Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Serious Biz Dynasty - Chasing Saves Like Lunatics Since 2008

9 minutes ago, cheese said:

Is Chris Taylor ever going to platoon? He was leading off half the time against rhp and striking out 33% of the time. I just remember that was one of the dfs angles we chased all year. 

The whole ####### team is a platoon, even their best players. #### Dave Roberts, he cost me a Cake repeat. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the week one round up: "No Dynasty for Old Men were saving like they grew up in the depression, notching ten overall." 

Hey all, I'm Jake. I'm taking over the Arsenal franchise. With any luck, I'll have this ship turned around within ten short years. Anyone who is in the market for a decent starter (Ryu, Morton, Gausma

We actually both wanted to go a different route. But no ####### way we could pass up the shtick of both top picks being yours

3 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

The whole ####### team is a platoon, even their best players. #### Dave Roberts, he cost me a Cake repeat. 

Yeah they drove me nuts last year too. Stripling gets yanked out of the rotation while pitching like an ace, Puig gets benched the day after he hits 3 homers, but Chris Taylor keeps leading off no matter how much he whiffs.

18 minutes ago, Spartans Rule said:

Yeah they drove me nuts last year too. Stripling gets yanked out of the rotation while pitching like an ace, Puig gets benched the day after he hits 3 homers, but Chris Taylor keeps leading off no matter how much he whiffs.

The Muncy use in the second half was mind-numbing 

23 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Had Boxberger signed tomorrow instead of yesterday, I would have had a bonus ####ty closer. 

That said I get to keep my top 30 pre-draft players. :shrug: 

Last night I had Skaggs at the top of my list but by the time my pick came up today, I'd been swayed by Paul Sporer's case for Eovaldi. 

Don't pat yourself on the back too much for keeping your top 30.  Drafting your own guy helped in this regard.

• Laughing 1
4 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Last night I had Skaggs at the top of my list but by the time my pick came up today, I'd been swayed by Paul Sporer's case for Eovaldi. 

Don't pat yourself on the back too much for keeping your top 30.  Drafting your own guy helped in this regard.

If Boxberger has signed Sunday I would have kept him. 

Skaggs was my 27th guy and drafting your own guy is great shtick. 

• Like 1

I would have plucked a prospect from someone's rooster here, but since people are intent on taking my ####ty bullpen guys over better options...my hand was forced.

Brandon Morrow is missing an elbow. 

4.09 CP Pedro Strop/Cubs/FA

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Brandon Morrow is missing an elbow. 

I know this is one of those stupid cheering for laundry and never get attached and every team just wants to #### your dreams over for the next ineffeciency things... But I love Brandon Morrow and I always want him to be the ####### greatest. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
9 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

@greedygoat

How's are CBS hookup going buddy? 

Just sent him an email now. 

For the record, our "hookup" is a guy I used to play pickup basketball with about 10 years ago.  I haven't seen or spoken to him in years.  I would bet the last communication I had with him was last year when I asked him to hook us you up. 

***UPDATE***

I just received a response from him.  He said that the league "had a slight issue, but should be ok now".

Edited by greedygoat
Update
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, greedygoat said:

Just sent him an email now. 

For the record, our "hookup" is a guy I used to play pickup basketball with about 10 years ago.  I haven't seen or spoken to him in years.  I would bet the last communication I had with him was last year when I asked him to hook us you up. 

***UPDATE***

I just received a response from him.  He said that the league "had a slight issue, but should be ok now".

Get your ### back out on the hardwood (and back into this league). Too much at stake here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, RnR said:

Get your ### back out on the hardwood (and back into this league). Too much at stake here.

LOL, I really liked owning a team in the league.  It's the only dynasty league I've ever been a part of.  It just got to a point where I couldn't devote the time needed to compete with some of the 🤓 in here.  If someone is ever looking for a passive co-owner I would love to come back.

Have a great season guys!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, greedygoat said:

LOL, I really liked owning a team in the league.  It's the only dynasty league I've ever been a part of.  It just got to a point where I couldn't devote the time needed to compete with some of the 🤓 in here.  If someone is ever looking for a passive co-owner I would love to come back.

Have a great season guys!

You are always welcome to team up with me.

I could use a closer whisperer at some point.  Hard to grab closers from the road.

Edited by PIK95
5 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

You are always welcome to team up with me.

I could use a closer whisperer at some point.  Hard to grab closers from the road.

@PIK95 I have a closer surplus, Will Smith and Ken Giles available. Shoot me a text if interested, my number is in the google Doc. 

10 minutes ago, greedygoat said:

I'm in if you'll have me.  Is your roster's median age still 19?

He just ####ed that number up with a Pujols acquisition. If we count Albert's real age (54), it's basically hovering around 30 at this point.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
34 minutes ago, RnR said:

He just ####ed that number up with a Pujols acquisition. If we count Albert's real age (54), it's basically hovering around 30 at this point.

He will be cut soon enough.  Longoria and Kipnis too!

I Basically WAY overpaid for Berrios because I wanted him bad.  I picked what I thought were the three most cut able guys on his team.  Obviously I am not that on top of things but I had a susursusurpsusursusurplsusursusurpsusursusurplususursusurpsusursusurplsusursusurpsusursusurplus of prospects.

Edited by PIK95
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

He will be cut soon enough.  Longoria and Kipnis too!

I Basically WAY overpaid for Berrios because I wanted him bad.  I picked what I thought were the three most cut able guys on his team.  Obviously I am not that on top of things but I had a susursusurpsusursusurplsusursusurpsusursusurplususursusurpsusursusurplsusursusurpsusursusurplus of prospects.

I’m looking to deal 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Eephus changed the title to Serious Biz Dynasty - Chasing Saves Like Lunatics Since 2008