What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
Year 17 (2024) league page: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/aeo0e7pklngez8zm

----------------------------------------------
2024 Edition

17th year, 2nd board, 3rd thread, 2nd fantasy site

12 teams, 480 rostered players

No rules or ownership changes for year 17

Using Fantrax Treasurer again this year.

RIP former league members Finless (Chris Holmes) and Tremendous Upside (Sean Gullen)

Link to old thread

Link to 2024 CB Draft Sheet

Next steps:

1. Protect 25 keepers by February 12. Remaining players will be unprotected for competitive balance draft.

2. Four round competitive balance draft in reverse order of 2023 standings (Non-snake). Each team can only lose three unprotected players.

3. Process any necessary drops to get all teams back to 40 man rosters

4. Annual waivers cycle using waivers order carried over from last year.

5. Open transactions (FCFS) for the remainder of the season

Last edited:
I'd be interested. Not a very schticky poster around these parts with any real reputation or anything but I've been hanging round FBG's for quite a long time. Like to think I know my baseball and am a decently active poster in this forum.

Do you play at ESPN or Yahoo or somewhere else? Edit: What is BBT?

Also, how do you handle adding Cubans or Japan League players? Does someone keep a spreadsheet of who has who?

League sounds intriguing. Please keep me in mind for a spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
League is hosted on CBS. BBT is a defunct site that pre-dates this board.

We track players not in the CBS database on the league site. With Tanaka and the Cubans coming in this year, there's currently nobody on the list but there usually are a handful of names.

Away from my computer right now but will be back a little later on today to figure the dispersal draft stuff...

GWB, assume we want to do snake draft? Highest roll for first pick?

Not sure if the first one went through because I got a non responding from Safari but if it did it went to the wisruthroll address... I rolled again if it didn't go through and got a 927. So if my first roll went through to the email I will take that but if not I think it is 927.

The new guys are about halfway through the dispersal draft.

We should be starting the annual one round add/drop draft early this week.

The new guys are about halfway through the dispersal draft.

We should be starting the annual one round add/drop draft early this week.
Just finished up the draft... Not sure if I took too many or too few prospects to round out my team but the depth thinned out real quick with the draft.

New teams have been entered on league site. Please doublecheck and let me know of any errors.

The one round add/drop draft can begin at any time. PLEASE BE SURE TO INDICATE WHO YOU'RE DROPPING (except for new teams)

1. harryhood
  2. RnR
  3. Boubucarow
  4. Berserker
  5. NV
  6. pik95
  7. Spartans Rule
  8. eephus
  9. Hoos First
  10. HellToupee
  11. Greedygoat
  12. GWB/Flying Elvis (order TBD)
ETA: harryhood PMed. I'm traveling this week so would appreciate any help in keeping this moving. NV is out of pocket until Tuesday.

Just wondering who/how I send the payment for the league to?

Also not sure if everything is open for business yet but I'm open to receiving offers on any players. Tried my best to just kind of stockpile talent/chips in the dispersal draft so now looking to build the team in my image.

Yea

Oh, the choices are overwhelming. :mellow:
Yeah, that's a problem in years with dispersal drafts
For a guy like myself that traded his RP last season with the idea of trying to replenish the corp after an off-season that opened up a spot or two, it's a complete screw job. No way around it, really.
There will always be closers available
0 projected saves on my roster. (and it was by design)

New teams have been entered on league site. Please doublecheck and let me know of any errors.

The one round add/drop draft can begin at any time. PLEASE BE SURE TO INDICATE WHO YOU'RE DROPPING (except for new teams)

1. harryhood
  2. RnR
  3. Boubucarow
  4. Berserker
  5. NV
  6. pik95
  7. Spartans Rule
  8. eephus
  9. Hoos First
  10. HellToupee
  11. Greedygoat
ETA: harryhood PMed. I'm traveling this week so would appreciate any help in keeping this moving. NV is out of pocket until Tuesday.
Explain this to me like I'm Finless.

1. harryhood
  2. RnR
  3. Boubucarow
  4. Berserker
  5. NV
  6. pik95
  7. Spartans Rule
  8. eephus
  9. Hoos First
  10. HellToupee
  11. Greedygoat
Waiver wire locks at the end of the season. It reopens in March with a one-round draft from worst to first to allow people to make transactions. You guys took all the good players this year, rendering it a fairly useless exercise this season. In years that we don't have a dispersal draft, the bottom five or so usually end up with a pretty useful player out of all this.

1. harryhood
  2. RnR
  3. Boubucarow
  4. Berserker
  5. NV
  6. pik95
  7. Spartans Rule
  8. eephus
  9. Hoos First
  10. HellToupee
  11. Greedygoat
Waiver wire locks at the end of the season. It reopens in March with a one-round draft from worst to first to allow people to make transactions. You guys took all the good players this year, rendering it a fairly useless exercise this season. In years that we don't have a dispersal draft, the bottom five or so usually end up with a pretty useful player out of all this.
Yeah, I get that. Just not sure why we would be included at this point. Seems like we shouldn't be involved in this for this year. I'm also not sure I follow the comment about the "new teams" not indicating who we're dropping.

1. harryhood
  2. RnR
  3. Boubucarow
  4. Berserker
  5. NV
  6. pik95
  7. Spartans Rule
  8. eephus
  9. Hoos First
  10. HellToupee
  11. Greedygoat
Yeah, I get that. Just not sure why we would be included at this point. Seems like we shouldn't be involved in this for this year. I'm also not sure I follow the comment about the "new teams" not indicating who we're dropping.
Oh, well I guess more or less you're getting the last priority to make a selection before it becomes a FCFS for everyone else. Its entirely likely you guys would simply pass on that option.

RnR said:
Eephus said:
RnR said:
Eephus said:
Yea

RnR said:
Oh, the choices are overwhelming. :mellow:
Yeah, that's a problem in years with dispersal drafts
For a guy like myself that traded his RP last season with the idea of trying to replenish the corp after an off-season that opened up a spot or two, it's a complete screw job. No way around it, really.
There will always be closers available
0 projected saves on my roster. (and it was by design)
I have a few, BTW. :coffee:

I'm up for a trade. Sp to deal. Nothing major but wouldn't mind moving a SP for a bat.

I'd like to get some younger bats on my team. I have some talent to deal that could really help a team that needs pitching this year. Probably my highest end chip is Cliff Lee. Can also help people out with saves as well. Willing to deal most others though too. Not looking to tear everything down and rebuild but some young major league hitters or pitchers would help out.

Though I too am puzzled by you not needing to drop anyone.
What is the roster max? I think we have 36 now. Is it 37 or something?
36 with a DL slot I believe.
There's an injured slot that's effectively a 37th man. CBS injury info on minor leaguers is worthless so I stopped enforcement of the DL two years ago.
Okay, makes sense then. I have a few names still on my shortlist.

I'd like to get some younger bats on my team. I have some talent to deal that could really help a team that needs pitching this year. Probably my highest end chip is Cliff Lee. Can also help people out with saves as well. Willing to deal most others though too. Not looking to tear everything down and rebuild but some young major league hitters or pitchers would help out.
I'll take a look. I have not much depth at all but I am in a spot to try and make a push.

First trade done.

Hoos gets David Ortiz

Panchos get Brandon Belt

Hopefully Ortiz will help me out for 2 years.

Semi-available: David Wright, Shin-Soo Choo, Max Scherzer, Cole Hamels, Bobby Parnell.

Very available: Miguel Montero, Jhonny Peralta, Coco Crisp, Will Venable, Jake Peavy.

Goal is to get younger without totally blowing up the team. Looking for young MLB players or nearly-ready prospects.

I don't have much depth but would make a deal. Someone send me an offer please. I will move pitchers.

Users who are viewing this thread