What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (4 Viewers)

I was deciding between he and Mondesi to protect.  Anderson was at one time a guy that looked like he might steal 50 bases, but that seems a thing of the past even at 22.  His hard hit rate and his glove will mean he'll contribute in the counting stats and he looks like a 20/20 guy, but he just has no interest at all in walking.  I think he had a streak last year where he went 115 consecutive plate appearances without a walk, oof.  Mondesi is probably the same player only Mondesi will be a steal machine if he can start hitting more consistently. 

Figured I'd lose Anderson but I'm not really sad about it. 
I’ve done a lot wrong with pitching but I’ve done well with hitters. My last decision this spring was picking Anderson or Mondesi as my 25th protected player. That seems like the right call. 

I’ll start thinking about my 25 next week after a few days to mellow from the season. But some decisions are more critical than others. 

I have it on good authority that HellToupee wishes there was 1 more week left in the season. If you need to reach him please don’t hesitate to reach out me. 
Personally I wish the season could stop right now. But I think 2 more days will be plenty for him to pull this off.

Congrats to HT, that was an epic comeback the last two weeks. 

I couldn’t hold onto 3rd but that’s 10th, 9th, 7th, and 4th over my first four years back. 

Good run HT, made it exciting till the end.

Tough break Sparty, well fought  :thumbup:

Hopefully I'm ready for a jump next year with some of my prospect fruit ripening :popcorn:  

Looks like CBS is counting today's games
If I get a homer and at least two runs from Puig, and Blackmon, Muncy and Cain all fail to score, and neither Baez or Dozier homers, and I get an extended baserunnerless relief appearance from Stripling and/or Peralta....

So you’re telling me there’s a chance!  :excited:

If I get a homer and at least two runs from Puig, and Blackmon, Muncy and Cain all fail to score, and neither Baez or Dozier homers, and I get an extended baserunnerless relief appearance from Stripling and/or Peralta....

So you’re telling me there’s a chance!  :excited:
Should have added no save from Hader or Knebel to the list.

FishTacoTuesday said:
I don’t dislike HT, but Sparty finally deserved to win. He led the last 4 months. 
Only the last day counts. :kicksrock:

Always lessons to learn. I should've used more IP in midseason when I had a bunch of guys throwing well so I didn't end up having to stream down the stretch. I had a few bad streams but mostly my own guys just imploded. Never thought I'd end up freaking 8th in ERA.

Sucks to blow it in spectacular fashion like that, but HT's deserving too. He's also been a good owner in this league and had a lot of high finishes. I'll get my title eventually.

Always lessons to learn. I should've used more IP in midseason when I had a bunch of guys throwing well so I didn't end up having to stream down the stretch. I had a few bad streams but mostly my own guys just imploded. Never thought I'd end up freaking 8th in ERA.

Sucks to blow it in spectacular fashion like that, but HT's deserving too. He's also been a good owner in this league and had a lot of high finishes. I'll get my title eventually.
I feel bad for you Sparty, I never thought I could catch you . This happened to me  last year in Newza  , led from April until the last day. Horrible feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Late-season fantasy strategies will have to adjust to the use of opening pitchers.  It affected the value of all non-Snell pitchers in TB and a number of other teams experimented with it in September.  The large rosters in this league already deplete the supply of SPs so streaming was tough business for people chasing IP down the stretch.  If I remember next year, I'll be less concerned about a positive IP run rate early in the season.

My pitching points declined from 56 last year to 30.  Prime seasons from Kluber and Sale got regressed to the mean by an otherwise mediocre staff.  It seemed like none of my SP hunches worked out; some years the Zacks are godley and other years they're crap.

Congrats HT.  Tough luck Sparty.  This is one you'll both remember.

I was in 13th in Cake in June and got 2nd on the last day, big payout league but I didn’t deserve that. 

That said fantasy baseball is 80% skill and 20% luck. Fantasy football at best, is 50% skill and with Ppr it’s closer to 25%. I only play that in dedicated leagues now, I actually find it unenjoyable these days. 

@Eephus

I want to pickup a player that isn’t in the database KRISTIAN ROBINSON OF DIAMONDBACKS. He signed June 2017. Helltoupee does, that is.

Pickup —-Kristian Robinson 

Cut—Billy McKinney

tia

Guess who didn't finish last for the first time in a while.  :)

Also, congrats Sparty.  Good to see you finally pull it off.

Are we doing that protect 25 guys thing again?  That's gonna be tough for me.

I’m interested in some offseason trading. I have too many outfielders, would like to deal one, probably Eddie Rosario but would trade others. Could use SP help, maybe a closer (need to see how FA goes), or a high-end prospect.

I’ll consider offers on anyone over 30. Not having a fire sale or anything but I’d like to get younger if the price is right.

Prospects not for sale, at least not the really good ones.

Unless Greedygoat's friend at CBS has us on auto-renew, it's likely we'll have to migrate this league to Fantrax next season.  After the rosters freeze, I'll export rosters, standings, waiver order, etc. to a Google doc for safe keeping.

Unless Greedygoat's friend at CBS has us on auto-renew, it's likely we'll have to migrate this league to Fantrax next season.  After the rosters freeze, I'll export rosters, standings, waiver order, etc. to a Google doc for safe keeping.
Fantrax looks like it might be an upgrade anyway. The MiLB database appears to be deeper (Kristian Robinson is there) and there’s a free automated treasurer which I’m confident can handle funds better than me.

Any way to preserve the league history? That's all we'd really be missing from CBS after 11 years. Always fun to reference old moves.

Any way to preserve the league history? That's all we'd really be missing from CBS after 11 years. Always fun to reference old moves.
CBS took away the export command a couple of years ago but I think I can copy paste historical standards and transactions into a spreadsheet without losing too much formatting.

2018 points haven't been added yet but I'll still have the most total points over the 11 year league history.  Even after finishing 25 points behind him this year, I lead Spartans Rule 939 to 936.5.  Sparty gets points from the first two seasons under TRE.

It appears that Team Hell Toupee traces its lineage back through Tremendous Upside.

TU had his own team in 2008-9 but looks like he took over Greco's team in 2011.  TU's original team was dissolved after 2009 and John Bender started with a new franchise in 2010.  All other teams carried over.  I wasn't commissioner in those days so I don't know why it was handled this way but it was probably CBS' fault.

It appears that Team Hell Toupee traces its lineage back through Tremendous Upside.

TU had his own team in 2008-9 but looks like he took over Greco's team in 2011.  TU's original team was dissolved after 2009 and John Bender started with a new franchise in 2010.  All other teams carried over.  I wasn't commissioner in those days so I don't know why it was handled this way but it was probably CBS' fault.
Sammy's fault.

:banned: for TU

Hey all, I'm Jake. I'm taking over the Arsenal franchise. With any luck, I'll have this ship turned around within ten short years. Anyone who is in the market for a decent starter (Ryu, Morton, Gausman), feel free to inquire. In the meantime, I'd like to add Luis Patino (not in the database) and drop Akil Baddoo. Congrats to the winners and best of luck weathering the deep, dark freeze of the offseason. 

Hey all, I'm Jake. I'm taking over the Arsenal franchise. With any luck, I'll have this ship turned around within ten short years. Anyone who is in the market for a decent starter (Ryu, Morton, Gausman), feel free to inquire. In the meantime, I'd like to add Luis Patino (not in the database) and drop Akil Baddoo. Congrats to the winners and best of luck weathering the deep, dark freeze of the offseason. 
Welcome!

:hey:

Users who are viewing this thread