What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (5 Viewers)

Greedygoat - IN

Eephus - IN

pik95 - IN

RnR - IN

Spartans Rule - IN

NV - IN

Yu Mama

HellToupee - IN

Hoos First - INB

Berserker - IN

Flying Elvis - OUT

Boubucarow - OUT

harryhood - OUT

shady inc - TENTATIVE IN

Two slots to fill

I am fine but my life now is super busy. I will drop out of this league but I will send Spartan pay for 2014 and 2015 this week.
Received. :thumbup:
I am so sorry for the delay. I won't go deep into the backstory but I am teaching again after a long health issue prevented full time work. Particularly at the school I am currently working, I just don't have a ton of free time to devote myself to this league to the standard it deserves. Best of luck to everyone.

I am fine but my life now is super busy. I will drop out of this league but I will send Spartan pay for 2014 and 2015 this week.
I am so sorry for the delay. I won't go deep into the backstory but I am teaching again after a long health issue prevented full time work. Particularly at the school I am currently working, I just don't have a ton of free time to devote myself to this league to the standard it deserves. Best of luck to everyone.
Sorry to hear that, Boub. Hope things are better now. I'm sure there's some way we can keep your team together if you think you'll have a chance to get back to it at some point in the future. Would be a shame to see your long-term rebuild go back into the pool at this point.

Sorry to hear that, Boub. Hope things are better now. I'm sure there's some way we can keep your team together if you think you'll have a chance to get back to it at some point in the future. Would be a shame to see your long-term rebuild go back into the pool at this point.
Man that's tough Boub. Hopefully you're on the mend and everything else is on the upswing. Between your issues and the deaths of Finless and TU, it's been a terrible year for Serious Biz owner and a reminder that real life trumps pretend baseball.

I wish there was a way to keep team Boub intact. It literally has taken years of tanking to get that squad into a position to contend. But his roster is the strongest of the three dispersal franchises by far. It wouldn't be fair to the other new owners to hand over Boub's team and break up the other two. If the new owners just rolled for the three existing teams, the guy who drew the Harryhood straw would be screwed.

BTW: Kraft says he's in :thumbup:

I should have been more specific. I was more or less suggesting we explore leaving the team in Boub's name (since he has paid for 2015) with someone potentially helping him steer the ship this season in hopes that he'd be in better shape to run things in 2016.

But I totally get making sure the guys that have signed up are allowed to draft from the dispersal pool they were promised.

Greedygoat - IN

Eephus - IN

pik95 - IN

RnR - IN

Spartans Rule - IN

NV - IN

Yu Mama

HellToupee - IN

Hoos First - INB

Berserker - IN

Flying Elvis - OUT

Boubucarow - OUT

harryhood - OUT

shady inc - TENTATIVE IN

Two slots to fill
still in. can someone post/pm me a link to last year's CBS page?

I should have been more specific. I was more or less suggesting we explore leaving the team in Boub's name (since he has paid for 2015) with someone potentially helping him steer the ship this season in hopes that he'd be in better shape to run things in 2016.

But I totally get making sure the guys that have signed up are allowed to draft from the dispersal pool they were promised.
If Boub prefers this route I could help with caretaking.

• Smile
Reactions: RnR
I've given some though to keeping BoubCheese together while increasing competitive balance for shady inc and Kraft II.

Here's a proposal for discussion.

1. Turn over Boub's team to Cheese for 2015

2. Cheese gets to protect 2 players

3. shady inc and Kraft get to pick 1 unprotected player from BoubCheese.

4. Start dispersal draft of Elvis' and Harry's teams plus available free agents. Whoever got first choice of BoubCheese gets first pick in the draft

5. After 10 rounds of the dispersal draft, Cheese protects 10 more BoubCheese players

6. shady inc and Kraft get to pick 1 more unprotected player from BoubCheese. Reroll for honors I guess :shrug:

7. BoubCheese gets to fill his 4 vacant slots at 11.1, 12,3, 13.1 & 14.3 of the dispersal draft

8. Run dispersal draft to completion (round 37)

so basically, BoubCheese will lose its 3rd, 4th, 15th and 16th best players but will stay largely intact. The two new teams will have a better shot at competing. It seems fair but I'm open to better ideas.

I think we should check with Boub first to see if he is even interested in this option before we get into any deep discussions. If he doesn't think he'd be interested in coming back in 2016, then it's a moot (or mute if your a FBG) point.

cheese said:

If Boub prefers this route I could help with caretaking.
Sure. I do want to be in this league but my time is torn apart now. There is a good chance I can return in 2016 after I get really used to the full time/over time in my career now. A boubcheese owner partner team is completely fine with me. I can help cheese this year sometimes and then be a half/half owner in 2016.

I've given some though to keeping BoubCheese together while increasing competitive balance for shady inc and Kraft II.

4. Start dispersal draft of Elvis' and Harry's teams plus available free agents. Whoever got first choice of BoubCheese gets first pick in the draft

5. After 10 rounds of the dispersal draft, Cheese protects 10 more BoubCheese players

6. shady inc and Kraft get to pick 1 more unprotected player from BoubCheese. Reroll for honors I guess :shrug:

7. BoubCheese gets to fill his 4 vacant slots at 11.1, 12,3, 13.1 & 14.3 of the dispersal draft

so basically, BoubCheese will lose its 3rd, 4th, 15th and 16th best players but will stay largely intact. The two new teams will have a better shot at competing. It seems fair but I'm open to better ideas.
i guess i'll wait until a decision is made on this. i'm not interested if it ends up going this route. don't get me wrong, it seems fair and makes complete sense, and i wouldn't want the guy to miss out on years of putting his team together, it just wouldn't be what i'm looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough shady inc. I wasn't trying to pull a bait and switch but Boub has been in this thing for a long time. Continuity is one of the most important things in a dynasty league so we have to try and preserve existing franchises wherever possible.

i guess i'll wait until a decision is made on this. i'm not interested if it ends up going this route. don't get me wrong, it seems fair and makes complete sense, and i wouldn't want the guy to miss out on years of putting his team together, it just wouldn't be what i'm looking for.
Is this code for quitting because the pool isn't as good as he thought it would be? Seems like a short-term decision for a dynasty league.

Is this code for quitting because the pool isn't as good as he thought it would be? Seems like a short-term decision for a dynasty league.
so if two owners would have come back after i joined, should i just have accepted the 3rd team as my team even though i signed up under the presumption of a 3 team dispersal draft?

No big deal shady inc. I understand your position. Hang around the BBF some more and don't let RnR hurt your feelings.

BoubCheese looks like it's going to be a thing and Kraft is the only new confirmed owner. So here's another proposal to consider.

1. BoubCheese stays intact

2. Harryhood and Flying Elvis teams get disbanded.

3. We contract from 13 to 12 teams

4. Kraft gets the first 13 picks (half a roster) from the dispersal pool.

5. We all do our annual add/drop cycle (1 round) of what's left including dispersed teams and free agents

6. Kraft finishes filling the rest of his team.

If ever a team deserved to be blown up, it's Harry's. The pool got a whole lot shallower once Boub's guys were taken out. Kraft will come out with some core players but still has some work ahead of him. Trying to fill two new teams from the detritus of the Harryhood and Flying Elvis teams would not be good for the long term health of the league.

Here are the combined Harryhood/Flying Elvis rosters

Carlos Santana 1B,3B,C | CLE

Ryan Howard 1B | PHI

Martin Prado 2B,3B,OF | MIA

Lonnie Chisenhall 1B,3B | CLE

Hanley Ramirez SS | BOS

Omar Infante 2B | KC

Mark Reynolds 1B,3B | STL

Oswaldo Arcia OF | MIN

Lorenzo Cain OF | KC

Austin Jackson OF | SEA

Gerardo Parra OF | MIL

Brandon Belt 1B | SF

Tommy La Stella 2B | CHC

Daniel Vogelbach 1B | CHC

Brandon Crawford SS | SF

Corey Hart OF | PIT

David Murphy OF | CLE

Kyle Parker OF | COL

Yasmani Grandal 1B,C | LAD

Ruben Tejada SS | NYM

Miguel Almonte P | KC

Bartolo Colon P | NYM

Felix Doubront P | CHC

Dillon Gee P | NYM

Edwin Jackson P | CHC

Brandon McCarthy P | LAD

Ervin Santana P | MIN

Jason Vargas P | KC

Justin Verlander P | DET

Brett Anderson P | LAD

Edwin Diaz P | SEA

Taylor Jordan P | WAS

James McDonald P | CHC

Rafael Montero P | NYM

Stephen Pryor P | MIN

Erasmo Ramirez P | SEA

Kevin Slowey P | PHI

Derek Norris C | SD

Buster Posey 1B,C | SF

Anthony Rendon 2B,3B | WAS

Manny Machado 3B | BAL

Alexei Ramirez SS | CHW

Dee Gordon 2B | MIA

Todd Frazier 1B,3B | CIN

Melky Cabrera OF | CHW

Juan Lagares OF | NYM

Andrew McCutchen OF | PIT

Alex Rios OF | KC

Cody Asche 3B | PHI

J.J. Hardy SS | BAL

Blake Swihart C | BOS

Brandon Phillips 2B | CIN

Colin Moran 3B | HOU

Grady Sizemore OF | PHI

Addison Russell SS | CHC

Cody Allen P | CLE

Mark Buehrle P | TOR

Alex Cobb P | TB

Nathan Eovaldi P | NYY

Dallas Keuchel P | HOU

Kyle Lohse P | MIL

Justin Masterson P | BOS

Collin McHugh P | HOU

Jered Weaver P | LAA

Henderson Alvarez P | MIA

Mark Appel P | HOU

Tony Cingrani P | CIN

Danny Farquhar P | SEA

Andrew Heaney P | LAA

Henry Owens P | BOS

Carlos Rodon P | CHW

Drew Smyly P | TB

the top 3 CBS ranked free agent batters are Tomas, Semien and Byrd.

the top 3 CBS ranked free agent pitchers are Gregerson, Andrew Miller, Collmenter

No big deal shady inc. I understand your position. Hang around the BBF some more and don't let RnR hurt your feelings.

BoubCheese looks like it's going to be a thing and Kraft is the only new confirmed owner. So here's another proposal to consider.

1. BoubCheese stays intact

2. Harryhood and Flying Elvis teams get disbanded.

3. We contract from 13 to 12 teams

5. We all do our annual add/drop cycle (1 round) of what's left including dispersed teams and free agents

6. Kraft finishes filling the rest of his team.

If ever a team deserved to be blown up, it's Harry's. The pool got a whole lot shallower once Boub's guys were taken out. Kraft will come out with some core players but still has some work ahead of him. Trying to fill two new teams from the detritus of the Harryhood and Flying Elvis teams would not be good for the long term health of the league.
Looks good to me.

Any chance we could bump this up a bit? Maybe to 16? Went through the dispersal group and that would allow for a few prospects. Guessing the add/drops won't leave much meat on the bone if we keep it at 13.

Any chance we could bump this up a bit? Maybe to 16? Went through the dispersal group and that would allow for a few prospects. Guessing the add/drops won't leave much meat on the bone if we keep it at 13.
14 1/2?

The add/drops will also include the free agent pool, minor leaguers, Cubans, high school kids, etc.

Another way to do this could be just to give Kraft the Flying Elvis roster (clearly the better of the two) plus first pick in a leaguewide dispersal draft of harryhood's team.

It'd be a little less arbitrary, although I'm fine with whatever the league decides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another way to do this could be just to give Kraft the Flying Elvis roster (clearly the better of the two) plus first pick in a leaguewide dispersal draft of harryhood's team.

It'd be a little less arbitrary, although I'm fine with whatever the league decides.
That's another option. I have a tendency to overcomplicate things.

Harry's team is really bad--Hanley Ramirez is the prize and things go downhill quickly from him. The Flying Elvis team finished ahead of Yu Mama last year. If we go down this route, I think it would be fairer to have Kraft and Yu Mama roll for first pick in the Harrydraft.

I just noticed this thread and will always be interested in trying to help if players are needed.

I have time and money.....

Chemical X said:
I just noticed this thread and will always be interested in trying to help if players are needed.

You guys may have the time and the money, but do you have the masochism?

Would love to add either ChemX or AoD to the mix and stay at 13, but the weak dispersal pool remains a problem.
I think there's probably two teams worth of hitting between the dead teams and the free agent pool. The lack of pitching is the problem. Elvis and Harry were the bottom two in 2014 pitching by a pretty large margin.

We could make this like an expansion draft where the returning teams are able to protect X pitchers (or players) and add the unprotected players to the draft pool. No team could lose more than one player from their current roster. This wouldn't supply any front line pitching but it would increase depth.

Chemical X said:

Would love to add either ChemX or AoD to the mix and stay at 13, but the weak dispersal pool remains a problem.
Agreed, committed owners are great, those bottom 2 teams are really bad though, I'd be willing to do the protection/expansion draft concept. Of course pitching is my weaker area as well.

I could partner with X or Kraft as needed, not sure what is going on here. I said last fall I'd be interested in returning, but can wait for future years if you guys are good to go.

i'll partner up if someone wants in......i am usually not a good partner, but if someone wants in, i can play nice. me and DD would be awesome on so many levels. he truly dislikes me, which is a turn on!

Chemical X said:

Agreed, committed owners are great, those bottom 2 teams are really bad though, I'd be willing to do the protection/expansion draft concept. Of course pitching is my weaker area as well.
I'm ok with this for committed guys

I never received confirmation from Giant Wooden Badger/Yu Mama whether he was in or out in 2015. I've PMed and emailed him so grab a seat and relax nerds.

Users who are viewing this thread