What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (5 Viewers)

Thanks Greedygoat.  It looks like the CBS payment is covered for this year.  :thumbup:

We can defer decision on Fantrax until in-season.  It's not as polished a UI as CBS but it has a deep player database and keeper capabilities.   It has a mobile app which I really haven't used much.

Pennants

2008 - RnR
2009 - RnR
2010 - High n Tight :shrug:
2011 - pik95
2012 - Greedygoat
2013 - Greedygoat
2014 - eephus
2015 - Hoos First
2016 - Hoos First
2017 - eephus

Pennants

2008 - RnR
2009 - RnR
2010 - High n Tight :shrug:
2011 - pik95
2012 - Greedygoat
2013 - Greedygoat
2014 - eephus
2015 - Hoos First
2016 - Hoos First
2017 - eephus
So this year we will have a completely new winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take on the open team if it's available 
:thumbup:

I've been in touch w/ Arsenal of Doom.  He's on the fence about continuing.  If he stays in, we'll assign Team Goat to shady inc.  If he's out, we'll have to disperse Goat and Arsenal players between the two new owners.  I think this needs to happen before the competitive balance mini-draft

I updated rosters with players added to CBS after the 2017 draft.

The only rostered players not in the CBS database at present are:

Seth Beer (NCAA) eephus
Joe Gray Jr. (HS) Pik95
Drew Mendoza (NCAA) Pik95

Reminder:  the pre-season draft is your only opportunity this year to add current amateurs/international free agents.  In-season pickups of these players are prohibited this year.  They'll be eligible effective with next year's pre-season draft.

I've settled on my keepers. Still could change my mind but for now I'm happy with this.

Protected

Hitters: Buster Posey, Salvador Perez, Carlos Santana, Matt Olson, Rougned Odor, Didi Gregorius, Eduardo Nunez, Rhys Hoskins, Justin Upton, Andrew McCutchen, Yasiel Puig, Bo Bichette, Jorge Mateo, Taylor Trammell.

Pitchers: Clayton Kershaw, Dallas Keuchel, Jon Lester, Jimmy Nelson, Luiz Gohara, Craig Kimbrel, Aroldis Chapman, Mark Melancon, Jeurys Familia, Triston McKenzie, Hunter Greene.

Unprotected

Hitters: Scooter Gennett, Zack Cozart, Todd Frazier, Jedd Gyorko, Adrian Beltre, Ian Desmond, Dexter Fowler, Aaron Altherr, Keibert Ruiz.

Pitchers: Patrick Corbin, Rick Porcello, Andrew Miller, Keone Kela, Trevor Hildenberger.

What are the key dates for this thing?  Have we decided?  I forgot everything we were doing, something about a draft or something. 

I'm down to 29 keepers, need to do some research to figure out who is who. 

The current key date is to submit 25-man protected list by Feb 5.

But that's subject to change based on what Arsenal of Doom wants to do this year.  If he's out, we'll need to have a dispersal draft of his and Greedygoat's players between Shady inc and another new owner TBA.  That may push us past the Feb 5 deadline but we have plenty of time before real games start. 

When looking through old posts to see how we handled past dispersal drafts, I realized shady inc was the guy who got kind of jobbed in year 8 when Boubucarow had personal issues and we decided to keep his team intact. 

I'm glad there were no hard feelings and you've finally made it into the league.  Unless this is some long-con vengeance play to destroy us from within.  In that case, it's an interesting development.

I updated rosters with players added to CBS after the 2017 draft.

The only rostered players not in the CBS database at present are:

Seth Beer (NCAA) eephus
Joe Gray Jr. (HS) Pik95
Drew Mendoza (NCAA) Pik95

Reminder:  the pre-season draft is your only opportunity this year to add current amateurs/international free agents.  In-season pickups of these players are prohibited this year.  They'll be eligible effective with next year's pre-season draft.
I dropped both of those guys 3-4 pages ago right before the deadline.  

I'm really hoping Arsenal stays in because I'm struggling with the fairest way to sequence a two team dispersal draft with the competitive balance mini-draft.  I believe we included CBS free agents in the dispersal pool last time which caused some consternation because there were prospective closers in the CBS list (as there are this year).

Here's my current thinking assuming Arsenal is out:

1. Find replacement owner
  2. Disperse Goat & Arsenal players to shady inc and new guy in a 25 round draft excluding CBS free agents.  This will basically populate the protected lists of the new owners' teams.
  3. Return excess Goat and Arsenal players to CBS FA status.
  4. Run three-round competitive balance draft (non-snake).  Draft pool includes unprotected players, CBS FAs and amateur/international FAs.  Teams can only lose three unprotected players.
  5. Everybody does cuts to get back to their 40 man limit.
  6. Allow new owners to fill their 40 man rosters from the remaining CBS FAs via a 12 round draft.
  7. Resume FCFS pickups
  8. Profit
If anybody can think of a fairer or less complicated way to handle this, feel free to post.

When looking through old posts to see how we handled past dispersal drafts, I realized shady inc was the guy who got kind of jobbed in year 8 when Boubucarow had personal issues and we decided to keep his team intact. 

I'm glad there were no hard feelings and you've finally made it into the league.  Unless this is some long-con vengeance play to destroy us from within.  In that case, it's an interesting development.
It took many years and a lot of hard work, but I'm finally here. Thanks for having me.

I'm really hoping Arsenal stays in because I'm struggling with the fairest way to sequence a two team dispersal draft with the competitive balance mini-draft.  I believe we included CBS free agents in the dispersal pool last time which caused some consternation because there were prospective closers in the CBS list (as there are this year).

Here's my current thinking assuming Arsenal is out:

1. Find replacement owner
  2. Disperse Goat & Arsenal players to shady inc and new guy in a 25 round draft excluding CBS free agents.  This will basically populate the protected lists of the new owners' teams.
  3. Return excess Goat and Arsenal players to CBS FA status.
  4. Run three-round competitive balance draft (non-snake).  Draft pool includes unprotected players, CBS FAs and amateur/international FAs.  Teams can only lose three unprotected players.
  5. Everybody does cuts to get back to their 40 man limit.
  6. Allow new owners to fill their 40 man rosters from the remaining CBS FAs via a 12 round draft.
  7. Resume FCFS pickups
  8. Profit
If anybody can think of a fairer or less complicated way to handle this, feel free to post.
Sounds like a good plan, if needed.

I think i'll go with this:

Protected

Hitters: Paul Goldschmidt, Jose Ramirez, Willson Contreras, Christian Yelich, Jonathan Schoop, JT Realmuto, Lewis Brinson, Amed Rosario, Justin Bour, Trey Mancini, DJ LeMahieu, Clint Frazier, Adam Jones, Raimel Tapia, Chris Davis, Michael Brantley, 

Pitchers: Yu Darvish, David Price, Trevor Bauer, Jacob Faria, Brad Brach, Arodys Vizcaino, Jason Groome, AJ Ramos, Mike Montgomery

Unprotected

Hitters: Jorge Soler, Hernan Perez, Melky Cabrera, Tommy Joseph, Brad Miller, Mitch Moreland

Pitchers: Ivan Nova, Will Harris, John Lackey, Andrew Heaney, Tony Watson, Tyler Lyons, Nick Vincent, Erick Fedde, Sam Dyson

Unprotected

Wilson Ramos C | TB

Albert Pujols 1B | LAA

Matt Wieters C | WAS

Keon Broxton OF | MIL

Cameron Maybin OF | HOU

AJ Reed 1B | HOU

Kole Calhoun OF | LAA

Corey Dickerson OF | TB

Randal Grichuk OF | STL

Mike Leake P | SEA

Michael Wacha P | STL

Alex Cobb P | TB

Kendrys Morales 1B | TOR

Brandon Crawford SS | SF

Ian Kinsler 2B | LAA

Protected

Daniel Murphy 2B | WAS

Evan Longoria 3B | SF

Alex Bregman 3B,SS | HOU

Ryan Zimmerman 1B | WAS

Joey Gallo 1B,3B,OF | TEX

Marwin Gonzalez 1B,2B,3B,OF,SS | HOU

Odubel Herrera OF | PHI

Marcell Ozuna OF | STL

Mike Moustakas 3B | KC

Dustin Pedroia 2B | BOS

Jose Peraza 2B,SS | CIN

Kolten Wong 2B | STL

Franklin Barreto 2B,SS | OAK

Dansby Swanson SS | ATL

Chris Archer P | TB

Jose Berrios P | MIN

Madison Bumgarner P | SF

Wade Davis P | COL

Sonny Gray P | NYY

Aaron Nola P | PHI

Alex Wood P | LAD

Johnny Cueto P | SF

Carson Fulmer P | CHW

Tyler Glasnow P | PIT

Noah Syndergaard P | NYM

Updated list. One more to go. I have a couple of nice prospects or even Rosario (only 25) that I could move for a younger pitcher.  2020 is getting closer...

Hitters/
Arenado
Lindor
Benintendi
S. Marte
A. Hays
J. Bell
Senzel
K. Tucker
F. Mejia
Verdugo
J.P. Crawford