What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (4 Viewers)

I dropped Seth Beer.  He was the last amateur.

Everybody left on a roster is in the CBS database.
The real Baez from the Padres was a FA Last time I looked.  The place holder was on the roster.  I almost picked him up for shtick.

Tim Anderson was my last cut and I'm regretting that decision because he's exactly what I need right now.  Kept Mondesi because of the elite base stealing ceiling, but they are essentially the same player only Anderson is playing. 

I feel like Ray, McCullers, Taillon, Matz, and Bundy is a really above average staff going forward (and Giolito could figure it out one day), but all those guys are still trying to perfect their games.  I think all can be #2 fantasy starters though, but playing them all right now is hit or miss.  Salazar coming back could help too, but I need to balance the ratios as I have a lot of pitchers who are similar in what they return. 

Usually I make a big April trade but I'm gonna sit on the sidelines for awhile to see what I have.  I think the hitting is almost there, I just lack depth at utility and but I have some upper minors talent that could change that fairly soon. 

Looks like the league has some new contenders this year, good to see a little bit of turnover at the top.  Maybe Pik will win in 2028, I'm in the money next year. 

Tim Anderson was my last cut and I'm regretting that decision because he's exactly what I need right now.  Kept Mondesi because of the elite base stealing ceiling, but they are essentially the same player only Anderson is playing. 

I feel like Ray, McCullers, Taillon, Matz, and Bundy is a really above average staff going forward (and Giolito could figure it out one day), but all those guys are still trying to perfect their games.  I think all can be #2 fantasy starters though, but playing them all right now is hit or miss.  Salazar coming back could help too, but I need to balance the ratios as I have a lot of pitchers who are similar in what they return. 

Usually I make a big April trade but I'm gonna sit on the sidelines for awhile to see what I have.  I think the hitting is almost there, I just lack depth at utility and but I have some upper minors talent that could change that fairly soon. 

Looks like the league has some new contenders this year, good to see a little bit of turnover at the top.  Maybe Pik will win in 2028, I'm in the money next year. 
I'm hoping for 2022 fwiw.

Because I'm super high on Matt Chapman, that was actually a very difficult decision to pull the trigger.  Both of the pitchers I acquired could easily tank, but I am pretty stacked at the corner infield spots and can afford the risk.  Tough call but I think I made the right choice.

PIK95 said:
Because I'm super high on Matt Chapman, that was actually a very difficult decision to pull the trigger.  Both of the pitchers I acquired could easily tank, but I am pretty stacked at the corner infield spots and can afford the risk.  Tough call but I think I made the right choice.
You dealt a guy you took in the CB draft back to HT for 2 guys he protected, so in that sense you did pretty well.

Of course things have changed since then. I left Patrick Corbin unprotected, thank God nobody took him.

You dealt a guy you took in the CB draft back to HT for 2 guys he protected, so in that sense you did pretty well.

Of course things have changed since then. I left Patrick Corbin unprotected, thank God nobody took him.
A day out and I can't still decide if I did the right thing.  I think the Sox pitcher will be up this year so that would be helpful.  The other guy is supposed to be decent, but I could see @Eephus crushing me for this one down the road.

I gave Andrew Miller

Sparty gave Yasmany Tomas

I gave Todd Frazier and Luke Gregerson

Sparty gave Javier Baez and Jamison Taillon
So those are all the trades since I returned.  Some I like more than others, obviously the Frazier trade looks terrible but I'm a big believer in Baez and Tallion seems like a good bet to be a solid starter.  I really wanted Hosmer and I have an excess of zygote arms, so I thought that one was pretty smart. 

Team seems a way off based on my position in the standings but my starting pitching is going to look a lot different in August and next year than it does now.  I'm a couple hitters away from making a true impact but I have some solid pieces, and my entire team has a total of three players over the age of 30 (Granderson, Vogt, and Niese who I will drop tomorrow). Not sure what that means, but at least I'm trying to do it the way I think will work.  What I don't want to happen is build a 6th place team that is right back in 11th in four years.  We'll see, been fun so far though.  :hifive:
Baez starting to provide returns. :wub:  

This is what makes dynasty leagues awesome. 

A day out and I can't still decide if I did the right thing.  I think the Sox pitcher will be up this year so that would be helpful.  The other guy is supposed to be decent, but I could see @Eephus crushing me for this one down the road.
I’m 100% sold on Whitley and think he will be a bonafide ace. Not just a teams #1 but a true stud. Kopech on the other hand I have my doubts about but he’s loved on prospect lists. It was a great deal for you but I’m really spooked about Donaldson’s injury and overpaid to make the move

My pitching staff is a ####show, Jesus.  Bundy, Duffy, Taillon, Matz, Ray, and McCullers have given up a total of 408 earned runs this week.  :X :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
When Rendon comes off the DL I'm actually going to have to make a lineup decision with my offense. First time this season I've had more than a starting lineup in the Bigs.  :excited:

When Rendon comes off the DL I'm actually going to have to make a lineup decision with my offense. First time this season I've had more than a starting lineup in the Bigs.  :excited:
I have always believed in carrying piles of extra hitters with solid obp/avg for off days and playing matchups. This year though, I may have been better with the minimum. I can’t tell you how many homers and steals I’ve left on the bench this year from my “starters” due to lefty vs lefty, etc. #firstplaceproblems

I have always believed in carrying piles of extra hitters with solid obp/avg for off days and playing matchups. This year though, I may have been better with the minimum. I can’t tell you how many homers and steals I’ve left on the bench this year from my “starters” due to lefty vs lefty, etc. #firstplaceproblems
I usually have that problem, but this year I’ve left very little production on the bench. Of course that’s kinda because nobody on my team is hitting right now.

I will trade the Peacock for a young player.  I still think he will end up closing, so I want a solid player in return.  He puts up in every category as it is.

I MIGHT move Kyle Hendricks now, but I think his value will only increase going forward so no rush there.  He's 28 and almost a stud.  Make an offer if you are bored.

We're less than a month away from the amateur draft which seems like a good time to discuss possible year 12 rule changes.

The competitive balance draft pool will be deeper because of first year players so another round or two of the pre-season competitive balance draft seems like a no brainer.  Do we want to consider any other changes, e.g. number of protected players/players you can lose, pre-season waivers run, etc.?

We're less than a month away from the amateur draft which seems like a good time to discuss possible year 12 rule changes.

The competitive balance draft pool will be deeper because of first year players so another round or two of the pre-season competitive balance draft seems like a no brainer.  Do we want to consider any other changes, e.g. number of protected players/players you can lose, pre-season waivers run, etc.?
A "territorial rights" exemption for protected players. In addition to the players you choose to protect, you can keep an additional 3 minor leaguers if they live in your geographical area (my area is all of Canada, thanks).

A "territorial rights" exemption for protected players. In addition to the players you choose to protect, you can keep an additional 3 minor leaguers if they live in your geographical area (my area is all of Canada, thanks).
Are there any Canadians you don't have?

I have an excess at 3B and OF

Looking for a MIF, SP

Franco

Castellanos 

Villanueva

Suarez

Zimmer

Margot 

Candelario

Cespedes 

chavis 

mountcastle 

I’d trade anyone for right offer but more interested in a ho hum need for need trade. 

I think 25 protected players works well. One extra round would probably be sufficient for the roster-worthy first-year players. We could add a 5th round and the possibility of losing a 4th player if people want it, but I don't think it's really necessary. Other than that I like what we've got as far as rules.

Spartans Rule said:
I think 25 protected players works well. One extra round would probably be sufficient for the roster-worthy first-year players. We could add a 5th round and the possibility of losing a 4th player if people want it, but I don't think it's really necessary. Other than that I like what we've got as far as rules.
I too like the 25 protected rule with the 40 man roster to match up with MLB.  I think adding a 4th round will do the trick for the competitive balance draft.

Pretty sure Votto has been denounced by Canada this week so he’s now fair game again. 

Can competitive draft picks be traded? 
I think that's a bad precedent.  We've historically had some owner turnover and I wouldn't want to see an owner mortgage their future and then bail on the league.

I'd be OK if someone trades a pick for a player next February but not right now.

I think that's a bad precedent.  We've historically had some owner turnover and I wouldn't want to see an owner mortgage their future and then bail on the league.

I'd be OK if someone trades a pick for a player next February but not right now.
:thumbup:  makes sense 

My ridiculous streak of health finally came to an end yesterday with Dee hitting the dl and Haniger getting hit on the hand. I came into yesterday with 0 players injured, which looking around other teams and my teams in every other league seems impossible. 

Users who are viewing this thread