What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (2 Viewers)

Now that the Competitive Balance draft is over, I'd like to propose one small rule change for future years.  The rules currently allow drafting of amateur players in the minidraft.  We originally did this to preserve the legacy of the old league rules.  This is the only opportunity to roster amateurs.

Nobody has drafted an amateur in the two years of the current format and it seems like an unnecessary loophole that we can close with minimal impact.  It would suck for someone to have 1.01 in the minidraft and not have their choice of first-year players.

Now that the Competitive Balance draft is over, I'd like to propose one small rule change for future years.  The rules currently allow drafting of amateur players in the minidraft.  We originally did this to preserve the legacy of the old league rules.  This is the only opportunity to roster amateurs.

Nobody has drafted an amateur in the two years of the current format and it seems like an unnecessary loophole that we can close with minimal impact.  It would suck for someone to have 1.01 in the minidraft and not have their choice of first-year players.
I'm cool with this :bowtie:

I thought amateurs were already ineligible!  :lol:

Let's make it official.

Drops and CBS keepers processed.  All free agents added to waiver wire and order reset to EOY 2019.

Initial waivers will run early AM Thursday Feb 13th at around 2AM EST.  After that, FCFS pandemonium except for dropped players who will be on waivers for two days.

Final 2019 waivers order

• 1 Rodg12
  • 2 Zihuatanejo Pescadores
  • 3 No Dynasty for Old Men
  • 4 Hail to the Victors' Victors!
  • 5 Kraft
  • 6 pik95
  • 7 Shady Inc (ETA: FDAS)
  • 8 Cheese
  • 9 Yusei He's Just a Friend
  • 10 Kieboom Goes the Dynamite
  • 11 HellToupee
  • 12 RnR

I’ll give this  a 👍

I vote we nullify the Chris Davis transaction. Clearly was a gross overreaction during a stressful time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still go check my team a couple times a week to see if there is any new news on my guys. I  was really excited about my group potentially making a jump into the top 3rd this year.  :kicksrock:

I think Serious Biz is in a different position from redraft leagues in that we're more focused on the longer term.  To avoid people having to decide between 2020 roster fillers and prospects, we're going to add eight roster spots that will remain in place until baseball returns to normal 26-man rosters.

Instead of a mini-draft, we're going to hold two waiver runs on Monday July 20 and Wednesday July 22 (during the normal early AM CBS waivers time).  During the first window, roster size will be increased from 40 to 44 players.  The second window will increase roster size to the full 48.  Transactions have been temporarily locked in preparation for the first waivers run.  They'll also be locked between the two waivers runs. 

I'm also in favor of reducing the money this year but that's just me.

@FishTacoTuesday @PIK95 @rodg12 @Pitchfork @RnR @greedygoat @Kraft... @HellToupee @Fat Drunk and Stupid @UMjake49 @Spartans Rule @cheese

I think our entry fee is small enough that playing for some reduced/prorated portion isn’t really worth it. I’m fine with either playing as usual and letting the chips fall where they may, or waiving the fee for this year and issuing refunds/rollovers, whichever the league prefers.

How about if we keep the same buy in and spread the winnings out to top five?

I fear it's going to be a crap shoot in more ways than one.  But I want to keep owners engaged enough to add and drop like the nerds we are.

How about if we keep the same buy in and spread the winnings out to top five?

I fear it's going to be a crap shoot in more ways than one.  But I want to keep owners engaged enough to add and drop like the nerds we are.
Are 2020 draftees eligible during waivers?

Users who are viewing this thread