What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (9 Viewers)

Teams not paid

@PIK95 two ####### years running with several "paypal is on the way" posts.  Getting obnoxious. 

@HellToupee Mr fancy degree guy who should be able to push a U.S. Grant through the electrons

@Spartans Rule Seems like you should have listed yourself, even if you are ghost-riding the whip

@Northern Voice Tim Horton's is awesome, pay your tab #####! 
I pride myself on paying last  . How much and who do I pay .Will do tomorrow night

I've played in 100 leagues at least, @cheese and @Eephus are the biggest saves whores out there.  16 saves a piece so far!  :lmao:
The game within the game.

I looked through some of the old transactions on CBS during the offseason and couldn't remember a bunch of my speculative RP pickups.  I honestly think it used to be worse before the league went prospect crazy.

The game within the game.

I looked through some of the old transactions on CBS during the offseason and couldn't remember a bunch of my speculative RP pickups.  I honestly think it used to be worse before the league went prospect crazy.
Yeah I think with a 12 team league this is usually not the norm but we've had expansion, contraction, and PIK blowing up his team.  Based on the expansion rules it was prudent to have a lot of prospects, last year I went most of the season with no active bench hitters.  Now with 40 man rosters I have 5 bench hitters (3 currently dead), and some young pitchers.  Last year I allowed myself two slots for speculative saves, this year three.  If I'm top four in July (not likely) I'd allow at least one more slot, if not I'll deal closers to contenders as I have the prior two years. 

So I've been there to spot closers on the wire and I passed, I just don't have enough hitting to win the league.  Not dropping a guy like Juan Soto :wub: for a guy who may or may not get saves this year.  Dynasty leagues are a lot of fun watching your zygotes in low A rake, and dreaming he'll do that with the big buildings in three years or less.  Great league, love it here.  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too early to tell whether the offseason changes shifted the balance of power significantly.  The standings seem more balanced but the newer teams are still clustered near the bottom.  PIK is tracking near the IP limits for a change.

This has never been a big trading league and I didn't expect the rules changes alone would make a big difference.  If there's more competition at the top of the standings, this will probably drive trading more.  The slightly expanded rosters hasn't really affected the talent pool or roster decisions.

Rostered players not in CBS database as of 20 Apr 2017

Lazaro Armenteros (Cuba) Pik95
Shohei Otani (Japan) rodg12
Jeren Kendall (NCAA) eephus
Luis Robert (Cuba)  Hell Toupee

Eephus said:
It's too early to tell whether the offseason changes shifted the balance of power significantly.  The standings seem more balanced but the newer teams are still clustered near the bottom. 
Seems much more balanced early on...

Something weird happened with position eligibility unless I just got unlucky.  I had been using Schwarber at catcher and Martinez at 1b all year and they seem to have just lost eligibility over night. 

Something weird happened with position eligibility unless I just got unlucky.  I had been using Schwarber at catcher and Martinez at 1b all year and they seem to have just lost eligibility over night. 
You got lucky.  Probably moved them out of the starting line-up for the first time?  CBS has this quirk where it allows guys to stay in an ineligible position the next year they had qualified for the previous year as long as you leave them in the starting line-up.

I have been rotating them in and out for off days and when I went back and checked prior days lineups, they were listed as 1b/c beside their names as recently as 4/19 (whether in bench or lineup).  Now, they show as only OF/DH no matter where they are.  So they actually lost eligibility midseason.  Whether those guys should have that eligibility (Schwarber is a catcher everywhere else but I get that it's complicated for him) is one thing, but I've never heard of guys getting positions removed midseason like that. 

oh and Castro was listed as having SS last week and now he's only 2b.  They had to have done some kind of update.

I have been rotating them in and out for off days and when I went back and checked prior days lineups, they were listed as 1b/c beside their names as recently as 4/19 (whether in bench or lineup).  Now, they show as only OF/DH no matter where they are.  So they actually lost eligibility midseason.  Whether those guys should have that eligibility (Schwarber is a catcher everywhere else but I get that it's complicated for him) is one thing, but I've never heard of guys getting positions removed midseason like that. 
I vaguely recall something similar happening with Billy Hamilton during his rookie year.  He had carried over 2B eligibility from the minors but was reclassified as an OF when he gained MLB eligibility there.  Owners were OK as long as they kept him in the lineup in a 2B or MI slot but as soon as he rotated out, he reverted to OF only.

Here's the eligibility explanation from CBS

Primary Position & Games Played - With this setting, the players in your league will be eligible at their Primary Position and any positions for which they qualify as a result of your Games Played eligibility rules. Primary Position is defined by the CBSSports.com Fantasy Experts prior to the season start and is usually a player's natural position or the position they are supposed to be playing during the upcoming season. This is the recommended option to use in your league. If you choose to use only Games Played, you run the risk of having popular players who do not qualify for any position since they may not have played the required number of games yet.
Our games played thresholds are set at 10 appearances in the previous year and 5 in the current year.  Schwarber only appeared in 2 games in 2016 both times as an OF.

This article suggests that he didn't have C eligibility in CBS redrafts so the eligibility carryover in our league was an anomaly.

I can do without CBS' autoloading video crap and their preference for projections over stats but the core fantasy engine is pretty good now.  Maybe I've just gotten used to the Commissioner UI.

I'm Pro CBS since they have added the active in lineup feature(even including where a player is hitting in the lineup). No more complaints from me, happy with the service although it is to expensive if you do have to pay. 

phone app is also noticeably better (not the best out there, but i don't hate using it anymore)

ETA: also, still waiting on someone to trade me a reasonably priced closer.

Added Seth Beer (NCAA Soph)

Dropped Casey Gillaspie
Eephus is getting into the PIK market, I see.

Meanwhile, I've cornered the DL'ed Top 5 pitcher market. Good luck to the rest of you with healthy lats and parked motorbikes.

Eephus is getting into the PIK market, I see.

Meanwhile, I've cornered the DL'ed Top 5 pitcher market. Good luck to the rest of you with healthy lats and parked motorbikes.
I've been reducing the size of my MLB bench for a few years in favor of speculating on high potential futures.

I still support the proposed rule change to limit in-season pickups of amateurs but I figured somebody else was going to make a Beer run pretty soon.

Made my first weekly recap  :excited:  

<_<

Worst in Show

Kraft's ERA was more LOL this week as it rounded out to a pitiful6.44. That was the highest ERA of any team this week. Mike Foltynewicz stuck out as the worst performer for Kraft, totaling a 15.75 ERA in 4 innings. As a result, Kraft dropped seven spots in the ERA standings (now 8th).

The expansion rules dividing one franchise and a bunch of scrubs for @Arsenal of Doom @Kraft... and me put us in a place where we can't compete for years.  Then there is you.  :coffee:  
It wasn't an expansion.  There always were 13 teams.  It's just that the year the three of you joined, two of the folded teams were really bad.  In retrospect, that would have been a good to contract down to 12.

PIK is waiting for the switch to Gobbler format.

I want Luis Robert CWSOX Cuban.

Drop Tanner Roark if I don't have the spot.  I can't remember if I did.

If they are FA's, give me...

Adam Haseley-Virginia OF

Pavin Smith-Virginia 1B

I just dropped two guys.  Tia.

Users who are viewing this thread