What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (3 Viewers)

The current waiver order:
1. Arsenal
2. No Dynasty for Old Men
3. RnR
4. Greedygoat
5. Kraft
6. Rodg12
7. Brendan Rodgers Roasters
8. Thames Impala (NV)
9. Spartans Rule
10. HellToupee
11. Cheese
12. pik95

2017 Standings for posterity

RANK    TEAM        TOTAL
1    Eephus        106.5
2    Cheese        98.5
3    HellToupee    94
4    Spartans Rule    85
5    Rodg12        74.5
6    NV         69
7    Doctor Detroit    54
8    Greedygoat    53
9    Kraft        44
10    RnR        43.5
11    Arsenal        30
12    pik95        28
Nice.

Rosters have been uploaded here complete with the always interesting CBS projections.

Post your 25 man protected lists here by February 5th and I'll update the Googlesheet. 

The competitive balance draft will happen on February TBA.  It'll be a three round draft in reverse order of 2017 league standings.  Teams can only lose three players in the draft.  A team is allowed to draft one of their own unprotected players, which will also count towards the three player limit.

The draft pool will consist of the 180 (15x12) unprotected players, CBS free agents and any other players in the baseball universe.  NOTE:  this draft will be the only opportunity to add amateurs and international free agents during the 2018 fantasy season.

Some tough choices to make  :mellow:

Jeurys Familia available for trade if anyone is interested :coffee:   would need a protection worthy player(s) in return

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be a tough draft board to make.  Some of the new international guys are taken I assume?

Rosters have been uploaded here complete with the always interesting CBS projections.

Post your 25 man protected lists here by February 5th and I'll update the Googlesheet. 

The competitive balance draft will happen on February TBA.  It'll be a three round draft in reverse order of 2017 league standings.  Teams can only lose three players in the draft.  A team is allowed to draft one of their own unprotected players, which will also count towards the three player limit.

The draft pool will consist of the 180 (15x12) unprotected players, CBS free agents and any other players in the baseball universe.  NOTE:  this draft will be the only opportunity to add amateurs and international free agents during the 2018 fantasy season.
I just spent a couple of hours trying to sort this out, and I have twenty two sure keepers.  I have six guys for the last three spots that I will wait on.

Subject to change, but here is where I am so far on keepers for entertainment purposes.  It's only twenty two, so three more needed.  Six contenders for those spots probably.

PIK Early Protected List

Hitters/
Arenado
Lindor
Benintendi
S. Marte
A. Hays
J. Bell
Senzel
K. Tucker
F. Mejia
Verdugo
Fisher
J.P. Crawford
Pavin Smith
Winker
W. Calhoun
J. Bauers

D. Deshields

Pitchers/
K. Hendricks
B. Honeywell
M. Gore
F. Rivero
A. Bradley

Unprotected in Alphabetical Order/
Hitters/

J.Adell
L.Armenteros
B.Bradley
J.Burger
M.Chavis
A.Haseley
B.Marsh

M.Moniak
C.Pache
E.Rosario
H.Renfroe
D.Smith

Pitchers/
Y.Alvarez
R.Lopez
F. Martes
S.Sanchez
B.Snell
R.Stevenson

Like any keepers, the last cuts will be the toughest.  The dynasty element makes the decisions more interesting.
Two of my three next are probably easy.  It's that last spot that's a killer.  Injury or a surprise job opportunity might give some clarity too.  Luckily for me, my squad is prettt weak, and there will be better quality elsewhere.

I looked at my roster the other day and honestly don't remember adding a couple of them.  I double checked and the Google sheet is correct.

I could have sworn Chris Shaw was on my team but it turns out I dropped him in September :bag:

Interesting how prospects fall in and out of favor from year to year, Corey Ray for example seems to have fallen off quite a bit  :(

I'm also set on 22, with 6 guys fighting for 3 spots. It's between 3 veterans coming off confusing seasons and 3 zygotes I :wub: but am trying to be realistic about.

I looked at my roster the other day and honestly don't remember adding a couple of them.  I double checked and the Google sheet is correct.

I could have sworn Chris Shaw was on my team but it turns out I dropped him in September :bag:
I had him after college, then made a mistake and dropped him.  I remember being shocked when you did the same.  He's on my short list.

The protected list was a big part of my thinking when bailing on both Shaw and Corey Ray.  I figured I wasn't going to be able to protect either one in my 25 so I went with guys who could provide more short term production.

I hope I'm wrong on both of them because the Giants and Brewers are my two favorite teams.   I also read up a lot on my prospects and Ray comes off in interviews like a really good kid.

Just went through the Hoos draft from last year, good times rife with Xander Bogaerts shtick, if we only knew what a crap year he would have. 

Link draft might be a little different were it to take place today <_<  

Clayton Kershaw

Stay tuned over the next 24 days for the rest :popcorn:
Today I protect Rhys Hoskins.

Seemed like this had good schtick potential at the time but now I realize it'll be 2 weeks of posting obvious keepers before it gets remotely interesting. Think I'm gonna stop.

Just went through the Hoos draft from last year, good times rife with Xander Bogaerts shtick, if we only knew what a crap year he would have. 

Link draft might be a little different were it to take place today <_<  
I almost took Belanger over Hendrick but thought he would slide past the contenders to my 2.1.  HUGE mistake obviously.

Today I protect Rhys Hoskins.

Seemed like this had good schtick potential at the time but now I realize it'll be 2 weeks of posting obvious keepers before it gets remotely interesting. Think I'm gonna stop.
Just post 15 or 20.  Might get trade talks going at a minimum.  I am looking for a younger SP for someone on my maybe keeper list. 

Mickey Moniac is a guy I would move.  Some love him and some hate him, I know.  His name is Mickey though, and that's gotta be worth something.

Just post 15 or 20.  Might get trade talks going at a minimum.  I am looking for a younger SP for someone on my maybe keeper list. 
The most available players on my roster are Triston McKenzie and Hunter Greene. My heart says protect them, but TINSTAAPP says #### off.

I'm looking for some vet SP to round out my staff. As good as Kershaw is, I can't bank on Buehler and Gohara to be my 2 and 3 this year even though I love them.

Kraft and Spartans Rule announce a 5 player trade

Kraft gets

Buehler, Walker RP | LAD

Kingery, Scott 2B | PHI

McMahon, Ryan 1B | COL

Spartans Rule gets

Keuchel, Dallas SP | HOU

Familia, Jeurys RP | NYM

I've had a weird lefty SP fetish in this league for some reason. Almost always have a mostly LHP staff. Could start this season with Kershaw, Keuchel, Lester, Corbin and Gohara.

Not like I plan it that way. In the last 2 BTTFs I've been pretty much nothing but righties.

Tenative

• Altuve
  • Votto
  • Stanton
  • Braun
  • Abreu
  • Thames
  • Gurriel
  • Reynolds
  • Lucroy
  • Tulowitzki
  • Mckay
  • Urias
  • Lewis
  • Kelly

• Greinke
  • Carrasco
  • Verlander
  • Stroman
  • Gray
  • Sanchez
  • Happ
  • Estrada
  • Osuna
  • Neris
  • Britton
-------------

Zobrist, Bautista, Phillips, Tellesz, Reyes, Hilliard, Quinn, RDavis, Martin, Mauer, Wainwright, Hoffman, Urena

I have 21 definite protections right now.

Hitters: Posey, Perez, Hoskins, Santana, Olson, Odor, Gregorius, Upton, McCutchen, Puig, Bichette, Mateo.

Pitchers: Kershaw, Keuchel, Lester, Nelson, Gohara, Chapman, Kimbrel, Melancon, Familia.

Eduardo Nunez will probably be 22 but I'd like to see him actually sign somewhere.

I have 21 definite protections right now.

Hitters: Posey, Perez, Hoskins, Santana, Olson, Odor, Gregorius, Upton, McCutchen, Puig, Bichette, Mateo.

Pitchers: Kershaw, Keuchel, Lester, Nelson, Gohara, Chapman, Kimbrel, Melancon, Familia.

Eduardo Nunez will probably be 22 but I'd like to see him actually sign somewhere.
Could you list unprotected guys?  First name or even initial along with last name is greatly appreciated.

Could you list unprotected guys?  First name or even initial along with last name is greatly appreciated.
Hitters: Scooter Gennett, Zack Cozart, Adrian Beltre, Todd Frazier, Jedd Gyorko, Ian Desmond, Aaron Altherr, Dexter Fowler, Keibert Ruiz, Taylor Trammell.

Pitchers: Patrick Corbin, Rick Porcello, Andrew Miller, Keone Kela, Trevor Hildenberger, Triston McKenzie, Hunter Greene.

I still get to protect 3 of these guys though.

Updated list. One more to go. I have a couple of nice prospects or even Rosario (only 25) that I could move for a younger pitcher.  2020 is getting closer...

Hitters/
Arenado
Lindor
Benintendi
S. Marte
A. Hays
J. Bell
Senzel
K. Tucker
F. Mejia
Verdugo
J.P. Crawford
Pavin Smith
Winker
W. Calhoun
J. Bauers
J. Adell
D. Deshields

Pitchers/
K. Hendricks
B. Snell
B. Honeywell
M. Gore
S. Sanchez
F. Rivero
A. Bradley

Unprotected in Alphabetical Order/
Hitters/
L.Armenteros
B.Bradley
J.Burger
M.Chavis
D. Fisher
A.Haseley
B. Marsh
M.Moniak
C.Pache
E.Rosario
H.Renfroe
D.Smith

Pitchers/
Y.Alvarez
R.Lopez
F. Martes
R.Stevenson

Sorry to see you go Goat.  Also so long to your friend at CBS.

We probably need to consider migrating the league from CBS to Fantrax as a cost saving measure.

Greedygoat roster

C    J.T. Realmuto C | MIA
1B    Paul Goldschmidt 1B | ARI
2B    Jonathan Schoop 2B | BAL
3B    Hernan Perez 2B,3B,OF | MIL
SS    Amed Rosario SS | NYM
MI    Jose Ramirez 2B,3B | CLE
CI    Chris Davis 1B | BAL
OF    Melky Cabrera OF | KC
OF    Adam Jones OF | BAL
OF    Trey Mancini 1B,OF | BAL
OF    Christian Yelich OF | MIA