What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (8 Viewers)

I was thinking strongly about both at 2.2.  Either could be the SOD.  I said it to Eephus, but we should do rookie draft and dispersal drafts separate next year.  

I'm usually in the more drafts=more fun camp but I think combining them increases the strategic element a little for teams inside their window.   Poach pieces to compete now or build for 2-4 years down the road.

We have all year to hash this out.
4 or 5 rounds then.

Sparty has had three players picked so his unprotected SPs are off the board. 

I was looking at Keuchel but I lack top tier prospects and my aging roster probably doesn't have the horses to compete this year.

He was protected until the very last minute . I bet he’s too 10 at midseeason prospect lists. This is a real kick in the nuts. If we could take our own players I would’ve grabbed him with my 1st
You can pick your own players.  I'm pretty sure this question came up last year.

Sparty has had three players picked so his unprotected SPs are off the board. 

I was looking at Keuchel but I lack top tier prospects and my aging roster probably doesn't have the horses to compete this year.
I expected to lose Keuchel and possibly Stripling. Lucky me, the staff that imploded down the stretch and cost me the title returns intact.

I'm usually in the more drafts=more fun camp but I think combining them increases the strategic element a little for teams inside their window.   Poach pieces to compete now or build for 2-4 years down the road.

We have all year to hash this out.
Yeah, I like the strategic aspect of it. I think maybe next year, now that we've seen how it's playing out there is a greater likelihood of trading and maneuvering before the draft. Maybe even worth having a designated pre-draft trading window, since the comp balance picks aren't eligible to be traded in season?

I was surprised Kikuchi fell to me but he sort of represents the dilemna of the draft. He's unproven but not young, so if you're not going for it this year, you may prefer a recently drafted guy with greater upside but a couple years away, and if you're a contender, you may want someone more proven, even if it's only a Keuchel/Stripling type.

Luckily? My team is perpetually in the middle, so he's a perfect fit for me.

Yeah, I like the strategic aspect of it. I think maybe next year, now that we've seen how it's playing out there is a greater likelihood of trading and maneuvering before the draft. Maybe even worth having a designated pre-draft trading window, since the comp balance picks aren't eligible to be traded in season?
A similar question came up earlier via PM.  I don't think it would be good to allow trading of future competitive balance picks because of (a) the bookkeeping and (b) the risk of somebody bailing and leaving the next owner without assets for the rebuild.

That said, I don't see a problem with trading of picks _after_ the protected lists are finalized.  The picks are effectively another protected roster slot once they're made so trading them for a protected player wouldn't give a roster size advantage to either party.  Any trades involving picks would have to involve an equal number of protected and/or draft slots going in both directions so the trade wouldn't circumvent the 25 man roster plus 4 pick limits.

I don’t feel strongly about the rules changes and you guys keep making this format awesome, so I trust you. 

I have acquired pick 2.10 from @shady inc in exchange for Charlie Morton. I'll let Shady confirm before announcing the pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably should’ve started cleaning up the damage you guys did to my offense, but some nerds on the internet said Valera is the next Juan Soto so I had to get him.

Not looking forward to the next 2 rounds.

I’m having a tough time with the google sheet, not all teams are displaying. Anyone else have this issue with an iPhone?

Users who are viewing this thread