS

Wait, you're letting a Canadian in?

Yahoo's auto-bid system in auctions for people who aren't there is ####### stupid too, so you really do want everyone in teh room.

If there's an autobidder in the auction, they'll get totally screwed because of the differences between our rules and Yahoo defaults.

Great news. I'm out of the house between probably 945-1015

I think you're probably better off just missing out on those players rather than allow Yahoo to autobid everybody up to their market prices on your behalf.