What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Office Pranks...anybody got any? (1 Viewer)

Fat Nick

Footballguy
So my group at work is 4 guys. We sit in a + shaped cube arrangement. The guy diagonal to me used to be my boss, but we're peers now and get along very well. We both enjoy practical jokes. The guy that sits to my right, his left, is British. He's kind of a Nutty Professor type guy. REALLY smart, but can't explain what he knows to save his life. He also is full of whacky British phrases, and overreacts to everything. Needless to say, he's a great mark for jokes.

So our latest prank is turning out to be my favorite. I bought a USB wireless mouse the other day. One of those little ones with the micro-USB transmitter. I slipped it on the back of his docking station below his monitor cord. He'll NEVER notice it unless he's really looking. Anyway, I can basically flip the mouse on and control his cursor. I don't want him to get suspicious, so I'll just drag the mouse slowly in a direction for a few seconds, or scroll his wheel up, or just click. He SLAMS his mouse against his desk, and I'll stop whatever I was doing. I want him to think banging it makes it stop. I have to do it just enough that he thinks something is wrong with his mouse, but doesn't get suspicious. Anyway, the fun factor thus far is high on this one.

What kind of office-place pranks do you guys have? We work in Fortune 500 corporate environment, so everything must be harmless and not overtly noticeable to the CFO or others walking by. Filling people's cubes with stuff, wrapping all their furniture, etc, won't fly here. In general, a very fast-paced place. Not Tech laid back at all. Whatever it is has to be quick implementation.

Others we've done

-Taping a wheel on his chair with electrical tape --> Frustrating for him, but short lived

-Putting a bunch of screws and brackets around his desk when he returned from vacation so he'd think we took something apart --> enjoyable watching him carefully test each surface, expecting it to fall.

Take a screenshot of the desktop. Make screenshot the desktop wallpaper. Hide all desktop icons

Watch victim lose mind

Take a screenshot of the desktop. Make screenshot the desktop wallpaper. Hide all desktop icons

Watch victim lose mind
I actually really want to do this one...I need him to start smoking again so I have time to do it. Maybe if I keep it up with the mouse thing it'll stress him out and he'll start smoking, then I can do this.

Watch victim lose mind
I actually really want to do this one...I need him to start smoking again so I have time to do it. Maybe if I keep it up with the mouse thing it'll stress him out and he'll start smoking, then I can do this.
Just get to the office a few minutes early and do itOr.....get some nicotine juice for e-cigs and put a few drops in his drink. Will get some in his system and he will start craving a smoke

Last edited by a moderator:
Alt + Shift + Print Screen press all at once, click yes on dialog box, hilarity ensues. Also on some computers you can do Ctrl + Alt + down arrow and it will flip the screen upside down.

Watch victim lose mind
I did this to my boss a couple years back. I also made his left mouse click a right mouse click.

I could hear him swearing up a storm getting more and more frustrated. He called the IT guy, and I caught the IT guy just before he went in his office and clued him in.

It was hilarious and my boss still says that's the best one ever to get him.

Simple one to pull off while he's taking a piss.

Control Panel-> Hardware and Sound -> Mouse -> check Switch Primary and Secondary mouse functions.

It makes a left click act like a right click and vice versa.

This is one the CEO and CFO loves. All you need is a computer and some yellow tape. Go to the office late on a Sunday, put the yellow tape across the front door and make a fake IRS notice saying the have seized the property/office. Get the work early Monday and watch the hilarity ensue. Nothing says funny like the IRS.

Find an old radio, preferably one with a remote if possible.

Hide it under his desk behind his computer if possible.

Tune it to static and put it on very quietly. Slowly throughout the day, make it a tiny bit louder (much easier with a remote).

He'll assume it's his computer and call IT probably.

----------------------

If he leaves his umbrella at work, open it, flip it over, drop like 100 packing peanuts in it, close it back up and put it wherever he keeps it. Next time it rains, try and follow him out to see this in action.

---------------------

If he uses hand sanitizer, get some clear styling gel and fill it up with that.

get a couple of raw clams/mussels/scallops open up his computer case and place them in a spot it wont short out the computer. The smell after a few days will be awesome.

get a couple of raw clams/mussels/scallops open up his computer case and place them in a spot it wont short out the computer. The smell after a few days will be awesome.
:goodposting:

the key to this trick is to hide one that is easily found, and another that is not.. he will throw the one away, but the stink will remain

He wants to prank 1 guy not the whole office. He also might get in trouble for creating a biohazard

Here is one

Another is to switch the G and H keys on the keyboard.
M and N work well too.

Only really works for poor typers though.
Actually you would think it would work better on people who can type without looking at the keyboard.
Someone did it to me and I never noticed. They eventually just told me after about 3 months. I had 0 trouble typing since I almost never look at the keyboard.
So change all the keys to a random pattern!!!

Be dismissive of someone. A lot. So much so he cries to all his fantasy football people about how dismissiveguy hurts his feelings.

Watch victim lose mind
Just get to the office a few minutes early and do itOr.....get some nicotine juice for e-cigs and put a few drops in his drink. Will get some in his system and he will start craving a smoke
Can't...he locks his PC and/or takes it home.

Alt + Shift + Print Screen press all at once, click yes on dialog box, hilarity ensues. Also on some computers you can do Ctrl + Alt + down arrow and it will flip the screen upside down.
I've done the Ctrl+Alt+down thing before...what's the Alt+Shift+Print one do?

So my other co-worker, my partner-in-crime, actually bought one of these. We didn't use it on this guy, because he sits right next to us and we figured it'd annoy us. We used it on a guy in the team a few cubes down. He must be deaf, because we got absolutely no reaction. We just recently retrieved it to put a new battery in it and will try it again on someone new. It does work, and it is loud and random. No clue why this guy was unphased by it.

Loosen all of the screws/nuts on his chair just enough so that when he sits down the chair will give after a few moments.

After the chair collapses and he falls down, throw a blanket over his head and take turns raping him. Savagely.

Watch victim lose mind
Can't...he locks his PC and/or takes it home.

I've done the Ctrl+Alt+down thing before...what's the Alt+Shift+Print one do?
High contrast mode, makes everything all black and purple and whatnot, pretty obnoxious.

One gal who thinks she is indispensable got a notice on letterhead that she needs to report to the mgr at x:00 to discuss her job. Never saw anyone sweat so bad. Was funny as hell even tho I felt bad for her during her duress. And no, I didn't do it. Not courageous enough.

Send a company wide e-mail from his computer calling everyone a bunch of doody-heads.
I read one about adding words to his auto-complete dictionary...it would work well on him as he's relatively unobservant...I haven't done it because it could cause issues if he sent it to the wrong person. Our group supports the CEO/CFO, so we don't have much room for joking most of the time.

Put up a Craiglist casual encounter ad with his email as the contact and he'll get **** pics in his inbox all day. Bonus here is that he'll get fired for it too probably.

Not edgy or anything. But, we would run this one a few times years ago: leave a "While you were out" phone message slip for your target to return the call to Mr. C. Lyon. And give the telephone number to the local zoo.

So my other co-worker, my partner-in-crime, actually bought one of these. We didn't use it on this guy, because he sits right next to us and we figured it'd annoy us. We used it on a guy in the team a few cubes down. He must be deaf, because we got absolutely no reaction. We just recently retrieved it to put a new battery in it and will try it again on someone new. It does work, and it is loud and random. No clue why this guy was unphased by it.
We used this on one of the bosses once and after 2 days, it really broke him down mentally. He tore his office apart and even went into the office next door and crawled under the desk to see if it was coming from there. He finally sent a note to the dept saying "I don't know what this sound is, but I need someone to come into my office and make it stop."

About 12 years ago we opened up a dude's desktop while he was on vacation and put a urinal puck by his power supply fan. Harmless but funny and it took him a while to find the smell.

Loosen all of the screws/nuts on his chair just enough so that when he sits down the chair will give after a few moments.

After the chair collapses and he falls down, throw a blanket over his head and take turns raping him. Savagely.
Not a good idea. He could hurt himself falling down when the chair breaks.

We told a female project manager that we needed to order a fiber optic stretching tool in order to finish a project. She walked around asking people about this tool for a couple hours and everyone played along. When she found out that you can't stretch glass, she screamed at us and left. Women...

buy a can of old-fashioned shaving cream (like Barbasol). put in freezer for a few hours. with needle-nosed pliers, pull out the rubber stop on the bottom of the can and place in victim's desk drawer. as the shaving cream thaws, it escapes through the hole and expands. hilarity ensues.

I once added a new auto-correct that changed someone's first name, which started with T, to "Tool."

Order a pizza to his cube.
Sadly, he'd just pay for it and eat it. He works odd hours, and likes plain cheese pizza. The local Papa John's knows him personally, and calls him their "best customer." He literally calls, and says, "Yeah, it's me. OK. Thanks." and hangs up. They know his order that well.

I work with a bunch of older, technologically challenged individuals. One day a coworker and I put a paper clip on the scanner and scanned a dozen pieces of paper. We then put those dozen papers next in the queue for the printer. The next 3 people to print something out converged on the printer to figure out what had happened to their documents. It took all we had to not crack up laughing as they were having their discussion and ultimately decided to take apart the printer to find the paperclip that had to be lodge inside and was causing the issue on their printouts. Ultimately one of them found a paper clip underneath the printer and determined that it got dislodged and all was fixed.

Used to get some pretty good mileage out of the office printer's LCD display. It's fairly easy to change the text on an HP printer to read whatever you want it to say. Good fun for shared printer setups.

Users who are viewing this thread