What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (5 Viewers)

Was anyone looking at Bobby Dalbec at all? I thought he would get poached since he's a fairly young decent dart throw. He should get ABs this season too. 
I considered him but I already have the West Coast version of Dalbec in Evan White

I'm going to miss chasing crap closers. I refuse to drop prospects for them, but last year we had 8 extra roster spots and no minor league season so I went to town.
I think that’s why it’s important NOT to expand rosters like that in 2021. I’d add DL slots only, and only Covid guys can go there. Last year we did as well as we could, but the good teams were negatively effected. 

FishTacoTuesday said:
I think that’s why it’s important NOT to expand rosters like that in 2021. I’d add DL slots only, and only Covid guys can go there. Last year we did as well as we could, but the good teams were negatively effected. 
CBS allows IL slots but I don't see any way to stipulate COVID only eligibility for it.

We have until just before opening day to decide on any IL changes. Let's see what happens with the virus during spring training.

Football league I ran last fall on CBS, we used the practice squad as a covid specific IL.

Does baseball have a taxi/practice squad setting?

Football league I ran last fall on CBS, we used the practice squad as a covid specific IL.

Does baseball have a taxi/practice squad setting?
Not that I'm aware of.  The only options are to increase roster size either by additional IL or regular slots

Are we allowed to trade yet?  Looking for a potential closer with a pulse.  Have prospects we can move.  

Trades are open year round.

Add/drops are open as of last night.
The site wouldn't let me send trade offers last night.  Couldn't highlight opposing team guy on step two.  I'll try again.

Edited to add:still not working

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate that he converted this to SEC football terminology for me. It's the little things.

I feel naked with the sudden lack of M's on my team page. My prospect number is the lowest it's ever been  :mellow:
I only have 3, and my team isn’t even good yet. :sadbanana:

Although it’s a little misleading because I have 6 guys still on prospect lists but also on 40-man rosters, plus Pedro Leon would have an M if he was in the CBS system.

CBS isn't consistent with their preseason minors designations.

Simeon Woods-Richardson has never pitched above A ball and isn't on Toronto's 40-man but CBS doesn't give him the green M.  Maybe it has to do with the Blue Jays playing in Dunedin this year because Woods-Richardson last pitched there in 2019.

I'll move Altuve, Abreu, any of my older guys but I don't want a package for them, I already have too many guys I like, so a 1 for 1, 2 for 2, etc.. type with a similar value younger player or close to the bigs prospect.

Do we know what’s going on with position eligibility?  I had 2 guys lose 3b by not playing enough games there in the COVID season. All other sites are giving 2019 eligibility back, but maybe CBS isn’t?

eta: I swear boss already answered this in here but search is unbearable. 

Do we know what’s going on with position eligibility?  I had 2 guys lose 3b by not playing enough games there in the COVID season. All other sites are giving 2019 eligibility back, but maybe CBS isn’t?

eta: I swear boss already answered this in here but search is unbearable. 
Yeah I don't think they are gonna do that.  

Yeah I don't think they are gonna do that.  
Pretty dumb imo. He sucks anyway, but for example Matt Thaiss played 3b most of the year in 2019 (43 of his 53 games) and then played 3b only 1 of his whole 8 games of covid ball at 3b in 2020 so he loses it. 

CBS position eligibility is based on 10 game appearances in 2020 down from 20 games in normal years.  This is configurable so we can reduce if there's a consensus to do so.

5 game appearances in 2021 are required to gain eligibility in season.

ETA:  I don't believe CBS has ever tracked starts vs. appearances like some other sites do.

CBS position eligibility is based on 10 game appearances in 2020 down from 20 games in normal years.  This is configurable so we can reduce if there's a consensus to do so.

5 game appearances in 2021 are required to gain eligibility in season.

ETA:  I don't believe CBS has ever tracked starts vs. appearances like some other sites do.
So guys who didn’t play 10 games out of 60 are DH only?

Spartans Rule said:
Looks like this day is coming sooner than expected :kicksrock:
Tough position to gage prospect wise for sure. I came very close to dropping Triston McKenzie several times over the last couple years. Same with not protecting Spencer Howard(over guys like Price, went back and fourth several times on that one) and trading you Nate Pearson. Decided to go with the "bird in the hand" philosophy when it comes to parting with young pitching. To many unknowns with roles and injuries these days. 

Tough position to gage prospect wise for sure. I came very close to dropping Triston McKenzie several times over the last couple years. Same with not protecting Spencer Howard(over guys like Price, went back and fourth several times on that one) and trading you Nate Pearson. Decided to go with the "bird in the hand" philosophy when it comes to parting with young pitching. To many unknowns with roles and injuries these days. 
Whitley vs. Amed Rosario was my debate for my 25th protect spot. Would like to have that one back.

What makes pitching so tricky is that all the uncertainty just makes the value of an ace that much higher. I remember when redrafts were almost all hitting for the first 5-6 rounds. Now there's so few stud SP you have to get them early. And from a dynasty standpoint, the value of actually turning a prospect into an ace is absurdly high. My bats are in great shape, but I'm not there on pitching and it's too soon and too expensive to go out and buy. My best shot is to gamble on some high-upside arms even if it's a dangerous game.

As the Ohtani owner, anyone know how CBS would handle what happened yesterday in a regular season game? 

2/2 with a BB. 4 IP with 5 Ks. 

I suppose it counts whichever place you have him started. U or P?

I don't think it's any different from Ohtani batting in a NL ballpark in previous years. He's either a pitcher or hitter on a given day but not both.

That Turner trade was offered weeks ago.  I accepted it, but if for some reason you changed your mind just let me know. 

One week into the season and I've already added exciting young prospects Chris Devenski, Robbie Grossman and Daniel Hudson.

Eephus said:
One week into the season and I've already added exciting young prospects Chris Devenski, Robbie Grossman and Daniel Hudson.
I think we have added a half dozen speculative closers. I guess I never should have left India exposed last year.  I should try to make an all time "stars that got cut as minors by pik: team when I'm bored.  Buster Posey would be the catcher, that one still hurts.

Users who are viewing this thread