Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Cooking Discussion Thread***

1 hour ago, Hastur said:

Garlic Confit

Several bulbs of garlic, broken into cloves and peeled but left whole(I'm talking 30-40 cloves of garlic)

Enough Olive Oil to cover all ingredients

Fresh rosemary or Thyme

Fresh chili of your choice, chopped coursely

Bay leaf

Put all ingredients into a sauce pan and simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes.  Let cool and store in fridge for [b]several months.[/b] Great on toast, mixed with roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes, so many uses for these little cloves of gold.

If you are a fan of garlic, you've got to do this.  So easy, and oh so tasty.

Just a heads up about a potential for botulism poisoning when using garlic confit. It's a small risk, but this lady recommends only making enough for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to murder the person who invented the 20 paragraph bull#### about a recipe that I have to scroll down for 5 minutes before finally getting to the recipe itself

Weather got cool (low 60s) so I decided to knock out a batch of seafood gumbo, and man did it turn out KILLER. Before After I skimped on using the best quality sausage and crab meat, an

Discovered a killer Asian market just down the road a couple weeks ago. I've been there about 5 times since. I decided to try my hand at home made pork dumplings last week, they turned out great. I pa

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got sold to making my own pasta. 

i did:

2.5 cups flour 

3 eggs

3 egg yolks

3 tablespoons tomato paste

1 tsp olive oil

1 tsp salt

Meatballs were 50/50 lamb/beef with onion, garlic and Basil leaves, seared in duck fat then finished in the sauce. 

the sauce was the only thing store bought, but it was Rao’s roasted garlic so worth it. 

My link

• Like 3

Leftover mashed potatoes

1 egg

1/2 cup flour

Chopped spring onions

cheese - lots of cheese

salt and pepper

mix all ingredients together, and form into 1/2 cup balls.  Flatten into pancake shape, dredge in flour, pan fry til golden brown.  Heart attack inducing breakfast goodness.  You can add some (already cooked)diced ham, bacon, or sausage if you'd like.  Pretty versatile recipe.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Hastur said:

Leftover mashed potatoes

1 egg

1/2 cup flour

Chopped spring onions

cheese - lots of cheese

salt and pepper

mix all ingredients together, and form into 1/2 cup balls.  Flatten into pancake shape, dredge in flour, pan fry til golden brown.  Heart attack inducing breakfast goodness.  You can add some (already cooked)diced ham, bacon, or sausage if you'd like.  Pretty versatile recipe.

Are you familiar with croquettes? 

suggestions:

diced ham and cheese (manchego) 

sour cream and chive

minced sherry mushrooms

ground chorizo

3 hours ago, Drunken knight said:

Are you familiar with croquettes? 

suggestions:

diced ham and cheese (manchego) 

sour cream and chive

minced sherry mushrooms

ground chorizo

You, Sir Knight, are my hero.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I like avocado on everything and have taken to replacing all cheese in my diet with it.  It's a far better fat source than cheese and offers a very similar culinary experience - avocado on a medium rare sous vide burger (even better if it's bison) with habanero powder is just heaven.