What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (9 Viewers)

We were considering going after Rizzo after discussing it in the winter meetings.  It probably would have cost Senzal though.  

I could use a 1B if anyone has a surplus. Preferably on the younger side considering the demographic of my team. I have a plethora of MI if anyone has a need there. 
Will also listen on Rendon at some point, assuming it all goes sideways as expected  :coffee:

Still looking to acquire a stud old man rental for a kid.  Here is your chance to get a top 50 prospect for a guy who will be out of baseball by the time anyone can actually beat Dr. D's team.  

I'm now carrying more minor leaguers on my roster (11) than pikgoat's team (10, soon to be 8 after Jimenez and Senzel are called up)

Still looking to acquire a stud old man rental for a kid.  Here is your chance to get a top 50 prospect for a guy who will be out of baseball by the time anyone can actually beat Dr. D's team.  
I said in year one that I was on the five year plan and this is year five. Even though I was in third most of the second half last year (down to the final day in fact), I was never really a serious contender.  In part it was due to me just bombing my lineup with streaming starters trying to get enough innings, and that led to some tragic results. 

I’ve mostly made careful trades and acquisitions trying to field a team that has active starting players, but also has a young core with upside. Obviously holding Mondesi since the original draft and picking up Soto and Acuna when they were 1% owned helped.  I still have only a handful of guys north of 30 not counting relievers. 

I thought my pitching would be good enough this year but losing McCullers was a setback and I’m probably at best middle of the pack in pitching. So we’ll see, I think Shady has the best team going into the season. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I said in year one that I was on the five year plan and this is year five. Even though I was in third most of the second half last year (down to the final day in fact), I was never really a serious contender.  In part it was due to me just bombing my lineup with streaming starters trying to get enough innings, and that led to some tragic results. 

I’ve mostly made careful trades and acquisitions trying to field a team that has active starting players, but also has a young core with upside. Obviously holding Mondesi since the original draft and picking up Soto and Acuna when they were 1% owned helped.  I still have only a handful of guys north of 30 not counting relievers. 

I thought my pitching would be good enough this year but losing McCullers was a setback and I’m probably at best middle of the pack in pitching. So we’ll see, I think Shady has the best team going into the season. 
I think it will be pretty competitive. Shady’s probably the most well-rounded, you’ve got the best offense, HT has the best pitching and Cheese has the best high-end talent.

I had my team in that group too until the injuries hit. I could’ve dealt prospects to shore up some spots but I’ve been doing that forever and wanted a new approach.

Love the way you built your team, kind of the blueprint I want to follow. We’ll call this year one of a 4-year plan, I think I’ve got most of the pieces in place and now I just have to be more patient than I was in the past.

I think it will be pretty competitive. Shady’s probably the most well-rounded, you’ve got the best offense, HT has the best pitching and Cheese has the best high-end talent.

I had my team in that group too until the injuries hit. I could’ve dealt prospects to shore up some spots but I’ve been doing that forever and wanted a new approach.

Love the way you built your team, kind of the blueprint I want to follow. We’ll call this year one of a 4-year plan, I think I’ve got most of the pieces in place and now I just have to be more patient than I was in the past.
13 minor leaguers which puts you in a 2nd place tie with Kraft.  Jake leads the league with 52.

C Sal Perez

C Josmil Pinto

1B Brandon Belt

1B Billy Butler

2B Dee Gordon

2B Joe Panik

2B Jose Fernandez

2B Forrest Wall

SS Alexei Ramirez

SS Tim Anderson

SS Raul Mondesi Jr

SS/2B/3B Marcus Semien

3B Todd Frazier

3B Pedro Alvarez

3B Nick Castellanos

OF Andrew McCutchen

OF Curtis Granderson

OF Matt Joyce

OF Nick Markakis

OF Scott Van Slyke

OF Lorrenzo Cain

OF Byron Buxton

OF Nick Williams

OF Albert Almora

SP Alex Cobb

SP Chris Tillman

SP Yordano Ventura

SP Andrew Heaney

SP Zach Wheeler

SP Doug Fister

P Kris Medlen

P Tyler Kolek

RP Bobby Parnell

RP Andrew Miller

RP Luke Gregerson

RP Kevin Quackenbush

RP Cody Allen
This was my original dispersal draft team.  

Traded Frazier, Cain, Allen, McCutchen, Frazier, Belt, Gordon and Perez for Betts, Baez, Gary Sanchez, Taillon, Hosmer, and maybe Cespedes.

Anderson got stolen in last years competitive draft, Ventura died, chris Cobb was my 4th pick, and Ive drafted then traded Miller, drafted him again, released him, and picked him back up.

Buxton was my franchise centerpiece, I still have hope he can be a top 100 player. 

Watching Royals/White Sox now

The Royals have an 11 Sunday game for $99. The grandstand in Fenway is $68 and box seats are north of $100
To get a standing room only ticket to Reds opening day yesterday (like most years) was  about $170 yesterday.  To get a pass that gets you a ticket to every Reds home game from game 2 until the end of April costs $70.

To get a standing room only ticket to Reds opening day yesterday (like most years) was  about $170 yesterday.  To get a pass that gets you a ticket to every Reds home game from game 2 until the end of April costs $70.
I never understood why teams didn't do opening day doubleheaders.  Could get two sell outs, and drinkers can go nuts. Plus if you have a trash game like the Sox or Ray's, you could get a chance to please the fans immediately.  No brainer imo.  

And for a team hanging a banner, they could walk it around the park and all that during game one and then raise it before game two.

Weekday night games before the kids get out of school are always cheap on StubHub, especially now that the Giants aren't such a hot ticket.

Seems like five years is enough time to get in the around the league update. :confetti: 
We still haven't, but at least we were up to 4th in live scoring tonight.  Gotta be the highest we have been since before the W.A.R.

Up to 3rd at 78!

With Upton gone, Kershaw is my last original year 3 dispersal draft player left.
And then there were zero. Kershaw was the key to a lot of high finishes but never brought me a title (just like with the Dodgers). He’ll always be one of my favorite players though because of this league.

My longest tenured player is now Didi Gregorius, who I added in July 2016. I thought it was going to be Rhys Hoskins but he came on board in August. I’m planning on a lot less roster turnover in the next few years.

And then there were zero. Kershaw was the key to a lot of high finishes but never brought me a title (just like with the Dodgers). He’ll always be one of my favorite players though because of this league.

My longest tenured player is now Didi Gregorius, who I added in July 2016. I thought it was going to be Rhys Hoskins but he came on board in August. I’m planning on a lot less roster turnover in the next few years.
I hope I get 500 innings out of Kershaw the next three years. Doubt it, but I can dream. 

Hope Buxton ends up being a top 50 guy, I think it happens. Hard to part with him.  Technically my longest tenured player. 

Doctor Detroit said:
I hope I get 500 innings out of Kershaw the next three years. Doubt it, but I can dream. 

Hope Buxton ends up being a top 50 guy, I think it happens. Hard to part with him.  Technically my longest tenured player. 
Never thought you would trade Buxton, thought you were ride or die with him. 

Users who are viewing this thread