What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (4 Viewers)

PIK95 said:
I almost drafted T Swag and another guy who went.  We were saving our waiver spot but I would have grabbed Swag after.
I don't know how long I can hold a dozen prospects and still field a semi-competitive team but my master plan is to overreact to early MiLB performance before cutting the wrong prospects to hoard crap closers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how long I can hold a dozen prospects and still field a semi-competitive team but my master plan is to overreact to early MiLB performance before cutting the wrong prospects to hoard crap closers.
I'm sticking with my plan or attempting to compete while stockpiling "high ceiling" guys aged 19-29 who will never come close to that ceiling (in this regard, I really should have protected Ketel Marte) before pivoting to my usual strategy of getting as many Canadians as possible. 

Guy with Paxton, look for a Carrasco offer for him by mid-June. Objectively I still prefer CC but as far as I know he has zero Canada flag tattoos. 

Could use one more non-crappy power hitting outfielder and a guy who can snag 40 bags for a non-top prospect. Let us know if you want to deal.

Time to start collecting. Please PayPal $50 to bensanders at gmail dot com.

Paid

DrD
RnR
UMjake49
Kraft
PIK/greedygoat
rodg12
shady inc
Eephus
Cheese
Northern Voice

That trade allows us to have a complete active mlb starting starting lineup for the first time in 3-4 years.  Look out mid pack!

You guys are smart.  

Doing a live auction on Sunday.  5X5, 12 teams, mixed, $270, 3 year keeper, may keep $50 in salary next year, no minimums or maximums in innings

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, OF, UT

7 active pitchers

10 bench

I think pitching is worth more here since there are only 10 starting position players.  Also prospects not expected to make it up this year aren't worth much. 

Anything you might do here given the parameters?  TIA

You guys are smart.  

Doing a live auction on Sunday.  5X5, 12 teams, mixed, $270, 3 year keeper, may keep $50 in salary next year, no minimums or maximums in innings

7 active pitchers

10 bench

I think pitching is worth more here since there are only 10 starting position players.  Also prospects not expected to make it up this year aren't worth much. 

I'd input the custom league parameters into an auction value calculator like the one on Fangraphs and see what it spits out.

What's the IP maximum?

I'd input the custom league parameters into an auction value calculator like the one on Fangraphs and see what it spits out.

What's the IP maximum?
I did that, leans pitching heavier.

There are no minimums or maximums.  These guys are all fantasy football guys and degenerate gamblers so I'm not sure what this is gonna be like. 

I did that, leans pitching heavier.

There are no minimums or maximums.  These guys are all fantasy football guys and degenerate gamblers so I'm not sure what this is gonna be like. 
Rotating SPs into 7 pitching slots should be possible, especially with the big benches.

Lineup management seems like a PITA in this format. 

No minimums or maximums can make pitching tricky. A real good staff of SP can get beat in W and K by guys just spamming IP, or in ERA and WHIP by a bunch of relievers. I wouldn't want to spend overboard on pitching for that reason.

I'm thinking I'd probably spend to get a really solid starting offense, then try to pick up a lot of high-upside strikeout arms cheap and late, preferrably young ones. Then if you hit on a few those they can be keepers. If you miss bad, you can stream and try to max out IP to salvage some pitching points.

You guys are smart.  

7 active pitchers

10 bench

Not extreme enough in any direction to move off your typical plan imo. Contract leagues I basically treat as redraft, and 3 yr max even more so I think. 

Commish @Eephus, I'm seeing the first 'Period' for Serious Biz as 3/28.  Does that mean the games in Tokyo don't count?
It looks like I now have a 3/20 lineup option, which I hadn’t seen before today.

I’ve held off on cutting Ryon Healy just so I could use him in those 2 games, so they better count.

Anyone's lineup funky this morning? I don't remember taking Laureano out of my lineup, though I guess with the CBS app anything is possible.

I do to for 2019 but I’m a lot less high on Leclerc. I love Mejia’s bat but know he won’t get north of 300 abs this season

I might just blow the whole thing up this season 
I like that Texas has him under contract for four years. Now if he can just hold the job...

With Upton gone, Kershaw is my last original year 3 dispersal draft player left. He’ll be available too if/when he gets healthy and pitches well. Same goes for my other injured/unsigned vets.

Wasn't planning for a rebuild this year but I’ve never had a preseason injury crisis quite like that. Hopefully I’ll be competitive again fairly quickly though.

I could use a 1B if anyone has a surplus. Preferably on the younger side considering the demographic of my team. I have a plethora of MI if anyone has a need there. 

Too early to tell if this is a good or bad year.  I'm hedging for now and will adjust strategy after a couple of months.

I could use a 1B if anyone has a surplus. Preferably on the younger side considering the demographic of my team. I have a plethora of MI if anyone has a need there. 
We have a couple.  Guz and Rowdy.  We could use a MI if you want to try.

I’m laying in the weeds for now but I’ll be in the market for pitching at some point. This of course depends on my hitting being elite, if that fails I’ll be a seller!!!!! 

I’m in the game! Letting the guy I’ve scouted in-person, and named my team after for two years go was tough. 

But my offense is the 12 team standard now, take a look and drool. :bye:  

Big day for me!

IN: Rizzo, Kimbrel, Archie Bradley, Mark Melancon, Steve Cishek

Out: Brendan Rodgers, Jeimer Candelario, Luis Garcia, and Kopech

Rizzo is a steady hand, still 29, and I needed a CIFer besides Eric Hosmer.  Kimbrel should be closing somewhere by summer, Bradley/Melancon/Cishek are all handcuffs guaranteeing me saves where they are. 

Hate losing Rodgers who I think is at worst a 5th round pick by 2021.  Candelario is a good roto guy with a high floor, he will be way better than he was last year going forward.  I'm a huge Garcia fan, I guess I wasn't the only one.  High OBP guy with 4 cat return but a ways away.  Kopech throws 300mph when his elbow isn't broke, thanks to Pik for the Bradley, Candelario and Kopech parts of the day.  Couldn't have done it without you!

Still need a starter, call me. 

Users who are viewing this thread