What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peaky Blinders -BBC Miniseries (1 Viewer)

I finished both seasons. I really like how likeable they make Thomas and how unlikeable they make Arthur. Also, it's interesting how they can make some very soap-opera-y story lines without it feeling like I'm watching a soap opera.

I thought the end of season 2 was a bit too predictable. I thought it was pretty obvious they wouldn't kill Thomas and that one of them would save him. I guess it was a nice little twist to make it the work of Churchill, though. I just assumed one of those guys would be on the Peaky Blinders payroll.

I finished both seasons. I really like how likeable they make Thomas and how unlikeable they make Arthur. Also, it's interesting how they can make some very soap-opera-y story lines without it feeling like I'm watching a soap opera.

I thought the end of season 2 was a bit too predictable. I thought it was pretty obvious they wouldn't kill Thomas and that one of them would save him. I guess it was a nice little twist to make it the work of Churchill, though. I just assumed one of those guys would be on the Peaky Blinders payroll.
Totally agree with this. I tried describing the show to my wife and thought "these are soap opera story lines" but feels like you're watching a guy show instead. There are moments (tail end of season 2) where larger parts felt soap opera-y, but the good outweighs the bad by a large margin.

Fantastic series. Netflix knocking it out of the park recently

finished series 1 and watched the first episode of 2

will check back after I've watched them all

Any news on when season 3 comes out? I'm looking forward to going back and rewatching the first two. Almost forgot about this show, was really enjoyable though.

Wow! Just finished series 2. Amazing.

This is what Boardwalk Empire wishes it had been

(Although if you're not picky about anachronistic soundtrack choices, steer clear. The Arctic Monkeys were not around in 1921)

I just binged watched three episodes and I am not seeing why people think this is a good show. Does it get better or is it pretty much it.

I just binged watched three episodes and I am not seeing why people think this is a good show. Does it get better or is it pretty much it.
Starts slow and builds up a lot of steam. First 2 I thought were meh.

2nd season was a little uneven, but still solid.

Stick with it
I agree, although I am surprised that after three episodes one would question whether it's a good show or not. I think I was hooked by the end of the 2nd episode, but it certainly does get better and better the further you delve into it.

Stick with it
I agree, although I am surprised that after three episodes one would question whether it's a good show or not. I think I was hooked by the end of the 2nd episode, but it certainly does get better and better the further you delve into it.
I liked it pretty much immediately but my wife took about 3 or 4 episodes before she really liked it and it turned into one of her favorite shows.

Just finished season 2. Awesome show. It's amazing the acting, writing and production value you see in TV series these days. 

it's already airing on BBC and I think they have an app so maybe the first 2 episodes are already available that way.

it's already airing on BBC and I think they have an app so maybe the first 2 episodes are already available that way.
So does that mean it's not a whole season dump on Netflix? Doesn't matter to me since I'm not into binge watching but I thought that's how Netflix does it now.

Now that's a wedding party!

I liked how they kept everyone guessing who he was marrying until the last moment. My wife was hoping it was the other woman because she thinks Grace is boring, and I agree, but I figured it would be her.

Watched the first 2 episodes and WOW at the end of episode 2 - I did not expect that all all.

Looking forward to some serious payback and Shelby RAGE.

Watched the first 2 episodes and WOW at the end of episode 2 - I did not expect that all all.

Looking forward to some serious payback and Shelby RAGE.
Watched the second one last night. I don't think your post gave anything away since it was obvious something was going to happen. I was trying to figure out if the charity event was on Sunday since that's when the hit man was set to arrive.

Great start to the season.

I don't binge...lol

It's at the bottom of the selections on the page where you push play after selecting the episode. Should say caption options or something.

Has to be the worst title of a series, movie, show, etc of all time. Just awful.
Nah, not really.  Catchy name actually.  Prefer it to Cheeky Bastards.  

Just finished Season 1.  Pretty good, not blown away.  There were a few occasions when I felt Sons of Anarchy coming on but thankfully that was not the case.  Enjoyed Cillian Murphy.  Damn good actor.  7/10

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW

Finished Season 3 last night - one of the better season finales I've ever seen - until the last 2 minutes. Did not expect that - WTF ?!

Tom Hardy as Alfie the Rabbi gangster is just fantastic - he does not get enough screen time imo. Just wow.

Happy to hear there will be a season 4 & 5 - but when will that happen? 2017? ugh

Users who are viewing this thread